A Leap on Jump Street Chapter 5 halfway through!

SammieJoBeckett

Project QL Intern
May 17, 2006
Quantum Leap: A Leap on Jump Street Series
A Leap for Judy and Tom
By Heather Samantha Beckett
Disclaimer: I do not own the concept of Quantum Leap or 21 Jump Street or their characters, those solely belong to Don Belisario (Quantum Leap) and Stephen J Cannell and Patrick Hasburgh (21 Jump Street)​
Chapter 5: Taking a Beating Double Dating!
Before Sam knew it he was waiting at the front of the school for Judy.
?Hey Tom you need a ride?? Clayton asked Sam as he pulled up in his red Convertible, Michelle seated beside him.
?No, I?m ok. I am waiting on my ride,? Sam said to Clayton .
?Ok see ya tomorrow,? Clayton said driving off.
Five minuets had passed before Sam caught a glimpse of Judy?s red tracker entering the school parking lot. When Judy pulled up Sam noticed an attractive white man sitting in the passenger seat.
?Hey Tom, how are you?? the man said getting out of the car to let Sam get in the back seat and shaking his hand.
?Oh I am fine,? Sam said nervously. He didn?t know who this man was but obviously Tom Hanson did.
Once again Judy came to Sam?s rescue without realizing it.
?Tom, Bailey is taking us out to dinner after we debrief with Fuller. We are going to meet his sister, Aliyah there.?
?Oh great,? Sam muttered under his breath, he could smell a double date in the works and he would not have to mess things up for Tom, if he did he could be messing up Tom?s potential love life.
?Oh don?t do that!? Sam muttered under his breath so no one could hear him.
Al had just walked through Judy?s tracker from the outside and stood beside Sam.
?Well excuse me for living.?
?Al what are you doing here??
?I got a hot lead for you from Tom. He talked to me. Sure he thinks he?s dead and I am God but he wants us to change Judy dating this guy Bailey.?
?That Bailey?? Sam asked pointing to the front seat.
?I don?t know,? Al said staring at Bailey with dagger eyes. ?Is he her boyfriend??
?Yes I think so,? Said Sam. ?What?s wrong now??
Al continued to give Bailey dagger eyes. ?Ooooh that nozzle I wish I could pop him one.?
?For what Al??
?Tom suspects that Bailey beats Judy and when he talked to her about it she got defensive.?
Sam felt sick to his stomach. He hated to think of the idea of any man beating on Judy but that?s not what was making him feel sick.
?Al why am I feeling like there is something you are hiding form me? Why do I feel so sick every time we come across domestic violence??
?I wish I could tell you Sam but you know the rules of quantum leaping. You have to remember things yourself.?
?Damn it Al at least give me something,? Sam said throwing his hands up in the air and punching his seat.
?I?m sorry I can?t.?
?Ok Ok lets just drop it,? Sam said feeling defeated. ?Ok at least tell me why you keep looking at Bailey like he?s guilty of something. Does Tom know for absolute certain that Bailey is beating Judy??
?No but he said she?s had a lot of ? ?accidents? ? lately.?
Sam cringed at the word ?accidents.? He wished he could remember why this was bothering so much.
?But Sam listen,? said AL breaking Sam?s train of thought, ?we know that a week or so from now we know Melissa Copper will say to her sister that no teacher will ever hurt them again and that Bailey was going to pay.?
?So that doesn?t mean that Judy?s Bailey is the attacker. We know he may beat on Judy but what does he have to do with girls in high school? He?s not a teacher is he??
?I don?t know Sam doesn?t have any information on that. For the time being stick as close to officer Hoffs as you can until I get more info for you.? Al disappeared after he pressed some buttons on his hand link.
?Tom who are you talking to?? Bailey asked.
?No one. You must be hearing things,? Sam said trying to sound as natural as possible.
?Bailey you know how Hanson like to think out loud.? Judy said coming to Sam?s defense.
?Sure,? said Bailey not sounding convinced.
Sam hadn?t realized it before but he noticed that there seemed to be red blotchy spots on Judy?s neck that didn?t look like your average hickey they were more a bruised color. It looked like someone with big hands had grabbed her hard by the neck.
?Hey Judy what happened to your neck?? Sam asked. Judy.
Sam noticed that Judy and Bailey had exchanged nervous glances.
?TOM,? Judy said blushing, ?don?t make me say it out loud are you that out of it? Is your love life that bad that you can?t see a you know what when you see one??
?You mean a hickey? That?s looks more like a bruise than a hickey to me.?
?Well that just means that oh don?t make me say it,? said Judy trying to sound embarrassed but Sam wasn?t buying it.
?Well I guess you had a wild night,? Said Sam sarcastically.
Judy shot him a drop it look and Sam got the hint. He didn?t talk to Judy about her ?hickeys? for the rest of the night.
After Sam and Judy debriefed with Fuller they met Bailey?s sister Aliyah at Lobster Bay for dinner. Sam couldn?t remember if he liked seafood so he ordered chicken to be on the safe side. Sam had more fun then he expected to on the blind double date despite the fact that he hated being set up on blind dates and he couldn?t stand to look at Bailey and Judy together.
Being with Aliyah made Sam?s night. He wasn?t falling for her or trying to he just didn?t expect to have a good time at all and it turned out that Aliyah was a Spanish major at the state university and was going to go to study abroad in Spain the next semester. She and Sam talked in Spanish the rest of the night.
?I didn?t know you spoke Spanish Tom,? Judy said looking at Sam in amazement.
?Oh there is a lot of things you don?t about me.?
?I guess not,? Judy said shaking her head.
After dinner Judy and Bailey decided to go see a movie and Sam and Aliyah decided to go with them. When they got to the theater Judy saw that Ghost was playing and wanted to see it but Bailey wanted to see the new Die hard movie, they argued for about 10 minuets about what movie to see.
Sam couldn?t remember either movies but Die hard 2 sounded better to him but he hated to see Judy loose the battle.
?So Tom what do you want to see??
?Let the girls watch the chick flick we can see Die hard 2 another day.?
?Chick flick? Judy gave Sam a weird look.
?Hey I like that,? said Aliyah.
Oh great I started the trend, Sam thought to himself.
Bailey had grabbed Judy by the arm and pulled her aside.
?Ow you are hurting me,? Sam heard Judy yelp.
?Hey man,? Sam protested.
?Stay out of this it has nothing to do with you,? growled Bailey.
?Tom please,? Judy pleaded.
Sam backed away but continued to stare at Bailey y to see if he was going to get too much out of hand and then he would step in no matter what Judy said. He wasn?t going to stand around and watch Bailey bully Judy.
?You know I wouldn?t have to if you would quit arguing with me,? Bailey yelled at Judy.
Aliyah rolled her eyes. ?Bailey quit being a punk and let go of her.?
?I think the lady is right,? Sam said agreeing with Aliyah.
Bailey didn?t want to cause a public scene so he let go of Judy and whispered something in her ear. Sam figured he was threatening her because he saw her cringe when Bailey whispered in her ear, but he didn?t say anything because he didn?t wart Bailey causing anymore problems.
Judy finally agreed to let everyone watch Die hard 2 and everyone enjoyed the movie except for Sam who had remembered the movie once he started watching it so he talked to Al instead of watching the movie.
?So Sam what?s going on,? Al said sniffing the air.
?What are you smelling? You are a hologram you can?t smell.?
?I was just seeing if holograms could smell freshly buttered movie theater popcorn,? Al said sniffing the air some more, ?but I can?t. I can pretend though right? I just love the smell of freshly popped movie theater popcorn. So what are you watching? Oh I see Die hard 2 Die Hard 3 is the best.?
?There?s a third one??
?Yea Bruce Willis pairs up with Samuel L Jackson they make a funny team,? Al said chuckling.
?Al would you get real? Sam said in an annoyed tone of voice. ?I want Gushie to center you on Judy?s tonight and let me know what happens.? Sam explained to Al about Judy and bailey?s altercation and the fact that he saw Judy cringe when Bailey whispered in her ear.
Al?s Face turned beet red. ?OOOH that nozzle I hope you get to pop him a good one Sam.?
?You and me both, but I didn?t leap here to pop Bailey a good one. I?m here to make sure that Judy doesn?t get seriously hurt and that Tom doesn?t loose his job.?
?I know but all the same I hope you get to pop him a good one upside the noggin. Ok Sam I will have Gushie center me on Judy?s tonight and if things turn ugly I will get you right away.?
After the date was over and Judy and bailey dropped Aliyah at the dorm and Sam at Tom?s apartment, Sam spent most of the night pacing up and down Tom?s living room.
About 11:45 Al appeared through the imaging chamber doorway breathless, ?SAM! SAM! You gotta get there quick, that nozzle is beating her to a pulp. GO SAM GO BEFORE SHE GETS SERIOUSLY INJURED BY THAT FREAK!?
Sam ran out of the door as quick as lightning.:)

I have never watched 21 Jump Street, and so have no 'inside' knowledge of the characters or their established relationships.
As such, I have to read this as an ordinary leap rather than as a crossover. I can't comment on how faithful you have been to the other series.
On the level of a straight leap, you have managed to make me care about these characters, and I am drawn into the story, anxious to know what happens next.
Well done.

I love this!
21 Jump Street and Quantum Leap!
Two of my favorite Tv Series!
Its really great!
<3.

*Al'sChick*

P.s. But I cant remember whats wrong with Sam...
Grr. Keep going!

Sorry for the delay

*Al'sChick* said:
I love this!
21 Jump Street and Quantum Leap!
Two of my favorite Tv Series!
Its really great!
<3.

*Al'sChick*

P.s. But I cant remember whats wrong with Sam...
Grr. Keep going!

Im sorry for the delay my computer had a virus over the summer and I was without one for a few months and when I got a ne wone I didn't see much intrest in the fanfic so i quit writing it then out of the blue a week ago I get 2 requests to finish it from a 21 jump street yahoo group so i added a chapter yesterday so I think I will finish I got 3 to go