OMG!!! - Deborah Pratt!

Enterprise

Project QL Intern
Mar 3, 2006
Newcastle, UK
Great work getting the leading lady of QL on board Mr. Bartender guy! But now your just making me feel worse that I can't go.... :(

We (the committee) were DELIGHTED that Deborah has agreed to be a part of the event. I've met her a couple of times in the past, and she is a sweet, delightful lady who does everything she can to recognize the support of the fans.

I can't take all the credit for this. Emma really made the contact and sealed the deal! We're all working together on this, and we have a GREAT committee of people who are making this happen. It is very exciting that Deborah is onboard and that you'll get to meet her!

It's not too late... some of you who are saying you can't come could probably make it if you saved just a little each month. It's doable for anyone who can save about $30 to $50 a month!

I'm also excited that this is definately going to happen - we've come a long way in just six months of planning. Nearly 500 people have taken our survey with a few thousand visitors in the last few months. When tickets open, I'd advise to grab them as fast as possible!

I actually squealed when I saw this news - not a good thing to do in a public library, but I couldn't help myself. She's the first of the 'important' QL people to sign on, and maybe it's a sign of things to come.

I was also excited to see the new additions - Admiral Forrest and Lost-guy-who-blew-up! The fangirl in me is going to have a breakdown. I can't wait for the convention.

alsplacebartender said:
I can't take all the credit for this. Emma really made the contact and sealed the deal! We're all working together on this, and we have a GREAT committee of people who are making this happen. It is very exciting that Deborah is onboard and that you'll get to meet her!

Good job, committee! I envy you and your ability to make this happen. How did you all get so well connected?

Enterprise said:
Great work getting the leading lady of QL on board Mr. Bartender guy! But now your just making me feel worse that I can't go.... :(
I know how you feel. I'm saving up all my money to go, but I lose money as frequently as a earn it because of all these government taxes, mortgages, TV license, etc, so there's a good chance that I might not be able to go. I really hope I can, but being in Wakefield, I'll have a job on getting to Los Angeles, especially the cost of getting a hotel room, transport and use of petrol money to the airport.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel your pain, guys - there's a con in England in May with both the stars of Supernatural, and I would LOVE to be there. In fact, I may whine that entire weekend because I can't get over there.

But take heart - our con isn't for 2 years yet, and good things may happen! As our illustrious bartender says, saving a little bit at a time can work wonders!

SamBeckett94 said:
I know how you feel. I'm saving up all my money to go, but I lose money as frequently as a earn it because of all these government taxes, mortgages, TV license, etc, so there's a good chance that I might not be able to go. I really hope I can, but being in Wakefield, I'll have a job on getting to Los Angeles, especially the cost of getting a hotel room, transport and use of petrol money to the airport.

Real life sucks, doesn't it?? All those bills getting in the way of fandom!

Don't despair - you could do the trip for £1000. Which, yes, sounds like a lot of money, but that would cover airfare, hotel room, con admission, transport and some spends. It'd mean saving £40 a month between now and March 2006, which is what I'm going to do!

Hope you manage to save up enough to attend.

Last edited by a moderator: