1322 I'm Too Sexy II

What do you rate this episode?

• 5 -- This is an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 -- This episode was great! I'm going to be telling others about it!

• 3 -- This episode was good. It was worth reading.

• 2 -- This episode was like the neutral zone. I am indifferent.

• 1 -- Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
I’m Too Sexy II

9/15/2006 to 9/18/2006
New York City , Zihuatanejo / Ixtapa , Mexico

Sam never likes leaping into a woman at the best of times. But when basketball shoe glue is involved, you know it’s not gonna be a fun leap. At least not for Sam.

Written by: Katherine Freymuth and Helen Gerhard

Thanks for reading,
The Quantum Leap Team

Last edited:
Our rating system this season consists of a possible of 10 raters ! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode. Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 8.0

The first six raters are the ones that will appear on the site here. Please be aware that some reviews may contain spoilers! Some of the comments given were:

Vince Beckett:

Pretty good conclusion to this story. Quint an interesting scene between Tom and Al.

RATING: 9.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker:

The writing, pacing and storytelling in this episode were of the quality I’ve come to expect from these authors. However, I was very troubled by one aspect of the story in particular. Specifically, the “gloves off, in your face, get out of my territory” …dare I even say hatred driven… confrontation that occurred between Al and Tom Beckett at the end of the episode.

I understand that Al Calavicci and Tom Beckett are both strong-willed characters, each devoted in his own way and for his own reasons, to being there for Sam. However, for me Tom Becket came off as almost jealously possessive of Sam, behaving more than once like an abrasive, overbearing bully, not that Al couldn’t handle any of that. However, when you add to that Tom’s snide, thinly-veiled innuendos about Al’s loyalty while in the POW camps of Vietnam, and finally Al’s own silent furious thought that perhaps one day Tom would “…wind up dead at my feet!"...and it succeeded in taking away the majority of my enjoyment of this episode.

To put it in a nutshell, if I had to sum up this episode in a single word, that word would be ‘disturbing’. It is on that single-word summation alone that I rate this episode.

RATING: 7.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Gooshie:

Overall, this was a pretty good episode. I had a few issues with Sam's reaction to Beth being in a car accident -- he seemed more concerned about being in Karina's life and simply dismissed Al from the Imaging Chamber. That didn't seem very in character to me.

Convincing Candice to enter rehab seemed too easy a task and I was expecting a more involved situation. I don't think an addict would simply turn over like Candice did.

The fight between Al and Tom was so heated that I swear my monitor was about to melt! I'm not sure where Tom got his information, but I expect it will play into a future episode.

Nice conclusion to the story.

RATING: 8.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Zanadu:

I'm with Seeker on this one. Tom and Al are acting so unprofessional and disrespectful that I don't know if I know them anymore. That's the main part that I'm down on. The rest of the story is well written and the leap itself was enjoyable.

RATING: 7.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rater No. 5

RATING:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rater No. 6

RATING:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited: