((stepping AWAY from the Q.L. Accelerator!))

mstalanon

Project QL Intern
Apr 30, 2002
Independence, MO
Sorry about the vanishing bit...

I've been terribly busy as of late... that and a computer that has had a horrid virus problem. STILL don't have it up and working right. And at work, I'm not given a large amount of freedom to go into "non-work-related" sites.

But I had to drop a note to you guys, to say how much I missed you! Will try to catch up later!

Hugs!

Matt

You know, I was just talking with MJ last night about how I noticed you haven't been around lately. I was getting a little concerned; I was going to e-mail you and ask how you were doing.

I'm relieved to hear you're doing okay, Matt! :)

LOL, we all must be telepathic and your ears must've been really burning this week, cos I've been chatting about you with Helen. Sorry about you computer, I know all about those darned peski things, had a few myself. Glad to know you're still alive and kicking :hurray Welcome back.

Yeah, Welcome back Matt Dude!

Strange thing too, can't help but think of you every Friday night when we watch American Idol and the Matt is on that.
Well, he is a big guy with a beard!
Good to hear from you buddy.

Here's a little of what's been going on.

I've been working my normal shift, but having occasional days of OT here and there.

BUT Carol's been working at school like a fiend, so I've been helping take care of the kids.

My Son's doing his "Growing Up Thang", and every now and then he comes over with his own needs.

My brother's broken up with HIS lady, and now she's gone completely psycho. He had to put a restraining order on her, and thank God, she moved across the river into another state (Washington).

Carol's older brother wigged out as well, beat the crud outta his wife of 15 years. Carol's rescued her, and now she's living with some friends.

My PC CONTINUES to be a hassle. I just haven't had time to finish the windows install to bring it up to Win2K... I tried once, but the motherboard drivers completely smegged it up! LOL! I was sooo mad! LOL!

Had a robber come into the bar I work Karaoke at... LOL the stupid guy didn't case the place out. There are several bikers that hang out there, as well as Joe, who's an ex cop WITH a gun permit. The guy jumped in, not more than five feet away from me, and pointed the gun at me. I thought it was a joke at first. Then when he swung away with it, I jumped over, tied up his hands, broke his arm at the elbow joint over my shoulder, tossed him onto the room while stripping the gun out of his grasp, and stomped on his head...
all just as the bikers and the owner brought THEIR weapons out! LOL! The cops that investigated it said it was one of the stupidest robberies they ever saw! LOL!

THEN the owner of the bar presented me with an offer for me to buy them out... something I've wanted to do for a while, which is combine my former restaurant experiences, Bar management experiences, and now my entertainment experience... since I own the entertainment, it's a "payable" expense that is easily adopted.

And then NEXT week... LOL!

AUUUGGGHHHH!!!

Ok... remind me never to biotch an moan about being a teacher anymore..... until something like that happens... okay?

Good grief Matt!

God's watching ya buddy!

The world is insane... we have to be the sane ones.

MJ

((sneakin' in while Boss isn't lookin'!))

The good times don't stop rollin'! LOL!

Well, I checked out the bar's profit and Loss statements, and ran thru their inventory. Unfortunately, they got caught with a money pit, and are trying to sell their loss onto me. I gave them a much reduced counteroffer, and it really pi$$ed 'em off! Argueing went on for some time, and we've agreed to disagree on the sale. I doubt they'll come anywhere near what I would buy it for. They don't want to take as much of a loss as they would do. **sigh** it's just not worth it!

For the money they want, I could start a whole new place. The only advantage here is being my own boss, and having an "assumable" loan, so I could get into it relatively easy.

Well, I'm not destitute, so I'm NOT taking their initial offer... will keep y'all appraised.

The robber has now filed a civil lawsuit (backed by NAACP no less!!) against the bar, and myself. I laughed in the face of the server of the summons... and even my lawyer is cracking up. Basically, the man's ability to work has been severely hampered by me (I completely destroyed his elbow. Even the doctors aren't too optomistic about an artificial one.)... in essence, I've violated his civil rights.

Ahhhh, the peace and tranquility of self defense!

And if that doesn't work, I'll have my friend get in touch with a friend who will get in touch with a friend who knows people that'll take care of business, if ya know what I mean... ;)

Fuhgeddaboudit!!

LOL@Brian and Damon!

Well, the judge looked at the order, and told the lawyer that he ever even stepped foot in the courthouse again, he would immediately bring them up on charges, and a disbarr review panel! It was painfully obvious that this man has had a career time of breaking the law, so he's not even going to TRY to be redeemable. I was called into the courtroom (via the summons) and the judge called me "an outstanding member of society, a loving father and friend to many, and a person he would feel doubly comfortable in going to go see for entertainment AND security!" LOL! Then he asked me where my karaoke club was! When I told him it wasn't mine, he said it should be! LOL!

I met with him after the judgement, and he said he wished more people would stand up for their own civil rights. The cops that were there and arrested the man all testified to not only their own personal feelings about me, but they also quoted 'regulars' that were present.

I walked out of there with a bit of a swelled ego! LOL! I told the judge thanks, and gave him my website address! heheheh

The owners of the bar are reconsidering a small reduction of my offer, especially considering that I can't run the type of bar I need to to seriously make money there... there's a firecode restriction to bringing in larger 'fryers' and a bigger 'grill'... in addition to that, they have kept themselves off payroll, so the revised figures are showing the bar operating at a loss!!

((and so the stomach turns...))

Matt, I'm glad that the judge had the good sense to ensure the criminal didn't win that REDICULOUS claim!! We're your cheering section! <LOL>

Too often stupid criminals use their own stupidity and manipulate the people they originally attack, doubling the pain for the poor innocents... like that guy who broke into an old woman's home, hurt himself, and when he was caught, sued the woman, and won. >:

Anyway... dunno if that's true or urban rumour. haha... but yeah, glad things came out well for ya there bud!

... Mike. ^_^