2006: Leap Year

Samantha Beckett

Project QL Intern
Oct 31, 2005
Vestavia, Alabama
2006: The FAKE Leap Year

I just realized last night that 2006 is a leap year! We should do something to celebrate! I have two ideas we could do:
*A mass listen-a-long with anyone who has the QL soundtrack--we decide a time that we all press play at the same time so we all are listening to the same songs at the same time.
*A mass episode watching- we pick a time and an episode and we watch it at the same time.

I think it'd be cool to do something QLish for Leap Day! Anyone with me or have other ideas??

Samantha Beckett

Edit: Yeah, yeah, i know...i'm wrong. It's now the FAKE Leap Year because it's planned on the 28th instead, LOL

Last edited:
Yes, it would HAVE to be done in the chat room! We would watch several eps from all three DVDs, and have a good ole time. I'll talk to Brian and see what he thinks about it.

Samantha Beckett

Sorry to disillusion you guys, but 2006 is NOT a Leap Year.

2004 was a Leap Year, the next one is 2008.

Remember the Millenium was a Leap Year, because although it normally skips when the Year ends 00, the 000 is an exception to the exception!!

Clear as mud, eh? :nut

Doesn't mean we can't all do something QLish at the end of Feb if we feel like it, though. :hurray:

For confirmation go to:

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/leapyear.html

*happiness balloon explodes*

That sucks...dang. Well, yeah...we'll do it Feb 28th then, and just pretend its Leap Day. I'm just going to be off, beating my head against a door...

Samantha Beckett

Brian gave the okay to having it on the 28th, so if I get enough affirmations i'll get to planning it--with some probable recruitments for help. All the details will be hashed out after that point. College, work, time zones will all be put in account. So y'all let me know if y'all want to get involved.

Samantha Beckett

Depends on how my Mardi Gras plans turn out. I probably won't be hitting the parades that day, but I usually never know til the last minute.

Yeah, I realized that the 28th was a Tuesday which would be a wrench in the system.

I have heard from a few ppl who are interesting--both completely no matter what, and interesting depending on their schedule. So, here's an idea for the masses:

We move the day to either a Friday or saturday afternoon or take a poll on what day would be best for the general masses (since the poll topic category was taken out, that makes things fun, hehe)

I'm hoping to pull it off by the end of this month. I understand about the Mardi Gras thing for Jennie, and work is an issue for others (hopefully me included by that time), but thats where the weekend scenario comes in.

I'd like to get feedback from as many ppl as possible to determine whether I should continue this plan. Put it here, email me (its in my profile), or PM me and let me know.

Samantha Beckett

Last edited: