A death in my family...

D

Dman176

I was going to leave a comment about this in Mike's post, seeing as the 2 incidents are similar, but I didn't want to take away from his pain right now...

I just found out that my Uncle, Joseph Contrino, passed away this morning. He's been battling a rare blood disease for a few years now... I'm not sure exactly what the name of his condition was, but it was some type of immune deficiency that required constant blood transfusions (when I find out more, I'll probably edit this post accordingly). Whenever I've seen him on family outings over the past couple of years, he's never been able to stay for very long, either because of exhaustion or to avoid getting sick. A little like AIDS, I suppose, but that's not what he had. I believe it was a natural condition he developed.

Well, anyway, my family had informed me either yesterday or the day before that he was now very likely dying, so this is a bit of a shock that it happened so suddenly. I expected he'd have a few more days, or weeks, at least, and I had been kind of hoping to get to say my formal goodbyes to him during that time. He had actually seemed fairly well the weekend after Christmas, which was the last I saw him. I just pray that my Aunt Judy and my cousins were able to properly spend his final moments together in the hospital. I can't help but think of Mike's friend and the pain he and his friend's family must be going through as well.

So, I ask for everyone to say an additional prayer for Joseph Contrino and his immediate family as well: his wife, Judy, and their four children, Joey, Patty, John and James. He was one of the most honest, gentle, caring and kindest men I've ever had the pleasure of knowing in life, and God was a constant driving force in the lives of he and his family. May he rest in peace...

Wow Damon, I'm really sorry to hear that. I've lost a couple people close to me this past year, and it's always hard, especially when it is family like that. Just know that we'll all be here for you if you need us to provide whatever comfort we can. In the meantime, your Uncle and his family (you included) will be in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless, Dman, and take care.

-Biridox

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle Damon. :(

Here's wishing you and your family the best during these hard times - everyone will be in my thoughts. You know where to come if you need anything.

Keep strength,
~gelfling

Oh, Damon, I really feel for you, I really do. Please rest assured that everyone will be in my prayers.

I think the terminology you're looking for is TIDS (Total Immune Deficiency Syndrome) at least that's what they call it over here.

My love to you as always...

Oh, Damon,

So sorry to hear of your loss, my heart goes out to you and yours.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

grouphug.gif

hey man, sorry to hear that. I'm with ya buddy, in spirit.

A co-worker just lost his sister... and his family is very close. I'm trying to be his brother right about now.