Old 01-24-2020, 11:11 PM   #1
Al_Calavicci
Control Room Technician

Default At Last! A Screen Accurate Functional Gummy Bear Handlink!

One of the dreams of any true Quantum Leap fan has finally been answered,and boy was it worth the wait! “Feldon30” had sent me a message many months ago,about “ReplicaProps” working on a project to build a screen accurate,fully functioning replica is Al’s “Gummy Bear” handlink and I just ran across a video on YouTube of the completed handlink and it’s fantastic!
For the amount of effort put into this the price is a bargain! I have to compliment feldon30 and ReplicaProps for their dedication,research and hard work in bringing this to life! Absolutely amazing! Now maybe you guys can get to work on a replica of als car from the first episode. How about a fully functioning imaging chamber? I don’t ask much,do I? Lol!

Hers a link!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oRakmX-jt70

Last edited by feldon30; 01-28-2020 at 12:33 AM.
Al_Calavicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:19 PM   #2
Al_Calavicci
Control Room Technician

And another video,showing the unboxing of one! It’s much more dramatic in this video because the lights really show,and you get to hear the other sounds! I love the fact it squawks when you hit the side and the speed of the lights can be adjusted. The sound in the videos is amazingly clear and clean! I can only imagine what it must sound like in real life!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1loCr8HStv4

I’m going to have to scrape together the money to get one! Ziggy center me in on $600!

I actually tried building one myself in the early 90’s from acrylic when the show was still on the air,lol! Well it only took nearly 3 decades to finally see this become a reality. Once again,top notch work guys!

Here’s a link to the replica props forum where you can buy one!

http://www.replicaprops.com/

Last edited by feldon30; 01-28-2020 at 12:33 AM.
Al_Calavicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:42 AM   #3
feldon30
Forum Technician

I'm glad you like it. Replica Props had gotten the acrylic shell near-perfect and was looking at electronics solutions. That's when I reached out to him and offered to take a whack at it. It took me some time, but I kept wailing away on it until I was happy with it. I have to give credit to Matt Dale (author of Beyond the Mirror Image) who graciously went through every episode through seasons 3, 4, and 5 to make sure we had every single sound represented. We ended up with 6 different "shake" sounds, two startup sounds, all the bleeps and bloops, as well as a fun easter egg mode. It runs for 10-12 hours on a charge, which is done through standard microUSB.

We're also very close to shipping a Wristlink (prominently seen worn by Scott and Mimi (Donna) in The Leap Back).

We also got some very kind words from the original creator of the Gummi Bear handlinks and wristlink John Riley. He said we got it very close on both props.