QL2 different Al

Mr Questionmark

Project QL Intern
Apr 18, 2007
swindon, wilts, UK
After the final episode, Al came home from viet nam to Beth, had daughters, so in QL2 he would NOT be the same person he was in the original. Being the father of daughters, would mean his libido would be well hidden especially from his best friends daughter.
The reason originally,for his many marriages and dalliances, was that he was still trying to find his soulmate who he originally lost. now with him happily married and a father, his personality would be radically different.

your thoughts?

I agree, he may be less lecherous and gaze at less women on Sam's leaps hehe.

btw you scared me for a minute there with the title of this topic I was thinking you meant Dean Stockwell would not reprise the role in the show/movie. hehe. That is if they are still planning to do it.

Post Mirror Image

If you'd like to see at least one version of how the scenario played out AFTER Mirror Image...and you like to read fanfiction...then The Virtual Seasons (TVS) are for you.

All the stories in TVS are post mirror image where Al had always been married to Beth. The story has evolved through it's 8 years "on the air" (thanks MJ) and it's a facinating read.

There are a few exceptions in TVS that are alternative universe stories...such as the arc "World Without Sam Beckett" and the story before that "It's a Wonderful Life?" where Sam learns what would have happened IF he hadn't leapt. There are likely others as well that I'm spacing on now. But in any case...I hope you point your browser to read them and enjoy the ride!

Also, Mr. Qestionmark, if you like the evil leaper side of the coin, we also have a website out there called Quantum Retribution. It's the life of the people that live under Lothos' thumb. With all of the information that we have on the people who live there, I'm sure that Quantum Retribution may be around at least as long as TVS! By the way, they are also being made into a Radio Play.

TVS will begin to put out an audio play soon, once I get all the lines in for it. I have people who are lagging behind. Perhaps soon I can get the lines in and work on putting it together for people to enjoy. :)

As for your thoughts on Al... The Virtual Seasons (TVS) does talk about that in several aspects as Helen mentioned.

Enjoy!

Al without the lecherous edge? unthinkable. Next you'll be saying that Beth got him to quit smoking and wear quiet outfits!
Maybe it would mean Sam would get a new observer like in 'A Leap for Lisa'? Whatever Al would be like id still want him to return in some form or another, maybe as a father figure for Sammy Jo (if shes the one leaping)?

I don' think Al's personality would be radically changed. Sure he wouldn't be making the moves on the women anymore, but I'm sure what wouldn't stop him dreaming about them.

As for him getting his ex-wives names confused, well that could easily be transferred to his daughter's names. I know my Dad calls me by the wrong name more times than I care to remember. He even called me by the dog's name once, for goodness sake! lol

ziggysego said:
I don' think Al's personality would be radically changed. Sure he wouldn't be making the moves on the women anymore, but I'm sure what wouldn't stop him dreaming about them.

As for him getting his ex-wives names confused, well that could easily be transferred to his daughter's names. I know my Dad calls me by the wrong name more times than I care to remember. He even called me by the dog's name once, for goodness sake! lol

Haha! That'd be great! (Him getting his daughters names mixed up, I mean.)

But yes, I agree, I dont think his character would be that radically changed. And I have a feeling his eyes would still wonder... heh heh. Oh, Al, Oh, Al... :dreaming

ziggysego said:

Ha Ha, I posted under general discussion a list of words that don't exist but should "A bit of Fun" One of the words was Famnesia which exactly describes the phenomenon you list above, I do the same thing especially mixing up Chris's name (the baby) with Rupert's (the dog). The other thing I do is when I'm trying to get the kids to behave I count to 3 1... I hope you've started doing as your told 2........ I'm on my way you better have done it 3.... Whop!!!! On more than one occasion I've started counting to 3 when I've asked the dog to go outside or stop trying to scavange food, I've usually got to 2 before I realise the dog's looking at me like I'm a tad loopy.:p

And I agree with you about Al, I'm sure that all the life lessons he spouts in the series he could have learnt from his daughters in an alternate reality, you can just hear Al saying "My eldest daugher Laura...... or was it the middle one Beth....., anyway she was dating this jewish guy and when they have their blah blah ceremony, then they always blah blah afterwards eat and eat blah blah blah" You get my point I'm sure.

LOL... My mom has a tendency to call me by her three sisters' names, and a couple times, even her own. HAHAHA

I don't think Al would be any less libidinous... A guy is a guy is a guy. If he was born with a libido, no amount of being married is gonna squelch it.

Joy

Al may have the libido, but it's going to seem pretty rude if he expresses it by ogling women when he's married to his One True Love. And they could never, ever suggest that he would be unfaithful to Beth.

Maybe they could get away with some of it if they show that Beth doesn't feel threatened by his behavior, but I don't think it could be the same as what we saw in the series.

Snish said:
Al may have the libido, but it's going to seem pretty rude if he expresses it by ogling women when he's married to his One True Love. And they could never, ever suggest that he would be unfaithful to Beth.

Maybe they could get away with some of it if they show that Beth doesn't feel threatened by his behavior, but I don't think it could be the same as what we saw in the series.

On the Virtual Seasons, Al's libido is a little in check... he ogles good looking women and then runs to Beth for satisfaction ::giggles:: He is a little different but not by much. He's still got the eye for the ladies but it's more like he appreciates their beauty with the knowledge that he's got the best looking lady right on his arm.

i dont think Al would change, much....
While he would remain faithful to Beth, he would still have that grin and ‘what id like to do with…..

Well, just cos hes on a diet, he can still look at the menu

I agree. Al wouldn't change that much. There are numerous classic Al moments throughout TVS. I think in an actual movie it would be pretty much like that.

I'm also in agreeance... It's a bit of a generalisation, but ALL men look at the menu, it's just what makes men men. But yeah, he'd never be unfaithful to Beth... he'd probably go running back to her each time he wants to "whet his appetite"...

Meanwhile, since we're on the subject of a different Al... do you think that the guy who played the young Al (Bingo) in ALFL could play older Al if needbe?

Eh... I dunno. I've never really quite thought he looked a lot like Dean.

If we're going for A-listers in the movie and they need a younger version of Dean, I'd go with James Franco. When I watched Flyboys, there were times that I felt like I was watching Dean on-screen.

Joy