What If...You HAD TO recast QL

I can't recall who suggested Richard Dean Anderson as Al, but you know, that would really work!!

Alternatively, Mandy Patinkin (a very versatile fellow himself) could play Al. I agree Mat Damon could play Sam, but I think Cary Elwes could too, or even that new Dr Who, David Tennant (though he may lack a bit of pathos, I think).

As for the Knight Rider movie - I won't even beleive that when I've seen it. Not a Hoff fan, leave him out, but William Daniels must play KITT (so must the original Pontiac Firebird) - you don't mess with KITT. Seriously

Nytrydr
Master of Sinanju

Nytrydr said:
I can't recall who suggested Richard Dean Anderson as Al, but you know, that would really work!!

It's been a while since I was last here, but when I first started watching SG-1 RDA instantly reminded me of Al. Can't remember if it was me who suggested it here though.

So, I asked my mom about who she would cast in a new QL, and she and I agreed that Luke Wilson might make an okay Sam, or possibly Eric McCormack.

I myself am dead set on casting John Hannah as Al. Sure, he's Scottish and not quite as up there in age as Dean, but if they're recasting, Hollywood likes to skew a bit younger anyway.

My determination to cast John Hannah as Al led me to an idea this morning.

So, therefore, here is my *tentative* cast for a new, slightly younger QL cast... British/Australian-ized.

Sam -- Hugh Jackman
Al -- John Hannah (not tentative; this is my definite, absolute choice for Al)
Gooshie -- Hugh Laurie
Verbena -- Naomi Harris
Donna -- Minnie Driver
Tina -- Kate Winslet
Beth -- Catherine Zeta-Jones
Ziggy -- unsure...

:Love To All:
~ Joy ~

I know the perfect Actor to be Sam Beckett!!

If anyone has thought of this then please forgive me, however the person I would love to see as Sam Beckett, is actually doing a similar job right now in the UK and is truly superb at it, he is good looking, humourous, a hero, etc etc just like Bakula!

His name - David Tennant!

Anyones thoughts on this idea?

I don't know who I would say in a re-cast, but if it was a continuation, I really like Matthew Modine. He was wonderful in Jack and the Beanstalk: The Real Story, and made me think of Sam the whole way through.

I'm clueless on Al, though.

Pity they couldn't use ARNIE. Because he could always use his famous catch phrase "I'll be back".

wbafc said:
Pity they couldn't use ARNIE. Because he could always use his famous catch phrase "I'll be back".

And then they could have Danny DeVito as Al. As horrifying as that would be, the thought of Arnie in a dress and heels is hilarious.

Yeah that is a good question.

I also think tom selleck has to play magnum. That role was made for him.

As i think the same for QL.

I think Sam was made for Scott.

As al for Dean Stockwell.

If I thought of recasting, I would prefer the people who were in the tv show shuld be in the film.

Yeah, I think Michael shanks from stargate sg-1 would make a good Sam.