This week on Quantum Leap (TVS)...

D

Dman176

(*NOTE: I, SithLord176, am temporarily allowing my former identity, Damon, to post his update on the Virtual Seasons Reading List. Seeing as how the Dark Side plays an important role in these final stories, I deem it worthy to be mentioned...) :evil

FINAL ?PROJECT LIBERTY? LIST:

Eps. 724 ?Fallen Hero, Part I? by A.J. Burfield, M.J. Cogburn & Katherine Freymuth
Eps. 724 ?Fallen Hero, Part II? by A.J. Burfield, M.J. Cogburn & Katherine Freymuth
Eps. 819 ?Brotherhood, Part I? by A.J. Burfield
Eps. 820 ?Brotherhood, Part II? by A.J. Burfield
Eps. 832 ?Leap From Hell, Part I? by A.J. Burfield, M.J. Cogburn & Katherine Freymuth
Eps. 901 ?Leap From Hell, Part II? by A.J. Burfield, M.J. Cogburn & Katherine Freymuth
Eps. 902 ?Leap From Hell, Part III? by A.J. Burfield, M.J. Cogburn & Katherine Freymuth
Eps. 1019 ?Guinea Pig? by Greg Carey
Eps. 1020 ?Guinea Pig II? by Greg Carey
Eps. 1030 ?Touch ?Em All? by Greg Carey
Eps. 1101 ?Present's Convergence? by Damon C. Sugameli

Those episodes feature characters and/or situations that inspired and/or pertain to the ?Project Liberty? arc (modeled after the Xindi story arc from Star Trek: Enterprise):
Eps. 1106 ?True Callings, Part I: The Fellowship of the Leapees? by Greg Carey
Eps. 1107 ?True Callings, Part II: The Two Sams? by Greg Carey (with Damon C. Sugameli)
Eps. 1108 ?True Callings, Part III: The Return of the Hero? by Greg Carey (with Damon C. Sugameli)
Eps. 1114 ?The Enemy? by Greg Carey
Eps. 1117 ?Eternal Shadows: The Dawning? by M.J. Cogburn
Eps. 1118 ?Eternal Shadows: The Emergence? by M.J. Cogburn
Eps. 1119 ?Eternal Shadows: The Supremacy? by M.J. Cogburn
Eps. 1120 ?Eternal Shadows: The Enchantment? by M.J. Cogburn
Eps. 1128 ?Quantum Evolution? by Greg Carey
Eps. 1129 ?Quantum Departure? by Greg Carey (with dialogue by Donald P. Bellisario)
Eps. 1130 ?Give Me Liberty? by M.J. Cogburn & Damon C. Sugameli (with dialogue by Greg Carey)
Eps. 1131 ?Give Me Death? by M.J. Cogburn & Damon C. Sugameli (with dialogue by Greg Carey) (AIRING NOW!)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~​

This link should bring you right up to speed with all of the most important post-Mirror Image developments that have taken place in the QL universe for the past five virtual seasons:

www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/virtualseasons/main/thusfar.html

The penultimate chapter of the "Project Liberty" arc airs this week with Part 1 of a 2-part episode, entitled, "Give Me Liberty," written by M.J. Cogburn & Damon C. Sugameli (with dialogue by Greg Carey).

January 14, 2002 ? May 8, 2006
Beijing, China / Unknown / Hope Springs, VA

The final chapter begins as Sam and Al must work together on two ends of the timeline to prevent the tragic events that have plagued the world. And how does Project Liberty fit into the equation?

Picking up where ?Quantum Departure? left off, Al is returned to his own time with knowledge of what is to come. Meanwhile, Sam has leaped back to a strangely familiar place and meets a strangely familiar person, but can?t quite place how it all connects with the Hope Springs Disaster. To make matters worse, Sam?s mind begins merging with his host?s once again, as he continuously finds himself leaping forward in time, losing more and more control with each successive leap. The revelations of who is responsible for this great disaster will have both Sam and Al reeling!

"Guest Starring" David Newsom as Captain Tom Beckett (until someone suggests otherwise)
????? ??????? as Lexia Stafford (the actress's name shall be filled in next week so as not to give anything away)
and Heather Stewart-Whyte (Google her name and you might find some nice pictures? I?m not saying who she plays though, unless MJ wants me to) ;)

This episode also begins with a summarized 10-episode recap, entitled "Project Liberty Reprise" for those who haven?t read every story, or if you need a quick refresher course on what?s been going on. This is what it?s all been leading up to, ladies and gents!

And next week... the final chapter!!!

*And now, SithLord176 returns to re-embrace the Dark Side... :evil

I'm not the SithLord, in fact, I'd probably be more in line with the "pixie dust" side of "The Force" :lol but I do believe that list is a list of episodes that are referenced in the two parter, and the ones that are still TOP SECRET must refer to the second part which hasn't aired yet.

