QL Alumni

Samantha Beckett

Project QL Intern
Oct 31, 2005
Vestavia, Alabama
I just noticed this while watching "Temptation Eyes". Enterprise watchers, help me out...the woman who plays Tamlyn is the same one who plays Hoshi in Enterprise, right? It looks just like her!

This brings up an idea. Let's see if we can do a "Kevin Bacon" thing and see if there were any QL alumni (so to speak--ppl who guest starred) who worked with either Scott or Dean later in their careers. This can be using shows that have had QL referrences too. I know of the one's with How I Met Your Mother. This would be fun to see.

Samantha Beckett

Samantha Beckett said:
I just noticed this while watching "Temptation Eyes". Enterprise watchers, help me out...the woman who plays Tamlyn is the same one who plays Hoshi in Enterprise, right? It looks just like her!

Samantha Beckett

'Fraid not Claire.
Tamlyn was played by Tamlyn Tomita, Hoshi is played by Linda Park.

Tamyln did perform in the movie that was made of the book The JOy Luck Club. my best friend has read the book but i have not, sounds kinda interesting though.

Okay sooooo showing my age here, but the first thing I ever saw Tamlyn Tomita in was The Karate Kid Part II, and I fell in love with her immediately. If you liked her as Waverly Jong in Joy-Luck Club, Kumiko in Karate Kid Part II is a bit more of the ingenue type character, but she does a great dance in full kimono!

oh i have seen the karate kid II but it was through my music hehe cuz i was not interested. was she that girl that JOhnny liked in China and that dude tried to kill her?

Sam Beckett Fan said:
oh i have seen the karate kid II but it was through my music hehe cuz i was not interested. was she that girl that JOhnny liked in China and that dude tried to kill her?

You're roughly right. Kumiko was the granddaughter or niece of the lady (whose name I can't recall b/c I haven't seen this movie in YEARS) that Mr. Miyagi had been in love with years ago. There was a great parallel scene of the tea ceremony. Daniel (Ralph Macchio) was the Karate Kid. (Johnny was his nemesis in the first movie). And yes, the protege of Sato (Miyagi's nemesis) invaded Kumiko's dance with the fans and threatened to kill her unless Daniel fought him to the death. It was set in Okinawa.

Tamlyn Tomita also played Janet Tokada along with Mimi Kuzyk who was the Secretary of State in the movie, "The Day After Tomorow."

Did anyone catch those two lovely ladies together or say... "Hmmm... I think that I know them from somewhere?"

QL Damsel said:
Tamlyn Tomita also played Janet Tokada along with Mimi Kuzyk who was the Secretary of State in the movie, "The Day After Tomorow."

Did anyone catch those two lovely ladies together or say... "Hmmm... I think that I know them from somewhere?"

*:wavey puts hand up and pleads guilty! I did!

hey i just bought the movie Just Like Heaven and i am watching it and noticed that the guy who portrays Seymore and OSwald, camoed in it as some guy in a resturant, i think he works there but it is not clear.

I believe the actor (I am so blanking on his name) was also a regular on Sex and the City. I've seen him in guest spots on Monk as well.

If I recall, wasn't Tamlyn Tomita in several episodes of "Jag" as another attorney sent to help Harm and Mac? I know she played a role in a case that brought Dean into the fold on that show. I could be wrong about that.

:) Donna

"Helping people is what I do for a living."
-Sam - Dr. Ruth

"It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself."
-Dale Earnhardt

"That was the second floor."
-Wallace Wooley - I Married a Witch

McDuck said:
I believe the actor (I am so blanking on his name) was also a regular on Sex and the City. I've seen him in guest spots on Monk as well.

yeah it's Willie Garson, i looked him up on imdb, and he is in a lot of stuff that i actually know and quite a few i have seen.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
yeah it's Willie Garson, i looked him up on imdb, and he is in a lot of stuff that i actually know and quite a few i have seen.

Willie Garson was in a lot of movies and TV shows as either minor characters or one or more episode recurring characters. I remember he was in two episodes of Stargate SG-1 as Martin Lloyd. He appeared in an episode of Friends in season 5 as Ross's new neighbor Steve(no pun intended LOL) and also he was in the movie Freaky Friday with Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan. Amongst many others. :)

Steve
RossBeckett

Y'know, The Day After Tomorrow was on TV the other day and I watched it - and all I could think about was finding Sam's women, the entire time I was watching the movie. Which I would never have thought of had no one pointed it out. Thanks a lot... :)

Seriously, though, it was nice to see the familiar faces!

QL Damsel said:

Yup, I noticed both of them too...even though the movie pretty much stunk in my opinion! :p

Damon

haha, i am watching Willie Garson right now on Boy Meets World. he's a minister that's marrying Cory and Tupenga, and he was getting all thier names wrong, lol.:D

I know this is an old thread, but there are many House fans here, so I thought I'd point this out.

During last Tuesday's House, the episode with the heavy guy, I noticed his eyes kept twitching and it was driving me crazy. Then I remembered that Norma Jean's husband in Moments to Live had eyes that did the same thing, and realizing that it couldn't be that common, especially in an actor, I looked him up in the IMDb and, sure enough, it was him. House had another QL alumni!