Question about tickets and payment...

I know this is a question that has been asked many times before (and that I'm one of the people who has asked, for which I apologize) but are you any closer to knowing ticket prices and when they go on sale? I'm asking because I somehow managed to get my hands on some extra cash, and I want to put aside money for a ticket so I don't accidentally spend it.

Emma, Judy and Maryse will be meeting with the hotel staff towards the end of this month. We should have some more concrete info for everyone by early June. Stay tuned!

I know it may seem like nothing is happening, or that we're dragging our feet, but all the T's have to be crossed and the I's dotted before we open ticket sales. It is taking longer than we had anticipated. I'm personally hoping we can get this all resolved by the end of the summer. Cross your fingers!

CarolD said:
I know it may seem like nothing is happening, or that we're dragging our feet, but all the T's have to be crossed and the I's dotted before we open ticket sales. It is taking longer than we had anticipated. I'm personally hoping we can get this all resolved by the end of the summer. Cross your fingers!

My apologies if I seem a little impatient. Who wouldn't be, with a convention like this to look forward to! :D Given how it's growing into something much larger than anyone originally expected, I'm not surprised it's taking awhile. I'll just have to hide this money from myself so I don't accidentally spend it.

Personally, I'm happier that ticket sales haven't started yet. From the attendees' point of view, we have lots of time. I would prefer to buy a ticket closer to the event. A year and a half before the con is still a long time.

But I've been much enjoying hearing all the bits of news about the convention planning progress!

LadyKayoss said:
My apologies if I seem a little impatient. Who wouldn't be, with a convention like this to look forward to! :D Given how it's growing into something much larger than anyone originally expected, I'm not surprised it's taking awhile. I'll just have to hide this money from myself so I don't accidentally spend it.

Nah, you don't seem at all impatient, Jamie. We're trying to keep you all in the loop as much as possible; everything is kind of in limbo at the moment as we wait to hear about various legal matters, and we're in the final stages of our contract negotiations with the convention hotel.

As Carol says, we're hoping that June will be the month that sees us moving forward with our convention plans. We're so determined that we want to do this right, we don't want to jump in before everything is ready.

Squirrel that money away somewhere safe, and hopefully, you'll have the opportunity to spend it in the upcoming weeks!

Snish, we're planning all sorts of things do keep you all updated - a column on the site detailing all the behind-the-scenes info, and PQL are now doing podcasts, the second of which features our own Maryse, committee member and graphic designer extraordinaire! You can hear the podcast here: http://www.projectquantumleap.com/podcasts.htm.

We toyed with the idea of photos of the planning process, but figured that pictures of the committee members sitting at their laptops wearing pyjamas and eating chocolate (and that's just King!Brian) wouldn't be that interesting.:lol

Payment of tickets - installments???

I was wondering how the installment process will work pertaining to the payment of the tickets??? I will travel all the way from South Africa to attend this convention (and ironically, the convention happens to be two days before my birthday!!! B-) and therefore I need to finalise some arrangements regarding payments well in advance (such as applying for a travel visa, etc.). Unfortunately, the currency rate between the South African Rand and the US Dollar is rather unpredictable and the price of the tickets are very expensive when converted to SA Rand. However, I am able to pay for the tickets in installments and would like to start the process as soon as possible. Can anyone help???

Regards,
Carmen

karmenski said:
I was wondering how the installment process will work pertaining to the payment of the tickets??? Unfortunately, the currency rate between the South African Rand and the US Dollar is rather unpredictable and the price of the tickets are very expensive when converted to SA Rand. However, I am able to pay for the tickets in installments and would like to start the process as soon as possible. Can anyone help???

Regards,
Carmen
Hello Carmen,

Although I am not a part of that committee, I can probably say that this team will accomodate you to the best of their ability. They're a pretty awesome group.

We look forward to your attendence and know a flight from South Africa will be long for you but the end result will be magical!

Sorry about the currency rate but you are one of two countries on this planet our dollar beats! We need the excitement.

Looking forward to your sunny face next year.

When I saw the date for the tickets I PANICKED!!! It's only a couple of days before I flyout to Vanocuver for another convention and all my money is tied up in that. If the tickets are paid in installments it would be so cool.

It would be easy for me to pay the rest a couple of weeks after I got back. :)

karmenski said:
I was wondering how the installment process will work pertaining to the payment of the tickets??? Carmen

We hope you can attend, however we are not offering an installment plan. As you can imagine, managing an installment plan for over 500 people would be impossible. We do have a lower priced ticket (only $119 USD) that is the most manageable for many budgets. That gets you in for the entire weekend to all the basic functions. Of course we do have add-on events still in the planning.

We apologize for the inconvenience and definitely hope you can make it in 2009!

No installment plan? Shoot... This is going to be cutting it very close here; I'm starting a job soon, and I'll probably get my first paycheck right around the time of payment. Hmm... How many of the Diamond tickets are available? I'm going to try to work something out.

We're estimating about 48 places in the diamond section.

Sorry about the installment plan, or lack therof. When we first created ticket prices, they were very high and a payment plan was going to be necessary. But now that we have slashed them nearly in half from what we announced, we felt many people would be able to better afford the ticket all at once.

If your Paypal account is linked to a credit card, then you can always pay your credit card co. in installments--of course you want to avoid paying interest charges if possible, but if you've got to have that ticket right away...

Another option (if you have good credit and are regularly inundated with offers like I am), take advantage of one of those 6-months or 1 year no-interest on purchases deals. Buy your ticket and pay it off over the interest free period. If you need longer than that, get another card from another issuer with a no-interest offer and transfer your balance.

The secret to making this work for you is NOT USING THE CARD other than your ticket purchase!

Janna Galaxy said:
I don't have a problem with the price it's just the timing is not so good. Fingers crossed I should have the money in time.

My problem exactly. I don't know what day I get paid, only that I should be receiving my first paycheck around then.

I have another question. Around what time are tickets going on sale? Morning, afternoon, evening? I'm going to need to make sure I have computer access, and I need a rough idea of when to be online. Thanks to my crashed computer, it's difficult to wait around online for hours at a time. So timing is everything!

Yes, it may be a minute or two early or later, but I will open that ticket page as close to 11am EST as I can! I am taking that day and the following day off work to monitor it and make sure to handle any potential glitches in the ticketing system. I have been testing it, and seems to be very stable and reliable.

Get those keystroke fingers ready to click...

You're taking two days off work for this... I shudder to think how much unpaid time all you folks are putting into this con. Seriously, my hat is off to you. :bow

Greater love hath no fan.

Now all I have to do is get my Paypal account in order...

EmmaCMF said:
Tickets go on sale at 11am EST, March 26.

I have just been trying to work out if the tickets go on sale at 11 EST, then what time would they go on sale in the UK due to time differance.
So in my wisdom i went on to date and time dot com.
And came up with 15.00 and 18.00?????

Now im so confused.(no it doesnt take alot) :help

I can't seem to find where it is stated how much add-on event tickets will be (e.g.- the evening parties). Forgive me for sounding like a Cheapo Charlie, but I'm on a tight budget at the moment. Would it be more cost-effective to purchase one of the higher-level tickets to get into the extra parties, or to purchase a lower-level ticket, and then purchase add-on tickets later? (If I will need to purchase a higher-level ticket, it will have to wait, I'm afraid.)