QL Books

BakFanLin

Project QL Intern
Nov 19, 2005
Houston, TX
I was browsing around in PaperBackSwap tonight and I see that there are several (of not all) of the QL books listed there. There are 13 I do believe. If you liked QL, and still can't get enough, aside from fan-fiction, these books also fill a void. Some of them are delightful!

Its a neat site too, espcially if you tend to accumulate more books than your bookcases can stand. You can swap your books for someone elses. Not that that eases the book stress. <snort> Once you register, they give you... I think 2 points. Then you accumulate more as your posted books are requested. One book, one point... unless its a hardback. I think those count for 2 points.

Oh, and I'm 'fraid to say that PaperBackSwap is for US residents only...
their loss.

Linda

Hey that sounds neat, it is a website though or where is it?
By the way I recignize you. Hi its Bakulababe remember the one you sent the CD to? How are you linda?

Sam Beckett Fan said:
Hey that sounds neat, it is a website though or where is it?
By the way I recignize you. Hi its Bakulababe remember the one you sent the CD to? How are you linda?

Yes I remember! <waves hi> how are you?

You should be able to just click on the link to find the site. Its in red..
or go here: www.paperbackswap.com

Linda

Sam Beckett Fan said:
Wait how does it work do you actually have to swap it with a book of yours?

Yes. When you register to become a member, I think they give you 2 free points. (at least thats how I seem to remember) So, right off the bat you can request to get 2 paperbacks. If you want a hardback book, they're 2 points each.
You list the books you have and are willing to trade them, when someone sees what you have, they request it. You take it to the post office and mail it to them.... at your cost. But, likewise, if you want someone elses book, they send it to you... at their cost. The more of the books you have that someone else wants, the more points you accumulate, then you use those points to get books from other people.
Right now I've accumulated 10 points, and haven't really seen any books that I want that badly... but sooner or later, I figure there will be some posted that I want... and voila'! I get it... free.
There are wish lists too where you can post books that have not been listed. When it becomes available - hopefully some day - you can set it up to automatically say YES I want it...or be given the option to decide if you really want it or not. Accept it or pass....
If you do register to join, please use my ID as a reference.... I get an extra point!
TY.

Wow sounds comlicated and how do you know that you won't send your half od the deal and they run off with it? I don't think I trust something like that and besides I am saving my books for selling at the garage sale my mom and I want to have soon.

PaperBackSwap.com

Sam Beckett Fan said:
Wow sounds comlicated and how do you know that you won't send your half od the deal and they run off with it? I don't think I trust something like that and besides I am saving my books for selling at the garage sale my mom and I want to have soon.

Its not complicated at all. I don't know what you mean by 'run off with half the deal...' If someone requests your book... you send it to them. You request someone elses book, they send it to you. Simple.

If there is any catch to this program, I haven't seen it yet, and I've been participating for several months now.

Good luck with the garage sale.... I've done that once before too. Unloaded several Star Wars books that way.

Sorry I was not insulting you. What I emant is what if you send them your book and they never give you theirs? Sorry this is just the first I have heard of this kind of thing and its just different for me. its not you at all.

Book swap

Sam Beckett Fan said:
Sorry I was not insulting you. What I emant is what if you send them your book and they never give you theirs? Sorry this is just the first I have heard of this kind of thing and its just different for me. its not you at all.

No...sorry it doesn't work like that. If you request someone's book, they send it to you. They don't need to request one of yours. When you send a book to someone that requested it... you get a point. Then that point you can use to scan through all the books that are posted... upward of 1 million + ... find one you want.. use your point to get it. It doesn't matter who posted it. I've accumulated 10 points... because more people have asked for my books than I've requested from someone else. Sometime when someone posts a book I want.. or a whole handful of them... I can use my points to get them.

BakFanLin said:
If you do register to join, please use my ID as a reference.... I get an extra point!
TY.

What is your ID?

This looks really cool - and I've got SO many BOOKS that I probably won't read again.

HologramIAm said:
What was the last book released? Curious if I have them all or not. I think I bought everything I could find on eBay once... what I did not have.

Here's a list ... by title:

The Ghost and The Gumshoe (this is a novelization of 2 episodes)

Quantum Leap - The Novel

Too Close for Comfort

The Wall
Prelude
Knights of The Morningstar
Search and Rescue

Random Measures
Pulitzer
Non-fiction: Quantum Leap: A to Z

Double or Nothing
Odyssey
Independence
Non-fiction: The Making of Quantum Leap

Angels Unaware
Obsessions
Lock Ness Leap
Heat Wave

Foreknowledge
Song and Dance

Mirror's Edge

Non-Fiction: Quantum Leap: Another Time Another Place

AHA! There are 18 novels! If I missed one, I'm surprised, and be warned, I'll be looking for it too.
Needs to be more.....

Note: On the back of The Ghost and The Gumshoe is a blurb:
"Also available from Corgi Books: Quantum Leap: The Beginning
A novel by: Julie Robitaille
I have never been able to find this book, or any other reference to it.

Last edited:
Hi!
If it helps, these are the covers
thebeginning1photobucket.jpg

thebeginning2photobucket.jpg

BakFanLin said:
Note: On the back of The Ghost and The Gumshoe is a blurb:
"Also available from Corgi Books: Quantum Leap: The Beginning
A novel by: Julie Robitaille
I have never been able to find this book, or any other reference to it.

It's a novelization of the pilot, and I was able to get a brand-spankin' new copy from amazon UK.

Were the authors commissioned by Universal to write the novels? I'm curious about how all that worked. What if someone today wanted to write another novel? Who would they contact for permission/approval?

Does anyone know if the Quantum Leap books are on amazon?

Last edited: