A-HA! So THAT'S why!

D

Dman176

Interesting... I just posted a question about the Sliders DVDs on the Sci-Fi board and someone directed me to a FAQ link, and it mentions why Universal skimped out on the DVD extras:
Unfortunately, Universal has recently been cutting back on DVD features. Quantum Leap writer Deborah Pratt tried to get everything from network ads to blooper reels onto the DVDs, but that set's extras have been downgraded to some interviews and "cool holographic packaging." Similarly, the planned actor commentary for the Buck Rogers DVDs was cancelled by Universal for reasons unknown.
Perhaps it was premature to praise Universal for the DVDs after all. I mean, I'm still happy with the DVDs, but this piece of information is a tiny bit disturbing. Frelling cheap bastiches...:realmad

Well, pooh on them. Maybe Deborah can convince them to add extras on future editions. ::insert pixie dust here::

Yep! For any interested in reading the complete FAQ Dman refers to, head on over to the link below:

www.slidersweb.net/blinker/about/faq.htm

It's a shame Universal isn't supporting these sets with more extra features; the material is certainly available. The Sliders set has managed to squeeze out one thing QL unfortunately didn't get, though - a running commentary on the pilot movie by the creators.

In any case, let's hope Universal can apply a bit more effort to the further releases on QL and Sliders. If Amazon.com is any indication, then sales should warrant it for both.

Welcome to the group TF - love your avatar!

Pull up a chair, have yourself a Rodbeer.

To spare Greg's plugosity - do you write fanfic?

Hope you'll have a blast here - I know I do.

Welcome aboard :wavey

And thanks for the full link.

Methinks maybe a letter-writing inundation is in order to get some extras restored......who's up for it?

I was wondering the same thing about the extras, thanks for shining some light on the situation, although, I enjoy the extras that are there because they help explain the show to me since I was a bit young to remember its original run! Hopefully season two will be better, I'd love to see running commentary on some of the episodes! And, I know it's a bit premature, but since they didn't do that for the pilot as Tf mentioned, maybe we can hope for one on the season finale of season five?!?!?!:D One can only hope!

Cha~Cha