711 And Then Came Another, Part II

And Then Came Another, Part II

• 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
And Then Came Another, Part II
August 24, 1960

San Diego, California

Sam and Al discover that Sam's mind merging with Lisa is very strong and prevents him from defending himself against Lisa's very abusive husband. Al has to convince Lisa that she must let go of her guilt in order for Sam to save her baby's life and future.

Written by: M. J. Cogburn & Katherine Freymuth

Our rating system consisted of one person. At that time, the story was rated as a 9. (This was a great story! I will definitely tell others about it.)

This is your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited by a moderator:
:D This is excellent story well Al finally got the suprise of his life not to metion Captain Julianna Thomas did to.When I first
read it blew me away,Know we know how Julianna knows when
Al is around because she is his daughter.Lisa finally let's go of
the guilt,well I won't say anything else just read it,I know you will enjoy it.

It was a good story at describing Al's history, and I think that you both did a great job co-writing this episode. :) Great way to add plot development to a few of the characters. My only complaint is the usual one: not enough leaping-focus :(.

Of course, that's only my opinion, and it doesn't affect the way that you wrote your story, but rather is just a personal taste of mine. Everyone that I have read so far are pretty good at writing these stories, even if I don't always agree with the content.

I should probably shut up, before my compliment turns out any worse...

I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone's entitled to their opinions. I've been reading all of your "reviews," ohboy. :) It's actually a bit of a refresher course for me, because it's been so long since I've read all of these that I've sort of forgotten a lot of the stories. You seem to be more of a traditionalist when it comes to a leap, which is just fine. I'm curious what you'll think when you start to get to my stories in the 10th Season. When I write, I try to remain focused on the leaps for the most part, but sometimes you have to go outside those bounds when it comes to the more complicated aspects and character development, which the Virtual Seasons have a lot more of than the original series did. I'm especially curious as to what you'll think of the more serialized storylines that begin to develop in the more recent seasons (particularly mine, since they throw the QL world upside-down temporarily).

Damon

I never thought of the word "traditionalist" before, but that actually is the best word that one could label me with. I think part of it has to do with when I first started watching the show on ION, where it was edited in parts. The first episode cut straight to where Sam woke up, and omitted anything about Al finding out that Sam had leapt. I think that other omissions were made, probably for the reason of time. Therefore, the first time that they showed the project in that version was (I think) the beginning of season 4, when Sam returned home. Hence, it was a new theme to me that's still taking me some time to fully get used to.

I'm sure I'll enjoy reading the tenth season, and the episodes that you wrote in that and any other season. I've enjoyed all but one episode of the series up to this point (I'm sure you remember which one), so I guess I "prefer" the leap-focused episodes over the Al-focused episodes, though I can appreciate the fact that bringing the project into the mix shakes things up, and breaks the repitition.

Don't worry, I'll be sure to read and review all that you have written. :) I can honestly say that you've piqued my interest greatly with saying "throwing the whole QL world upside-down."

I truly enjoyed both of these episodes. Great story line. Loved how you brought in stories from the past--the original QL show and from the virtual seasons as well.

But I do have to say that I feel much the same as ohboy. I'll describe myself as a traditionalist as well.