I could be wrong, but that's my guess. :)

The power of the Dark Side has been trying to hold us back, but we have conquered it and the site shall indeed be updated tonight (May 19th)... wait... uhm... I don't want to vanquish the Dark Side... or do I? Oh boy, after reading the conclusion, you might understand wherein the confusion lies...

All of the secrets shall be revealed tonight, my minions... :evil

SPOILER ALERT!!! (Do not read any further if you want to remain surprised! You have been warned!!!)

The grand finale of the "Project Liberty" arc airs this week with Part 2 of a 2-part episode, entitled, "Give Me Death," written by M.J. Cogburn & Damon C. Sugameli (with dialogue by Greg Carey).

May 8, 2006
Hope Springs, VA

The horrifying truth is at last revealed as Sam faces not a single, not a double? but a triple threat of evil that threatens to engulf the entire world. Who will live? and who will die?

As Al receives help from an old friend in the present, Sam continues to find himself losing more and more control in the past as the truth finally stands revealed. Three villains from seasons past and present have returned to wreak havoc on the lives of our heroes (as revealed last week). Can Al and his brother Tom get through to Sam to make him see the light, or will the darkness within his soul consume him forever? Will everyone survive this final battle between good and evil? And perhaps, one of the more popular questions: will we finally find out General Hawkins' first name? Perhaps... perhaps not; you'll just have to read it to find out! :p

It's all been leading up to this! A story that spans three generations of Quantum Leap and was six years in the making! (Well, not really six years in the making, but it DOES connect six years' worth of stories together in a way that NO ONE would EVER be able to duplicate! Trust me on that one!) Featuring what is very likely the most comprehensive timeline of events that you will ever see for The Virtual Seasons as we take the readers on a "virtual tour" of every major event that has led up to this point, from one timeline to the next. The first of two season finales airs this week! And... for those of you who have been following this season, watch for a special surprise at the end that will bring the arc full-circle!) ;)

"Guest Starring" David Newsom as Captain Tom Beckett (until someone suggests otherwise)
Michael T. Weiss as Lothos / Nathaniel Lothoman
Kathy Ireland as Tala / Lexia Stafford
Orlando Bloom as Adam / Nate Adams
Heather Stewart-Whyte as Ziggy and Omega
Special Appearance by Donald Sutherland as General Thomas Collins
and David Ogden Stiers as General Hawkins

This episode also begins with a summarized 11-episode recap, entitled "Project Liberty Reprise" for those who haven?t read every story, or if you need a quick refresher course on what?s been going on. From Greg Carey, MJ Cogburn, and myself, we hope you have enjoyed this story arc. It was fun for us to write, albeit stressful at times, but we aimed to do something different than anything that has been seen on QL before, and likely anything that will be seen in the future. How are we going to top this? THAT is a question for another time... :evil

And next week... the season finale, "Leap For the Future"!!!

*And now, SithLord176 returns to re-embrace the Dark Side... :evil

Orlando, eh? Interesting choice....and niiiiiice. ;) May have to re-read and picture the elf in the role....

I enjoyed the reference and incorporation of the Starbright Project in this....you summed up "Chiefest of Sinners" as it related very well, Damon and MJ! :) I got a big grin at being "included."

This is the picture that I used as a basis for his character, Jennie:

TVS_Adam.jpg

Has a somewhat sinister look about him in that picture, I thought. He also kind of looks like he could be Alia's son there. Helen suggested Orlando, and MJ seemed to agree with the choice, so I guess he stays in the role. Although after this story, it is sort of moot now... :evil

Oh, yes, he does quite!!!

Well, that makes a LotR-associated trifecta....Elijah as Stephen, Orlando as Adam, and I cast Billy as Perry in my SBP ep. :lol Even funnier....I'll be seeing Elijah and Billy IN Orlando in August. :lol

Okay....I'll stop amusing myself now. <g>

I still have/want to read all the episodes leading up to the season finale and I'm at the beginning of Leap Frog(Part 2) right now and man oh man that is kind of a preparation for what's to come for Dr. Beckett and not to mention everyone at the project(Quantum Leap, that is). BTW, Eliece, I've reviewed Part 1 @ the TVS board. Great job! :)

Steve
RossBeckett
(Recently assimilated by the Borg)

P.S. Resistance is futile!

Airing this week is the 11th season finale entitled, "Leap for the Future," written by first-time VS writer, Lisa Rock:

Ziggy is shut down for approximately five hours for replacement components to be installed. During this time period, Sam leaps into what seems to be himself and visits a young woman who seems to know a lot more than she?s willing to admit? including who and, more precisely, what he is. Before Ziggy is brought back online, however, Sam leaps again? home. Is there a job to do, or is he home for good?

