Al's sunglasses

Al_Calavicci

Project QL Intern
Apr 19, 2009
Does anyone here know if Al's red sunglasses seen in "The Camikazi Kid" were an actual mass produced item or something made for the show?

0fa7e89bef37bd52cfb0f4c8f5d637fe.jpg

I would be inclined to believe that they were designed by Jean-Pierre Dorleac just for the show :)

You could contact him on his website, as he is selling some Quantum Leap costumes and accessories. You may even be able to purchase this exact pair.

I would be inclined to believe that they were designed by Jean-Pierre Dorleac just for the show :)

You could contact him on his website, as he is selling some Quantum Leap costumes and accessories. You may even be able to purchase this exact pair.

Wow! Thanks for tip. I didn't know he had a website or was selling any quantum leap clothes. Man! I'd love to have some of Al's suits!

I want to thank you very much Lightning McQueenie for your reply about Jean-Pierre Dorleac's site. Mr. Dorleac is extremely kind.he does indeed own the pair worn by Dean in the show.

quantum_leap_al-005.jpg

Last edited:
I agree,I would love to purchase the entire outfit. Thanks to Lighting McQueenie I found out about the podcast interview posted here,and that he is selling off some of the Quantum Leap outfits that Scott and Dean wore in the show.
BTW, that ^ is one of my favorite Al outfits. It is just. So. Al.

I agree,I would love to purchase the entire outfit. Thanks to Lighting McQueenie I found out about the podcast interview posted here,and that he is selling off some of the Quantum Leap outfits that Scott and Dean wore in the show.
Do you have the link to his sales page? If nothing else, I would love to buy an Al tie! :D

Do you have the link to his sales page? If nothing else, I would love to buy an Al tie! :D

There is no sales page anywhere that I've seen. You have to contact him directly.
In the podcast he mentioned that the outfits were starting at $2,000