A Pair of Quantum Crossovers

X2Magneto

Project QL Intern
Feb 22, 2010
Hello, fellow fans. I'm Mike, a life long fan and full time hack short storyteller. I've been mulling over whether or not to join this site for a while, and thus share my two contributions (I use the term lightly) to QL fan fiction with the who’s who of ‘Projects’ on the net. I hold this site in very high regard. As I find myself writing this thread, and you reading it, it’s quite obvious that I have taken the leap and hereby submit my two (bad) attempts at adding to the mythology that is Sam Beckett’s adventure via crossover. Below, I’ve arranged the pair of stories so that you’ll see a representative poster I created for each of them, followed by a short synopsis and any comments I may have which will no doubt try to dissuade you from reading them. Both are located at fanfiction.net.

Story #1: Belonging to the Night.

frasierql.gif

Synopsis: Sam leaps into Frasier Crane on a mission to keep the renowned psychiatrist's ex wife, Lilith, from self destructing over the loss of their son. However, this proves difficult when he falls in love with her.

Comments: I really enjoyed writing this story, and truthfully haven’t had quite the same feeling on any other project before or since. This particular story, while being a crossover, is an attempt at a traditional ‘episode’ in full early nineties vigor (though the story takes place 2006), that skates vaguely through drama, action, and bits of high romance. Admittedly, it does not keep to the lighthearted tone of the ‘Frasier’ TV show much & while it may feel as though moving fast at times and the serious issue at hand somewhat rushed, I think it’s an effective effort, especially where characterization is concerned.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5159139/1/Belonging_to_the_Night

Story #2: God, Fate, or Time?

gft.gif

Synopsis: With Dr. Beckett righting a wrong in his stead, a displaced and skeptical House begins a differential diagnosis of a different sort in the waiting room, questioning the motivations and existence of the force controlling Project Quantum Leap.

Comments: Conversely, this BttN prequel (leap in/out tie in) is not a traditional leap by any means and spends much more quality time from Gregory House’s perception than it does our boys, Sam and Al. Truthfully, after rereading it myself, I find they are more second string to House, as he tries in vain to understand the forces behind the project. And while we broche the subject of truth, I must confess to mixed feelings about this one. At times I feel the story itself lacks some of the satisfying mechanics we need from either a Quantum Leap or House M.D. storyline. However, this was much more a cerebral piece, and is more cerebrally driven, rather than story driven. But, even then, it may not satisfy every expectation. I still think it’s worth a read.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5564123/1/God_Fate_or_Time