I Have Leaped

=SHOW=

Project QL Intern
Oct 4, 2010
Kentucky
I finished watching all the seasons. I just watched the last episode and I wish it was not the end. Very sad ending to the show.

i wish in the end of the show they said DR BECKETT CONTINUED TO LEAP AND HE DIDNT RETURNED HOME AND NOT DR BECKETT NEVER RETURNED HOME its like he lost in time becouse he changed history he saved als marryage but al dissapeared from the ql project
i know there have been several posts about the ql finale but still the end was a no happy ending but still very comfusing but then again they wanted to go for a s6 that never happened so you cannot blame the writers completely before you start attacking me lol

I always read it as "Dr. Beckett never stopped leaping." Not that he didn't return home at times for a break.

I always read it as "Dr. Beckett never stopped leaping." Not that he didn't return home at times for a break.

That's partially how I interpreted the finale. I believe it was hinted at during the run of the episode that there was a lot more good for Sam to do, so my understanding was that he continued to leap and put things right for people without ever returning home.

I too found the ending a bit sad because if anybody deserved to really be and feel at home somewhere, that was Sam. He'd done so much good and he was such a genuinely good person. People like that deserve the best. But I also think that the finale comes as a validation of who Sam is and of his purpose. He basically sacrifices himself, his own life, for the greater good without expecting anything in return. And the fact that he continued to leap and carry out his mission proves that very point: his selflessness. When I watched the finale I was at first inclined to say, well, doesn't he deserve a reward for his effort? He's helped so many people. Why can't he finally go home and enjoy the same comfort that he made possible for others? Then I began to think that maybe that's the whole point.

What do you guys think?