Break a leg Jassian!

leaper1

PQL Security Staff
Staff member
Sep 1, 2002
Bedford, England
Given that Australia is so many hours ahead of us, it must be almost tomorrow there by now.
So I wanted to be the first to say "Break a leg" for your big day.

Thoughts and prayers, best wishes and pixie dust winging their way from here to there that all goes well with you, and you get an outcome you are happy with.

Yep 4 hours to go. :)

*bearhugs Helen*

Thanks so much, dude!

Rehearsals went well, there's always room to improve, but I'm quite happy.
So let's go have some fun with it. Eh, 'execute myself a villain' as far as the character is concerned.;)
Time to go rock some! >D >D >D

I, too, would like to extend good wishes towards your performance tomorrow. I'm sure that you will impress those scouts to the point that they'll have no choice but to let you in, or whatever it is that you are trying to attain from this. :hurray:

Thanks guys!

Our teachers said we did very well. I think sometimes my attention
drifted into myself rather than the scene, but generally I wasn't unhappy.
My scene partner got 1 agent offer straight off!, one possible offer and someone else wanting to pitch him for a feature. 2 other agents we are yet to hear from. So I'm kinda proud because I helped him. :D

The rest of us will have to wait for the formalities, because normally the agents prefer contacting the teachers not the students. So yeah I don't know. Then again it's a very small chance, they are looking for maybe 5 people each per agency and have a few hundred to pick from.

There's also many other ways of getting in touch with agents and casting consultants so this is not the end of it all, if anything it was a good start.

Glad you got through it okay.
Let's hope it's the start of great things to come.
Congratulations to your scene partner. Get an autograph quick, before he starts charging! :roflmao:

angvav said:
Good stuff matey :)

Hey, keep your face visible to the casting people!

I'm sure they'll give you work in no time :)

Would be nice :)
I'm stretching my feelers out, yup.
I'm also producing my own short films (the first one on the
showreel's mine, but maybe I should say it out loud because
I didn't get enough coverage for most scenes LOL, and they ended up on rather static or wide shots. That's probably because I was a one man/woman crew though, with one friend doing light design and set and the occasional camera op helping out. )

Channel 31 perhaps aren't to bad for putting shows on :)

They have what is called "bite size".

Which is a 13 part show. 20 episodes. You make 5 minutes episodes. About anything you want.

I am filming a show.

LOL

I am using my digital camera and moviemaker and hoping for the best!

:)

angvav said:
I am using my digital camera and moviemaker and hoping for the best!

:)

Good on ya! Let me know if I can be of assistance. Won't be traveling over, but if you feel comfortable I can look at whatever script you got or suggest shots or cuts if you like. (Don't expect too much, I'm still in training) If I may suggest: a slightly better program than moviemaker may be worth the investment, it caused us a lot of headache.

That wouldn't be too bad. I'm using our professional equipment at uni. Which doesn't mean too much as I'm again somewhat understaffed and trying to juggle around everybody's availabilty. Currently the film will be barely below 10 minutes, but I could start thinking about a way of cutting it shorter (we cut it down from feature length *L*)

Thanks Errowyn! Somehow this sounds really funny "We knew her" :lol as if the moment I end up on a show somewhere everyone will say: "Goodbye Jassian" *sniff* "was nice knowing you, rest in peace" :roflmao: must be my odd sense of humor *L*

None of this is gonna happen in a hurry. :)

I have loads to learn:
I just realized I planned a shoot for thursday and didn't call one of the actors, she's actually not available, she's only needed for the end of the scene but kinda important. Although I can possibly pick up the shot before the other character changes his haircolor (yes, he's supposed to) *L* Another one is missing for the sunday shoot.. maybe I can pull another scene forward, but she's in most of them, it's annoying... :banghead
Yeah, so I need to do some availability juggling. I pretty much have only 3 and half shooting days with the central character, so all shots I can possibly pull off without her need to be done by then. Brrrr... It'll work. Somehow.
Anyway that's the way to learn it, to get it wrong.

Last edited:
Yup Yup. *G* and you learn to make things work nonetyless. *L* sometimes it almost seems like a lot is done that way: "get it done, somehow, despite the 100 things going wrong. " So yep, I solved it :)
Watched my showreel again yesterday, on a big projected screen this time. Been a bit harsh on myself, it wasn't too bad. I've done better, but everyone really liked it. I'll get my own copy on monday :D