Old 04-28-2009, 12:45 AM   #326
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

Hi all,

Chris wanted me to let you know that he will be away for a period of time and unable to respond to pm messages right now. His mother died and he is taking care of family affairs.

As you may have read earlier in this thread, his father also passed away at the beginning of the film production just a short time ago.

Please wish him well and send prayers.

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
alsplacebartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:52 AM   #327
Janna Galaxy
Accelerator Technician

That is so sad. You'll be in my prayers Chris.

All the best to you.

hugz
Janine xxx

"Social Security Number 563-86-9801" -
Sam in "Starlight, Starbright"
Janna Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:32 AM   #328
leaper1
PQL Security Staff

My condolences to Chris and his family.
So sad that he has lost both his parents within such a relatively short time, and just when they have had a child of their own too. Shame the newborn will not get to know its grandparents.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family at this sad time.

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.(Leo Buscaglia) Helen in Bedford
leaper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:38 AM   #329
Jaycol
Control Room Technician

Chris, I am so sorry to hear about your mother. One could only imagine what you must be going through. You and your family are in my thoughts. Take as much time as you need. We will be here when you return and if you need anything else.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:11 PM   #330
jassian
Project Observer

I'm terrible at finding the right words for such occasions, but I'm sending you my warmest wishes to make it through this difficult time.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:31 AM   #331
ohboy
Junior Leaper

Someone who worked as hard as he did so that the fans could have an enjoyable time at the convention deserves the best wishes and/or prayers of the Quantum Leap community. You certainly have both of mine.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #332
ziggysego
Observer's Aid

I'm so sorry to hear the news about the death of Chris's mother, especially so soon after the death of his father.

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

ziggysego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:50 PM   #333
Kirok
Accelerator Technician

Smile

Hi Everybody!

I just wanted to say a BIG ďthank youĒ to all of you for the kind e-mails and thoughts shared over the recent loss of my mother. I really appreciated reading all the sweet thoughts on here, and it meant a lot. It seems like I just got back from Leapback that I had to turn around and deal with losing my only remaining parent in less than one year.

So many thanks to all of you, and Iím sorry Iíve been away from my newly made friends here.

Anyway, Iíve been busy promoting my last two films, and buying our first house. Itís been up and downÖ but good.

My son Samuel is growing and growing, and weíre glad he has a new home to crawl around in!!

So, back to our fanfilmÖ there is a wonderful review posted at Fan Cinema Today. This guy LOVED it, and I was so happy to see he did. (He also loved Star Trek vs. Batman too!) Here is the link!!

Dave (the President) and I talked just today, and of course, we are still glowing from our Burbank trip. WowÖ what a fantastic trip we all had. Even the 14 hours we spent re-constructing the Control Panel and singing Johnny Cash songsÖ it was so much fun!

Thanks again, everyone!

Chris
Old 06-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #334
ris768
Pulse Communications Technician

Hey Chris,
I'm glad things are settling down for you, it has been a bitter-sweet past 12 months, birth, deaths, fan-film, a trip to Hollywood, and buying a house, you know how to pack it in. Anyway congrats on all the great reviews you are getting, and thanks for sharing this latest one.
Take care, Marissa.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #335
Janna Galaxy
Accelerator Technician

You deserve all the great reviews Chris!

You and your entire cast and crew did an awesome job!

I'm glad to see you smiling

Take care

Hugz Janine xxx

"Social Security Number 563-86-9801" -
Sam in "Starlight, Starbright"
Janna Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:06 AM   #336
Kirok
Accelerator Technician

Smile

Hey Everybody,

Just wanted to pass along that GENCON has invited us to participate in this yearís Con in downtown Indy. I was THRILLED, especially considering this event draws in 28,000 folks from around the world. I was honored that they approached me, and asked that it be screened. Very cool!!

For those unfamiliar with what GenCon is, its a gaming convention that visits Indianapolis every year and attracts, on average, 28,000 people.

Ironic back-story: We were shooting QL last year during GenCon, and had many fun sound issues with THAT! HAHA

Iíll announce the dates and schedules as soon as they notify me.

Thanks everyone!

Chris
Old 07-20-2009, 02:44 AM   #337
Jaycol
Control Room Technician

Hey Chris! It has been a while since you release A Leap to Di for to the internet. It has taken me this long to be able to watch it. I have to give you a big thumbs up on a job well done. Your whole cast and crew did an excellent job and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the video. It felt like I was actually watching an episode of the regular series. Now a few questions. Will you be following this up with another Quantum Leap film or is it just the one shot? Also, would you consider doing a Sliders fanfilm? That is another classic series that I am sure you would get great reviews if you were to do a film on that series. Just a wondering.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:37 PM   #338
Kirok
Accelerator Technician

Smile

Hey Jaycol!

Thanks for watching it! I appreciate the kind words, and the time it took to watch. As my mom used to say, thatís ďtime you canít get backĒ. I appreciate it.

No, this was a one-time shoot unfortunately. I wanted to make a modest series out of it, but I axed that idea after Leapback.

I never considered Sliders as a fanfilm, but I certainly wouldnít rule it out. Actually, Iím researching a Batman--The Dark Knight fanfilm as our next project, but am not sure. As we all know, fanfilms donít put food on the table and since I have a nice new mortgage and 10 month old son, it maybe some time before I shoot that. I donít know just yet.

But as for ďLeap to Di ForĒ, there was a great interview with Chelsea Rogers who played our Princess Diana over at ďDiana RememberedĒ fan site. You can read it here. Itís rather good!

Thanks everyone!

Chris
Old 07-23-2009, 11:06 PM   #339
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

Great interview!

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
Old 07-25-2009, 05:01 AM   #340
ris768

When I click the interview link I get the following error message:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
- <response>
<error>3</error>

<message>Missing URL</message>

</response>

Is it just me??
Old 07-25-2009, 05:50 AM   #341
leaper1
PQL Security Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ris768 View Post
When I click the interview link I get the following error message:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
- <response>
<error>3</error>

<message>Missing URL</message>

</response>

Is it just me??
Nope not just you - I get the error message too.

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.(Leo Buscaglia) Helen in Bedford
leaper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:03 AM   #342
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

http://diana-remembered.spaces.live....8C9B75DA!5300/

You may have to search a bit but it's there.

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
Old 07-28-2009, 02:32 PM   #343
Kirok
Accelerator Technician

Smile

Brian,

Thanks for fixing that. Sorry for the bad link kiddos. My bad. As you all can see, its few and far between that I can get back to this site regularly for fun and giggles.

I'll try to get updates as far as our GENCON showings, but as of yet, I have not received any preview/screen times yet.

We're still averaging about 200 hits a day for the flick, which is impressive!!

Thanks again, everyone!!

Chris
Old 08-23-2009, 10:53 AM   #344
Kirok
Accelerator Technician

Just wanted you guys to know that our fan-flick has been invited to be screened at The New England Fan Experience, alongside our other popular fanfilm, Star Trek vs. Batman. What makes this Con so exciting is that LEONARD NIMOY and JOHN DELANCIE are confirmed guests at this Con!!

Whatís even BETTER is that they both will be receiving DVDíS to both films in their gift baskets, and Iím told Iíll even get to meet both guys!! So Iíll be handing them two copies of each, one for their gift baskets AND one in person.

This is VERY cool news, and I am very happy to share it along with all of you.

A Leap To Di For played last weekend at GENCON here in Indianapolis, and had a so-so turnout. Nothing to really write home about.

We also announced production of our new fanfilm, a Dark Knight/Batman project called Fall of Gotham. Its very cool. We got Beth Hornís co-star from NBC's American Gladiator, Jamie Reed to play Wonder Woman!! You can read about it here!!

Thanks everybody!!

BTW, Brian-- did you get the DVD I sent you?

Chris
Old 08-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #345
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

Sounds exciting! So sorry - yes! I did - finally got to see it without any interruption. Great story and filmmaking. Thank you!

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
Old 09-01-2009, 11:27 PM   #346
TheCapn
PQL Visitor

I am not a fan of "fan films" as I don't see the point of making something based on already established product. The possibility of making something truly new and groundbreaking is too good an opportunity to miss. Also the idea of having said fan film be Quantum Leap but without the original actors is the biggest mistake a person could make. Even being British I was never affected by the death of Princess Diana although I know her to have done a lot of good work for important causes her death was over-mourned and as a result a great amount of her message was lost. Also people forgot her human side which was swept away in favour of this image the press created.

So wasn't a fan of A Leap To Die For...

UNTIL I WATCHED IT!

Acting was excellent. (Sorry for not knowing names guys!) Sam was almost note perfect but it took a little while for me to warm to the new Al. The story was brilliant and the ending even left a little tear in my eye. I got goosebumps at the opening and the idea of how the Project had been maintained since Mirror Image was SO well written. Everything about this project was so smartly executed. I was speechless.

I know it was budgetary no doubt but I had to chuckle at how the majority was set in just the hotel. Haha. But to maintain that AND still craft the story was superb.

Congratulations on this film. It continued the QL tradition and respected the show, it's fanbase AND logic. Everyone involved should be given a medal (or TV show deal). All the best to the creators in their future works.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:21 PM   #347
LadyKayoss
Observer's Aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirok View Post
Just wanted you guys to know that our fan-flick has been invited to be screened at The New England Fan Experience, alongside our other popular fanfilm, Star Trek vs. Batman. What makes this Con so exciting is that LEONARD NIMOY and JOHN DELANCIE are confirmed guests at this Con!!

Whatís even BETTER is that they both will be receiving DVDíS to both films in their gift baskets, and Iím told Iíll even get to meet both guys!! So Iíll be handing them two copies of each, one for their gift baskets AND one in person.

This is VERY cool news, and I am very happy to share it along with all of you.

A Leap To Di For played last weekend at GENCON here in Indianapolis, and had a so-so turnout. Nothing to really write home about.

We also announced production of our new fanfilm, a Dark Knight/Batman project called Fall of Gotham. Its very cool. We got Beth Hornís co-star from NBC's American Gladiator, Jamie Reed to play Wonder Woman!! You can read about it here!!

Thanks everybody!!

BTW, Brian-- did you get the DVD I sent you?

Chris
*grins* It's nice to know that the film's really getting around! And Nimoy... boy am I jealous!

Oh, and I love the Batman idea... The universe Nolan created is just so darkly fascinating; waiting for a third film (assuming there is one) is a pain. This could make the wait bearable!
Old 09-10-2009, 04:48 AM   #348
ris768

I finally made it on IMDB.com! I checked ages ago and I was on the German version for A Leap to Di For. Recently, I googled myself and what a surprise to find I was on the real IMDB! I don't think I will pay the money to update my profile but it's nice to see my name. Thanks Chris.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #349
Kirok
Accelerator Technician

Thanks for the compliments, TheCpn! I appreciate your kind words and making you a believer!

And glad I could get you on IMDB, Marissa! Actually, you made that possible by believing in us, and all of us are grateful. Thank you so much! But yes, my IMDB rating went through the roof upon our recent annoucement, so that's good too!

I'll have lots of news as we approach Boston's screening, which is fantastic!! I can't believe it!

And yes LadyKayoss, I am THRILLED about going into the realm of the Dark Knight! LIke our 'Quantum Leap' show, this too has another star from the American Gladiator show!! How cool is that!

Thanks for all the support and kind words, folks!!

I STILL miss Leapback, even after nearly six months. What a great time we all had!!!

Chris

Old 09-30-2009, 01:42 AM   #350
Kirok
Accelerator Technician

Hey guys,

Not a "real" movie update as it is a human update... but Dave Briggs, my co-producer and the President from 'Lead to Di For' had surgery this AM to remove two cancerous growths from his kidney. The kidney was saved and he's recuperating nicely tonight. Just talked to him a couple of hours ago, and he's already wanting to talk about our new film.

I sat with him tonight for about 1/2 hour as he slept. He looks great.

Full body scan showed no spread, so thank GOD for that.

But please keep Dave in your thoughts and prayers for the next few weeks as the recovery will be uphill I'm sure. I'm thankful he has our films to look forward to... that really helps him mend.

If anyone wants to send flowers or your love, please let me know. I know he made many friends at Leapback when we were there.

Chris