Scott's dislocated foot?

Samantha Beckett

Project QL Intern
Oct 31, 2005
Vestavia, Alabama
Hey, I was watching some of the videos on the site, and one of them said that Scott dislocated his foot (falling down the stairs, i think...it wasnt related to QL whatever it was) during the QL run. Scott said to cover it up, the writers rewrote the beginning to include a fall for Sam so the limping would seen normal. Also, since he still wasn't fully better in the next ep, they rewrote him being shot in the leg at the beginning. I have no idea what season it was in, but does anyone have any idea what two eps they are talking about?

Samantha Beckett

Samantha_Beckett said:
Hey, I was watching some of the videos on the site, and one of them said that Scott dislocated his foot (falling down the stairs, i think...it wasnt related to QL whatever it was) during the QL run. Scott said to cover it up, the writers rewrote the beginning to include a fall for Sam so the limping would seen normal. Also, since he still wasn't fully better in the next ep, they rewrote him being shot in the leg at the beginning. I have no idea what season it was in, but does anyone have any idea what two eps they are talking about?

Samantha Beckett

"Future Boy" was the original limping episode, and "Piano Man" was the one where he was shot in the leg

Some further information regarding this:

The Season 3 episode after "Future Boy", which was "Private Dancer", there was an extensive dance sequence in which Scott and guest star and guest director Debbie Allen partook in. In order for Scott to do this scene without any pain from his foot, according to the episode guide, he had taken pain killers to ease the discomfort. As it is, that sequence was unbelievable and Scott and Debbie were great on the dance floor.

There was another dance scene with Rhondee Beriault which was unbelievable as well.

As previously mentioned, since Scott was still recovering from his foot injury, they changed "Piano Man" to suit the circumstances.

Just wanted to add some insight into this. I hope this is helpful.

smile.gif

"Even heroes are human."
-Sam-Trilogy:part II: For Your Love

"You can't let one bad moment spoil a bunch of good ones."
-Dale Earnhardt

I remember those eps now! Thanks!

I loved those dance scenes in "Private Dancer" too! I always saw a little clip of that ep in the opening theme montage and I always wanted to see that one! That first dance he did with Debbie Allen was awesome. That whole ep was really well done.

*excitedly* I'm buying the QL dvds this weekend!!!!!!!!!! *eek!*

Samantha Beckett

Samantha_Beckett said:
I think he either fell up or fell down some stairs at his home.

Samantha Beckett

awww poor Scotty.:(
i never the whole limping deal in "Future Boy" and "Piano Man" were related to anything though i thought those were just things that happened in the episodes. very interesting.

but as for the Private Dancer thing, the episode guide on this site says that Scott was on those pain killers because he had injured his knee filming "Runaway"?
so i am confused now?

asearcher said:
Was it before filming altogether or during filming that he did this?

It was away from the set, but during the filming week of the QL ep.

Cyd, I had always heard that the pain killers that Scott took for Private Dancer was because of his foot, so theres a tiny cloud of confusion over here too.

Samantha Beckett

Yeah, i think it was because of his foot. I sprained an ankle once and that hurt like hell, i couldn't imagine the pain from a dislocated foot. I would probably die, lol.

Samantha Beckett

More Foot questions

OK...I've heard that Scott hurt his foot tripping over cables on the set of runaway. Obviously, if he was filming runaway during the time he was filming QL, there were multiple sets involved.

SO
What was Runaway
Where was it filmed
What was the likely filming schedule (e.g. was Scott filming QL in the morning and Runaway at night or vice versa or some other schedule?)

Runaway is the name of a QL ep where Sam leaps into Butchie a 13(?) year old boy. He has to stop 'his' mother from leaving the family while on vacation.
--Lori

Runaway (QL episode)

I knew that Runaway was a QL Episode but it was my understanding that he hurt his foot AWAY from QL...so I figured it was something different.

So...does this mean he was filming 2 QL episodes at the same time (Runaway and Future Boy?)

Well, they would get a script for the next episode while they were working on the previous one, which leads me to think that they work on them pretty much back to back. Plus, injuries like that can be painful for a long time after the initial incident, so it's plausible. I sprained my left ankle twice in 3 months, once in a basketball game, then about a month and a half later i sprained it during my school play. The play injury happened before my basketball injury fully healed. I was bed and sofa ridden for 3 months, and had a HORRIBLE gimpy limp for about 2 months afterwards. I had the ACE wrap, crutches, pain killers, the whole works. People who have dislocated their shoulders have problems with them for a looooong time and i'd imagine it be the same for a foot. Especially since its used everyday.

Claire