Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I think many of us are in a state of shock. We couldn't believe the weekend we had just experienced. I'll talk more about it later.

Laurence, YOU ROCK MORE THAN I DO!!!!

This is quick as I am sick now and going back to bed. The Starlight Foundation was expecting to get about $2500 (twenty-five hundred). We presented Patty with a check for $30,000.
I repeat: $30,000

All of you guys (ughh..I feel so bad), all of you guys are an amazing quality of human being.

Gotta run to the bathroom now. Bye.

Thanks for the prompt response Marc, I really appreciate it.
Hope you feel better soon.
Sending virtual chicken soup and sympathy!

I would like to thank the committee and all of the volunteers for putting on a fantastic show over the weekend. I wasn’t around much, but in putting 14 hours to set up the Control Panel, I saw a lot of passion, hard work, and commitment from a team of folks who made a fantastic show for everyone to enjoy. I'm a HUGE fan too, and I wish I could have spent all three days alongside all of you.

It was a blast to showcase our fanfilm, and I am glad all of you enjoyed it so much. It was great to finally put faces to all the folks on this board, and to share many stories with each of you about our project.

Take a bow Committee, you all deserve it!

Thanks,

Chris Allen
:)

I would like to echo all the previous sentiments: the committee and volunteers did an amazing job. This was my first convention and it went above and beyond all I could have hoped for. I had a terrific time and will cherish all the memories for a long time. I met some new friends - was surprised I didn't meet more (but that's my own shyness). I think the best part was seeing the people from so many different countries and realizing just how much this show affects people and breaks down barriers and boundaries.

The costume party was a lot of fun. I was really impressed by all the number of people that took the time to dress up. Yes, that was me as the Midnight Marauder. ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing all the photos other people have to share. I'm still on a high and don't really want to come back to earth. Sigh.

I am finally home and this is one of the first threads I have been able to look at. Thanks for the thanks! lol It was an amazing weekend - I loved meeting many of you, even though I was running around like crazy! :)

It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun as well. Thanks to all the volunteers, the entire committee who also went above and beyond to make this happen for you. Many were thanking me, but without the others on our committee, this just would not have happened. I was only a little piece of the puzzle!

I'm catching up with my real-life job this week, so will try to get some updates done on the site ASAP!

Thank YOU for coming, for being patient when autograph lines didn't go quite as planned in some spots, and for being so nice and helpful!

The last two years of hard work really made it worth it to put on such a fun weekend for you all. I made several new friends, connected with online ones, and won't forget it.

As for a 25th anniversary convention.... we'll see! :nut

I'd also like to thank Brian for letting me be a part of it and perform my show there one Saturday morning. I'd like to thank the six people that came in early enough to see the show too.

Josh--no, there must have been at least 8! :) But seriously, I was one of them, and I thought you did a great job, especially considering that it must be difficult to face a room of mostly empty chairs and keep your energy up for a performance.

Too bad you couldn't bring the Table of Death illusion though. :D

I will echo the sentiments of all above me. I had a fabulous time, and I add my vote for a 25th anniversary event. If I can do anything to help make this happen, please let me know!

I can't put into words how wonderful this convention was. Maybe I'll come up with words to express my feelings exactly, but I doubt it.

LeapBack 2014, 25th Anniversary of Quantum Leap

Yes, I like the sound of that. :D

PS, I lost 10 pounds at the convention last weekend.

Hey, if anybody wants to go ahead and plan a 25th Anniversary Convention, go for it! I'll attend and volunteer, but I have no desire to run a convention ever again (despite two of our guest stars telling a couple of my Brit friends that we should put on a con in England, and that they'd come - been there, tried that, failed miserably!).

It's wonderful to come here and read that everybody enjoyed the convention - it makes the almost three years of work worth it.

