Sci-Fi News reports QL movie still on drawing boards

W

Wrong Arturo

Hi again, folks! Hope everyone's been well.

I was just looking at a news update from SciFi.com, which lists all the returning genre TV shows this year, as well as TV events in 2004. In the latter category, I found this listing:

---------------
Quantum Leap
SCI FI, to be determined

A new two-hour film from series creator Don P. Bellisario is based on the 1989 series starring Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell that ran for five seasons on NBC. In the series, time-traveling scientist Dr. Sam Beckett's mind and mirror image leap from one person to another, "striving to put right what once went wrong." The reincarnated Quantum Leap will also act as a back-door pilot for a possible series.

------------

Anyway, before anyone gets too excited, this reviewer was probably not reporting anything new--just repeating what has been said in other news stories. However, it is notable that this news came from a site directly connected with the network itself, so it's encouraging to know that the net still considers the film in development.

It'd be nicer if it was MADE already, and about the air, but take what you can get. ;)

Hopefully after Bellisario gets "Navy CIS" (?) off the ground (or if it bombs), he'll have more energy to devote this project and we'll start hearing about more work on it.

(I'm not saying I hope the new show bombs, mind you. Just that DPB finds more time to work on QL.)