Control Panel

Kirok

Project QL Intern
As much as I love the show and considering how much I loved making our fanfilm, I was even happier seeing FedEx drive away with my Control Panel wrapped up and headed to Burbank for the show. But like I said, I love it all, but man... that thing is freakin' huge and a LOT of work. I spent the better part of last week packing this beast up on a skid, and it was really tough considering I had a six month old tagging along too.

Originally, I thought I had to cut the table top to the Control Panel to ship out, but my mother in law who owns her own sign shop had a 4x8 wood skid, big enough to place the table top on the skid... you all will see what I'm talking about when you see it.

I had the chance to do a lot of finishing work to it that I didn't have the chance to do so back in September when we shot it. This time, I was able to provide much needed support beams (to prevent bowing), re-wire the lights that BLINK (woo-hoo!), and a lot of other little stuff that the average eye won't notice, but makes me happier about its structure and stability.

I'm guessing that this is a 90-95% accurate replica, but of course, I have no blueprints or plans to base that guess off of. Upon watching a higher quality version of 'The Leap Back', I noticed that the original Control Panel used egg-crate style acrylic, and the base of the unit has a slightly different color pattern scheme.

And remember (shameless self plug), this Control Panel can be YOURS at the charity auction benefiting the Starlight Foundation! I have to state that this is a non-working Control Panel though... meaning you can't contact Ziggy or open doors with it. :roflmao:

Chris

QL-auction1.jpg

Yes, it will be for sale during the charity auction! Remember, shipping charges apply and Chris has agreed to help us arrange that right after the auction ends. Bring your credit card! International potential buyers - this is super heavy and large - shipping would cost you a boatload but it's totally awesome.