In a story reminscent of the "surreal" nature of "Mirror Image," Sam finds respite within a "haven" of sorts before he earns his reward for a job well-done. As the summary says, is Sam home for good, or is he there to put right something that is about to go wrong? After having read this episode myself, I can honestly say that this was worthy to be a season finale, and is a wonderful "break" from the chaotic pace of this season's story arc before the new season begins in September. After all, if all goes according to plan, all new kinds of chaos will run amok next season.

SPOILERS AHEAD (READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION)...

If anyone remembers correctly, I mentioned two continuing story arcs a while back: one was the General Hawkins storyline which has since become known as the "Project Liberty" arc; the second was my own "Rogue Leaper" arc which began quite some time ago, and has continued intermittently this past season, but never with any real further story development. Well, hopefully, that will all soon change. As regular readers have now discovered upon reading the arc conclusion, several interesting developments have occurred in recent weeks that will affect some stories next year: Tom Beckett is now a Rear Admiral (same rank as Al) and will be the new Presidential Liaison for PQL; Sammy Jo Fuller will now officially be called Sammy Jo Fulton and will not be as active due to the birth of her daughter, Isabella; a possible reason for the various timeline inconsistencies has been revealed; and, of course, there's the new name that was mentioned by the Bartender last week in "Give Me Death": Logan. Who is he/she and how will this person affect Quantum Leap? Is he/she connected to Dr. Maxwell Connors? That... is a mystery that will be revealed early next season... assuming nothing goes wrong in real life that will prevent me and my co-writers from writing it. (Yes, I said co-writers... my concept is way too huge to write all by my lonesome; besides which, I want to bring a few other writers in on this idea so that no one will feel left out.) ;)

Anyway, I'd like to take this time to commend MJ and Greg on a wonderful storyline, which in my opinion, turned out to be quite a memorable one. I was honored to take an active part in its conclusion, and I'm glad that I was able to finally co-write something with one of my best friends in the world, Ms. Mar-Jayne Cogburn. We made a great team, even if we got at each other's throats a couple of times, but it was all worthwhile in the end! :)

Hopefully, within the next few weeks, I'll have the season finale for The Starbright Project finished, entitled, "Conceptions," which will act as a prequel to the entire "Rogue Leaper" arc and give a lot more insight into my character, Max Connors. For anyone who wants a little "sneak peek" at what's next after that in The Virtual Seasons (in the "Rogue Leaper" arc, that is), here's the working title:

"Killin' More Time"

Think on that this summer... ;)

SithLord176 (who is beginning to be pulled back into the light by Damon against his will...)

Anyway, I'd like to take this time to commend MJ and Greg on a wonderful storyline, which in my opinion, turned out to be quite a memorable one. I was honored to take an active part in its conclusion, and I'm glad that I was able to finally co-write something with one of my best friends in the world, Ms. Mar-Jayne Cogburn. We made a great team, even if we got at each other's throats a couple of times, but it was all worthwhile in the end!

Well, how we wrote the conclusion to that story arc isn't normally how I like to co-write Damon... usually it's more of a take turn throughout the whole thing and not taking "Parts" as we did... which was a nice change.

*wipes at throat one last time* You still didn't draw blood from the last time. You're slacking off, Damon. The next time that we decide to write something together... *G* I might draw some.

Seriously though, this story arc was the most interesting because SOMEHOW in that mix-master of a brain that Damon has... he was able to take all three storylines (Starbright, The Virtual Seasons and Quantum Retribution) and tie them all in together making them all interchangeable. That I might have been able to do at SOME point... but not as fast as he did. I just knew that I wanted my evil one back.... and I got him back. I'm ... ahem... embracing my dark side. *G*

It's just amazing how things just... "fit".

Knowing that I'm in amongst the writers for next season and the way that a storyarc for next season (ahem) has been set before me... opens up new options. It may be a LONG bumpy ride... but it's going to be a good one.

Damon, Greg, it's been an honor working with both of you in this storyarc. :) And thank you to all of the writers of The Virtual Seasons for giving us something to continue to tie into the storyarc. The Virtual Seasons - is about Quantum Leap - but without the writers... it wouldn't be anything without them.

Thank you.

MJ

On behalf of all the ppl who wrote for the VS(not me, not yet that is), you're welcome MJ. :)

I highly suggest an extra special episode to be placed in the 300th slot(actually that's including the TV series' 97 eps). I'm looking forward to the upcoming season and all its exciting possibilities and maybe the honorable Doug Laird will have another celebrity leap for us. :) First Tom Selleck, then Bob Hope, and God knows who else. :lol

To 32 more episodes(and on from there...) :cheers

Steve
RossBeckett
Borg Drone

Resistance is futile! V