Emma, thanks again for all, and I wanted to ask you if you know the meaning of your name "Fee" in french?
It's "fairy"
fairy.gif

Everything was wonderful and I have memories galore. I would love to hear from QL Damsel we met outside in the court yard. I lost your email address.
Janna please email me I lost your email address. I talked to you after your wonderful moment with Scott.
Thank you.

Sadly, I couldn't be there, but I'd love to know how much was raised.

I hope we are going to get some detailed reports from attendees and committee alike once you are all over your jetlag.

Those of us who missed out want to know every last juicy detail.

Thanks

I sent Brian the following e-mail, but I wanted to post my thanks with all the rest

Brian,

I just wanted to extend my thanks to you and the rest of the committee for giving us an event we are sure to never forget. Your hard work did not go unnoticed and was greatly appreciated. All the fans I spoke with stated that they had a great time and the fact that all the guests were so gracious made it all the more special. Do you know if the panel videos will show up on the web? It would be great to see them again.

Mike (Klingstar 1)

Lisa Jane Persky was a real sweetheart and she said she would love to come to a convention in France. "Start one!". Yeah, well, although I know people who would love to be there, I do not think it would be the most appropriate place. But England would be nice!

*looks towards Emma the little fairy*

hehe

Lisa Jane Persky was a real sweetheart and she said she would love to come to a convention in France. "Start one!". Yeah, well, although I know people who would love to be there, I do not think it would be the most appropriate place. But England would be nice!

*looks towards Emma the little fairy*

hehe

The man with Lisa looked very familiar but I could not place him. I checked and her husband's name is Andy Zax. Who was one a game show called "Beat the Geeks". He was the music expert!!! My memory is crazy sometimes!!!

I really liked Lisa a lot. During her panel she mentioned she is shy. I can be very shy myself. So I thank her for coming told her that about myself. She really responded to that. Interacting with that many strangers can be hard.

On that note I like to thank everyone for making me feel so welcome during the Con.

I'd also like to thank everyone who worked hard to make this event happen, you all did a brilliant job! :bowIt was a real thrill to be there, I enjoyed every minute of it.

I can only echo what others have said. This was an outstanding experience, and my wife and I were so glad we 'took the plunge' and came out to LA from distant (and cold!) Michigan on a sort of last-minute decision. Sincere thanks to all involved in putting The Leap Back together -- excellent by every measure!

With talks of there being a surprise for the fans on Sunday, my guess that it was going to be the family of Dennis Wolfberg who played Gooshie.

Much to my amusement, after the Dennis Wolfberg tribute, Scott came in to sing SOMEWHERE IN THE NIGHT for us.

Yet another, KICK IN THE BUTT!

Having finally managed to drag myself over here and read all the wonderful things you people have to say, I'd like to add my two cents worth.

This convention has been one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I lost a lot of sleep over a lot of things but enjoyed the work.

One thing we really tried very hard to do, was to make this a convention for the fans. Creation have managed to take pretty much all of the joy out of conventions and we wanted to make sure we put a lot back. Quantum Leap has a wonderful set of fantastic fans and that was proved over the con weekend by the amount you all helped to raise for the charity we were supporting. I can't thank you enough for your generosity!!

As for me, I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to anyone I was a little short with in the autograph lines. At times things got just a little stressy as I was seeing row C, with time running out knowing we had still to reach row O. I hope you forgive my attempts at trying to speed things along.

A 25th Anniversary con? Only if I'm surrounded by the same crew. As Helene said, this is not something we do as a day job, but we now know the pitfalls. I could happily come up with a new logo to celebrate 25 years :)

This thread of thanks is starting to sound like the 'Scott Bakula love fest' that all the cast and crew had for him, lol.
After all these posts of thanks, and then echoes of thanks, there isn’t really much else to say apart from adding my own. It was great to meet so many people who love Quantum Leap as much as I do, the great guest panels and fun things like the trivia contest and Marc's auctions and MC’ing (if that’s a word).
A special thanks to my roommates Vered, Herlee, Liz, and Mike!!! and everyone else at the convention for being so welcoming.