Metempsychosis: A Fall From Heaven Chapter 1 rewrite comple

J

jannagalaxy

Hi Everyone!

I know this is very very over due but I've rewritten my first chapter of my story. It does sound way better than the original. The spelling has been checked so hopefully it will sound better this time.

Thanks for looking,

Janna

Quantum Leap: Metempsychosis: A Fall From Heaven

Chapter One

If you asked Dr Samuel Beckett "What are the easiest and difficult parts of your existence?" He would probably answer: leaping and leaping.

Leaping takes no effort he just leaps when he finishes his latest task. Leaping is also difficult. Time to say goodbye to people you?ve got bonds to, people you love.

Sam felt dizzy and disoriented as he landed back on earth. Darkness surrounded him. He couldn't see anything; all he could see was black. He tried to move but he was pushed back down.

"What's happening? Where am I?" He heard giggling.

"Better not let him move around, he might hurt himself."

Then there was more laughter.

"Leave him alone, untie him!" said a new voice.

Sam felt help nimble fingers picking at him. Then the blind fold fell off.

Sam gazed around the room. He was still feeling the after effects of the leap, he was still dizzy. The room for some reason seemed strange. He didn?t know why. The room was covered in streamers, decorations, balloons and glitter. ?A party?? thought Sam. Everywhere he looked, he could see bright, smiling, happy faces. He?d never seen such joy in a room in all his life. There were people drinking, singing, laughing, talking and dancing.

?It seems too good to be true? thought Sam.

"Adam? What's wrong?" A young woman asked Sam. Sam looked up at the young woman. Her face was pale, maybe it was because of the dark red lipstick she wore on her lips. Or maybe it could be her jet black curly hair that reached her shoulders that made her face pale. She had eyes that where deep and dark, as a bottomless well. Sam couldn?t help himself but stare.

"It?s nothing. Why do you ask?"

"You look worried. It was only a game." smiled the women. The woman leaned up from when she was talking to Sam. The woman was not tall, but by no means was she short. She wore a beautiful dark blue gown covered in sequences and glitter.

"Sandra, give us a hand with the drinks?" A voice called out.

"Sure" said the woman and she walked away after giving Sam a kiss and a whispering "Happy new millennium"

"Oh boy!"

Sam looked around. He then realised where he was.

I?m at a New Years Eve Party, but not just any New Years Eve, but a Millennium Eve Party. The party was being held in a bar. Sandra, the woman who untied Sam was helping some people with their drinks to the table. Sandra turned and walked back to Sam and hugged him.

?I?m sorry about that. You know what they are like.? Sandra looked back over to the table where she took the drinks. The people at the table, both men and women, raised their glasses.

?To the happy couple!? one person shouted.

?Don?t try for children here!? another laughed.

?Oh com?on man, get a room!? they all then broke in to laughter.

Sam began to go red.

?I think that they may have had abit too much to drink.? Sandra smiled. ?But then again who doesn?t this time a year?? she laughed.

Sam smiled.

?Oh dear!? cried Sandra.

?What?s wrong?? asked Sam.

?I?ve got glitter all over your brand new leather jacket. Oh dear?.? Sandra started to smooth away the glitter with hands.

?It?s ok; it?s just abit of glitter.? Sam took hold of her hands.

Sandra stopped and took a deep breath. She retracted her hands.

?Besides that means you?ve left your mark on me.? Smiled Sam.

Sandra reached out with the dainty pale hands and captured Sam?s features in her cupped hands. ?You really do say the sweetest things. I love you.?

Sam give her a quick peck on the lips.

Out the corner of his eye he could see The Imaging Chamber door slide open.

?Sandra, why don?t you go and sit with our friends and I?ll join you in a couple of minutes.?

Sandra looked confused and give Sam a glare.

?I just need a couple of minutes then I?ll be with you for the rest of the night.?

Sandra smiled and nodded. She turned to her friends. ?Right, whose round is it??

"Hi Sam!"

Sam turned around and smiled at his best friend. They were more than mere acquaintances; people who call each other every other day then meet up once every other week. They're soul mates; there isn't anything that they wouldn't do for each other.

"Wow look at this place" Al gazed around the room. "We celebrate said the millennium by having one hell of a party. Gushie was the worst. Oh boy! That guy can't hold his drink. He got really wasted."

Sam grinned and shook his head. "I missed the millennium first time round, but looks like I'll get to celebrated after all."

Sam felt a small tap on his shoulder.

"He you go, Adam." Smiled another young woman. She handed him a champagne flute filled to the brim with bright bubbly champagne.

Sam took the flute. "I thank you, urm???" Sam gave Al a quick glance.

"This is Suzy Nixon." Said Al "Suzy is the wife of your best friend Paul."

The Handlink squealed.

"Oh damn!" Cried Al. "The Handlink is going mad. Ziggy, I need some more batteries for this thing." Al sighed. "Oh well, it better only be a five minute problem Gushie, because I know you don't measure time the same the rest of humanity does.

"Thank you, Suzy." Smiled Sam ignoring Al's banter.

Susie smiled back. "We are all gathering around the television, Big Ben will be on in a couple of minutes."

"I'll be there." Said Sam.

Susie walked away. "Come on everybody, we'll miss the gong!"

Sam faced Al. "Who's Big Ben?"

"Big Ben is the most famous clock in Britain. Every New Year the image is beamed to every television in the UK because when it gongs that means that it's New Year."

"Have you ever been to Britain, Al?" Sam asked.

"Once in 1960 not long before I met Beth. We sailed into the docks of this large English City. I think it was in the East well, anyway a group of us went to a couple of bars. While on shore leave, I met this beautiful young woman called Melissa. She had long jet black hair, petite and slender but her best feature was her large...."

"Al!?" Sam pointed a finger and a glance that could kill at 50 paces.

"Eyes!" claimed Al "her large dark eyes." Al gleared back at Sam. "You've got, one hell of a dirty mind."

Sam glared harder about, but a few seconds later turned his head away in giggles. When he stopped, he looked back at Al who was still a glaring at him.

"Please continue with your story."

"Thanks. Well," Al continued "We had the great night of talking and just as there was going to make my move I gave her a few compliment. I told her she had beautiful eyes, she thanked me. I told her, I loved her accent, and she thanked me. And then told her how I love women from Scotland and she slapped me and throw a drink in my face."

Sam exploded into laughter.

Al looked hurt. "It's not funny Sam!"

"Oh yes it says its!" Sign said series tears of laughter.

"And why is that?" Questioned Al, with his arms folded.

"Once I was working on his research project with my assistant who was from Canada. It told me that more that his family is from England and more said and still with there." Sam rubbed his head damn this Swiss cheese brain he thought. "Unfortunately I can't remember the name, well anyway he told me there is cousin came to visit him and everyone kept asking her 'from where about in Scotland are you from in which they take as an offence."

Al look stunned as Sam began to laugh again Al smiled then laughed with Sam.

The Handlink started to buzz.

"At last now we can get some information," said the hologram. "You?re Adam Jonathan Summers, aged 27; its December 31 1999 and kid, you?re in London.?

"I guess that much. Why am I here?"

Al closed his eyes as he read the information.

"Adam's wife Sandra"

Sam turned and looked around the room. Sandra was still sitting with her friends having a laugh and a drink.

"What happens to her?" The Leaper asked.

"Between now and 6 am she..." Al took a deep breath. "She slits her wrists and dies."

"Why?"

"Ziggy has no idea"

The Handlink squealed.

"What?" Asked Sam.

Al's slammed the Handlink. "Ziggy says that we've got a problem."

"What kind of a problem?" Asked Sam.

Al shook his head. "I do not know. I'm sorry Sam but I am going to after go and sort this out don't worry though I will be back before 6 am. I wouldn't want the beautiful woman to die in any more than you do."

Al opened the imaging chamber door for. "Don't worry Sam I'll be back before you know it."

Sam looked around and does and was empty everyone had left Sam could hear cheering as you walked this through into the next room. A big was on the telly. Everyone gasped as Big Ben began to chime.

Cheering erupted like a volcano going off the noise was immense but even Sam began to cheer when he realised the new millennium and finally had arrived.

Sandra got up from her seat and walked over to Sam and give him a kiss.

"Happy New Adam."

"Happy New millennium Sandra."

The party had lasted for many hours it was five o'clock before Sam and Sandra has started back on their trip home. Sam was glad of this as he could keep an eye on Sandra and make sure where she did not hurt herself.

Unfortunately Sam began to worry about Al. What if he doesn't arrive thought Sam.

Sam was happy that he was still with Sandra.

When Sam and Sandra arrived at their house Sam thought that Sandra would just go to sleep but because it the circumstances of the new millennium something that comes along once every few hundred generations she found it very hard to sleep. She wanted to listen to some music. She walked over to her CD system and played her favourite song.

