Los Angeles weather!

MO

Project QL Intern
Apr 13, 2008
In a tin can in the countryside
I am sort of a weather junkie, so I checked the average high and low temperatures for Los Angeles for the end of March.

Average highs: Low 70s (Fahrenheit)
Average lows: Low to mid 50s (Fahrenheit)

Here is the Los Angeles page of my favorite weather source, centered in on the convention area. It updates several times per day, so you can follow the weather there every day, until you are there in person!
:hurray:

Today we had 42 degree celsius (108 deg F) in Sydney Australia and it is expected to reach up to 47 degrees (117 deg F) this weekend!

I am leaving Oz on the 7th March and flying first to New York before going west. I am praying for 2 things - that the weather here will cool down and that the weather there will warm up.

I have no idea what to wear on the plane as I know I am going from one extreme to the other. I'm thinking I might just take an empty suitcase and buy a wardrobe over there. Do they have sales in March?

neige1.jpg

neige2.jpg

I hope the weather there will be warmer than here :lol

Today we had 42 degree celsius (108 deg F) in Sydney Australia and it is expected to reach up to 47 degrees (117 deg F) this weekend!

I am leaving Oz on the 7th March and flying first to New York before going west. I am praying for 2 things - that the weather here will cool down and that the weather there will warm up.

I have no idea what to wear on the plane as I know I am going from one extreme to the other. I'm thinking I might just take an empty suitcase and buy a wardrobe over there. Do they have sales in March?

New York in March could be highly variable--probably very chilly by your standards though. (117 degrees! Yikes!) You can always find sales if you go to the right store. Probably bring some of your warmer things but you'll want summer clothes for LA too.

Laurence--Great pix! France looks a lot like Pennsylvania, I guess. :) But I admit you have more snow. Our icicles are just as long though!

Cold here too!

snowman.jpg

Most of the family have had snow days since our schools have been closed, but Becky has still had to work at the library.
Looks like her customers are feeling the chill! :p

LAYERS ARE YOUR FRIEND!

I just got back from NY in the early hours of Tuesday morning (I got Daniel Radcliffe's autograph, WOOOOOOOOOOOO!), and it was absolutely freezing cold, but I just had layers that would keep me warm outside, but could be easily removed when inside.

Well I requested from a friend in LA as to what i should bring, however it was pointless, my winter wardrobe is exactly the same as my summer wardrobe with the addition of a jacket in winter!, and jeans become 3/4 length jeans in summer, I generally freeze all winter and boil all summer. So I'll just throw my clothes in and bring my jacket, and stand close to warm people if it gets a bit chilly. Sadly my I can pack my whole wardrobe into a small suitcase and have room to spare. I'm generally ok as long as there is not a biting wind, don't know how windy it gets in LA bet we get some SHOCKERS here, Perth is the second windiest city in the world, next to Wellington in NZ.