QL Season 5

Craig

Project QL Intern
Aug 26, 2005
South Shields
Hey all (my first thread, and post wow!) Do you think they will include extras in the fifth season of QL when it reaches DVD?

Because I've been hearing and reading mostly on this site that there was a different 2nd ending to the Mirror Image episode and I was wondering was it filmed and if it was will it appear on the DVDs.

On another topic, but concerning DVDs why isn't there any features for 2nd and 3rd season! Because there is supposed features for the 2nd season so I was wondering if maybe these features are easter eggs?

And finally I didn't really mind all the music changes or the fact some of the eps wheren't in order. But they completely screwed up when they spoilt a great and important episode to the timeline of QL, I'm talking about MIA I couldn't believe how much different I felt about the ending of that episode without the original music. Oh well I suppose we have the region 2 DVDs coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey there, i'm a first timer myself to this board. Looks like we are in the company of some real nice folks. Sorry i don't have a response on the topic but i'm sure that season 5 will be as vanilla as 2-4. I get you on the MIA ending. Showed it to my girlfriend hoping she'd blub but there was nothing from either of us. Quickly i got my old eps out on video and fast forwarded to the end. Both of us in tears. It was sweet and embarrassing at the same time.

I highly doubt that season five will have any special features. I personally think that Universal is releasing the DVD's bare bones so that they can come back and release a special edition that has special features in the hopes that all the QL die-hards will need a new QL fix and buy the DVD's all over again.

As for the alternate ending, the one they did make is on the AL's Place Website @ http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/videolibrary/index.html Also, due to the fact that they didn't know whether or not QL would be picked up for a sixth season, there was an additional scene written that was never filmed.

This scene had Sam disappearing in the timeline again.Al tells Beth that he thinks Sam is in the future. They talk it over and Al decides to leap to Sam, making a stop-off at Al's Place to talk with the Bartender. The Bartender tells Al he will send him there but he would no longer enjoy the safty of being a hologram. Al says he doesn't care and leaps, into a woman that is being hit on in a bar.

The script is also on Al's Place here, http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/scripts/script_mirrorimage.htm

Welcome to the board Capn.

Didn't I hear that Mirror Image was just cut to the bone to fit it into the 48 minute timeslot and that vital scenes were left on the cutting room floor? I wish Bellisario or Deborah would publish the complete shooting script for Mirror Image.

BAAAAD Universal!!!!

Tom I think you are right about Universal. I have to wounder what they are thinking when they put these DVD together. I really wish they would get $$$ of the brain and give us what is due us. With out us where would Universal be anyway. Sorry I just a little upset :banghead if I think about it too much. I know that I have missed so much do to my age and noly getting to see the show aired in the last seasson.

Ps. I am still trying to find my way around AL's place. How do I get threads to show up on my email? I have one but I don't know how I got it. thanks for any help.
Julie

Last edited:
jmellissa said:
Ps. I am still trying to find my way around AL's place. How do I get threads to show up on my email? I have one but I don't know how I got it. thanks for any help.
Scroll back up to the top of this thread. On the right side there should be a dropdown menu 'Thread Tools'. Select 'Subscribe to this Thread' from the menu.

To automatically get an e-mail whenever there is a response to ANY thread you have participated in, go to 'My Settings' up in the navbar at the top and under Options .