"I like this song!" Sandra said in a pleased voice. "I think it is so sexy."

Sandra picked up her glass of champagne and started swaying in time with the music. Her body moved to every beat, every note. She wasn?t kidding when she told Sam that this was her favourite song. All of a sudden time seemed to slow down on Sandra and she paused briefly and dropped the glass She held in her hand. The glass slowly hit the ground and shattered into a thousand pieces.

Sam rushed over her. "Sandra?" He asked. "What wrong."

Sandra was frozen. Her face showed that she was confused but as quickly as it came it went and Sandra came back to life.

Sandra glanced around, her smile grew when she look into Sam?s eyes. But then she give Sam a wicked smile and shrugged "Nothing, lover." She took hold of Sam's hand and she dragged him over to a chair and pushed him down.

"I?m going to bed but not before I say goodnight to you." Sandra began to kiss Sam, slow, hard and passionately. Sam resisted, but Sandra was very forceful. She began to push her entire body against his.

?How about a little party of our own?? Sandra whispered in to Sam?s ear.

Sam started to breath slow and deeply. He was very tempted but he couldn?t. He didn?t know her well enough, in fact he has only known her a matter of hours. The human part of him wanted to give in to this temptation of the flesh, but his soul told him otherwise.

Sam looked lovingly in to Sandra?s eyes. ?I?m sorry, Sandra. But I have had my fair share of alcohol as well tonight. I doubt I?d be able to give you the satisfaction you desire or deserve. I wouldn?t want to disappoint you.?

Sandra released Sam from her grip. ?Just to be with you gives me more satisfaction then anything else in the world. However if that is your final answer, I?ll see you in the morning. Sandra give Sam a kiss got up of him and walked out of the door.

Sam closed his eyes. Sam need Al. He needed Al to come back with some more information on Sandra.

Sandra put her bright face around the door. ?Adam please just hold me. I don?t like it when I?m not with you.?

Sam becond to her to come over. Sandra walked over and sat on Sam?s knee.

"Well good night lover."

"Good night...." Sam screamed in pain as

Sandra very slowly got up off him and walked away.

?Sandra," gasped Sam. "What have you done?"

Sandra looked a very sad. "Oh dear, me! You?ve hurt my feelings Dr Beckett, or may I call you Sam?"

Sam appears at the woman. "Zoey?"

Sandra smiled. "Thank you use restored my faith in men."

Sam struggled to breathe. "But... I saw you die."

"No. With a little help I was saved so I could get my revenge. I been hoping to find Alia, but the @#%$ as escaped my grasp but you haven't." Zoey /Sandra gazed down at Sam's body and sighed. "What a waste, I have a feeling we couldn't have been put together."

Sam looked in the mirror at the side of him. He had a knife in his back. Blood ran out of him as his eyes slowly closed.

Zoey smiled. "At last, I'm going home!"

Al walked through the imaging chamber door.

"Okay, what is the problem?"

Al looked around the control room. But there was nobody there.

"Ziggy, where is every one?"

Ziggy did not respond.

What the hell is going on thought Al?

Al walked through the control room and opened a door to a corridor. There was no one to be seen. Al walk further the down the corridor.

"Admiral, help!" Al turned and saw Gushie staggering towards him his face covered in blood.

"Gushie!" cried Al. "What the hell happened to you?"

"Help, evil, stop them." Gushie collapsed on top of Al. Al caught the poor were programmers but it was too late Gushie was dead, for no one can live with a bullet through the back and into the chest.

Al ran back into the control room and activated in the intruder alarm. Al ran back out of the control room and on to the elevator. When the elevator doors opened Al faced Donna.

"Donna!" cried Al. "What is going gone!"

"Don't worry Al" soothed Donna. "It'll all become clear very soon." Donna pulled a gun from her pocket and aimed it at Al.

She began to laugh. "Goodbye Admiral."

Al looked in horror as Donna pulled the trigger and shot Al at point blank range.

Al was dead he didn't have time to call for help.

Donna gazed in the sky. "I have done, what he is asked of me I hope that I have pleased. What more what you like me to do?"

Donna listened very carefully and nodded. She pulled out a small blade and made a cut in both her wrists. She screamed in laughter as the blood ran from her beautiful arms.

"Goodbye Donna. Looks like you won't see your husband again." She laughed again and collapsed on the floor.