Bonus Features missing on Season 2 DVD?

Samantha Beckett

Project QL Intern
Oct 31, 2005
Vestavia, Alabama
Hey y'all. Okay, here's the deal. I'm watching Season 2 on DVD. It says clearly in black and white (er, purple cuz of the box) that on the end of the third disk after "MIA" is bonus features. Yet...there ain't any. Explainations? Is Universal screwing with the impressionable and desperate minds of the QL fans again? Also, if I just missed something, like where they are, please let me know.

Samantha Beckett

Thanks SamBeckettFan.

*whimpers* But...but...why put it on the box? I'm a person who gets so mentally confused and messed up when stuff like this happens. Who had that idea for an April Fool's joke? That's just....gah!!:banghead:banghead:banghead

Samantha Beckett

SamBeckettfann said:
yeah and right now i am greateful to have this one:hair

Haha, you and I are playing with that one on another thread I believe.

Just out of curiosity, I was checking my PS2 (which is doubling for my DVD player since Alia/Lothos/Hal or whoever killed mine) and I was able to set mine to region 2. Couldn't I, in theory, buy the region 2 dvds, and watch them on my PS2 with the region 2 setting?

Samantha Beckett

Samantha_Beckett said:
Haha, you and I are playing with that one on another thread I believe.

Just out of curiosity, I was checking my PS2 (which is doubling for my DVD player since Alia/Lothos/Hal or whoever killed mine) and I was able to set mine to region 2. Couldn't I, in theory, buy the region 2 dvds, and watch them on my PS2 with the region 2 setting?

Samantha Beckett

Hey, may I ask how you were able to do this? I rely on a PlayStation 2 as my DVD player as well and wanted to convert the regions on it. I know only the earlier versions of the PS2 are hackable, though. My version's serial number is SCPH 30001 R. Any chance yours is the same version? The serial number is on the back of the machine.

QL Nut said:
Hey, may I ask how you were able to do this? I rely on a PlayStation 2 as my DVD player as well and wanted to convert the regions on it. I know only the earlier versions of the PS2 are hackable, though. My version's serial number is SCPH 30001 R. Any chance yours is the same version? The serial number is on the back of the machine.

My machine is actually in a position where I can't see the serial number yet, but i will pass that along when I get a chance. Here's how I did it. You know when the movie is playing, you can hit the "O" button to stop it, and it goes to that black screen with all the little blue characters toward the upper right corner? Use the controller and move your "cursor" (it just makes the icon get a brighter blue) to the icon just above the pause icon. It kind of looks like a tackle box and it will say "setup". Press the "X" button. Move over to the third icon from the left. It will allow you to change the region. You will have to put in your 4-dgit passcode, but you will then be able to change what region you are in. Hope that helps!

Samantha Beckett

A forum I used to be on several years ago would blame everything from website problems to not having the episodes air on TV on Hal, the computer from 2001: A Space Odessey. I haven't been on that site in a little over 5 years, but i still blame Hal on everything.

So, do you think region 2 dvds would work on my PS2 if i have it setup like that?

Samantha Beckett

Samantha_Beckett said:
My machine is actually in a position where I can't see the serial number yet, but i will pass that along when I get a chance. Here's how I did it. You know when the movie is playing, you can hit the "O" button to stop it, and it goes to that black screen with all the little blue characters toward the upper right corner? Use the controller and move your "cursor" (it just makes the icon get a brighter blue) to the icon just above the pause icon. It kind of looks like a tackle box and it will say "setup". Press the "X" button. Move over to the third icon from the left. It will allow you to change the region. You will have to put in your 4-dgit passcode, but you will then be able to change what region you are in. Hope that helps!

Samantha Beckett

Thanks! Only thing is, if your PlayStation has a different serial number than mine, I won't be able to do this.

QL Nut said:
Thanks! Only thing is, if your PlayStation has a different serial number than mine, I won't be able to do this.

Unfortunately, I just checked my serial number and they do not match. Sorry! Mine says the machine is NTSC but it will let my change regions...i'm all confused. Sorry to disappoint :\

Samantha Beckett

Samantha_Beckett said:
Unfortunately, I just checked my serial number and they do not match. Sorry! Mine says the machine is NTSC but it will let my change regions...i'm all confused. Sorry to disappoint :\

Samantha Beckett

That's OK, I figured that was the case anyway. As Al's Cigar pointed out in another thread, it's not only a matter of switching the regions on the DVD player, but also converting PAL format (Region 2) to NTSC format (Region 1). It doesn't look like there's really a way around buying a new DVD player. I'm pretty sure that my version requires a special chip to be installed, but I think it's more wise to get a multi-region player from Best Buy. Out of curiosity, what was your serial number?

QL Nut said:
That's OK, I figured that was the case anyway. As Al's Cigar pointed out in another thread, it's not only a matter of switching the regions on the DVD player, but also converting PAL format (Region 2) to NTSC format (Region 1). It doesn't look like there's really a way around buying a new DVD player. I'm pretty sure that my version requires a special chip to be installed, but I think it's more wise to get a multi-region player from Best Buy. Out of curiosity, what was your serial number?

It's an AU7141672. There had to be PS2s made specifically for the UK, right? The DVD player feature of the PS2 would have to accomidate the people who would be buying it. I could get a UK PS2...well, that still doesnt help the whole "keep from buying another player" situation.

Samantha Beckett