CNN catches up with PQL

Wow! Lord, technology never ceases to amaze me... :nut

(What's that little, rectangular walkman for?) Yes, that's my first knowledge of an IPOD.

:eekwooooooooow!
Now I want to know how they managed to project it!!

- did they project it? Or was it just a 360 view for the screen?

i know i nearly woke my parents up (i live at home...i'm 27) when i saw it & started to yell "hologram"!!! my dad & i are science geeks...so it was hard not wake him up. he get excited the day after & my mom just, as usual, rolled her eyes & shook her head in disgust. (she's the artsy one)

It's been done.

Prince Charles was once projected as a hologram at a meeting about Climate Change (I think... it's in the Off topic discussions).

CNN was very misleading. Only those who watched this on TV could see this "hologram". Anderson Cooper could not see it in front of him while it was happening.

Last edited:
Avilos said:
CNN was very misleading. Only those who watched this on TV could see this "hologram". Anderson Cooper could not see it in front of him while it was happening. J

I wondered about that. I was trying to figure out how they could project it on stage in front of him. I guess Cooper did a pretty good job of faking it.

Don Bellisario was predicting the future when he and his fellow QL producers were making the time travel show. The handlink, for instance, is nothing more than a palm pilot that's linked to the net(in reality). The woman(interviewee) was in an imaging chamber, albeit much smaller.

Very neat indeed! :)

~Steve B.

Speaking of predicting the future, I wonder if he thought we would all be dressing like that in the early-mid 2000s. By that, I'm referring to some of those crazy looking outfits people wore when the current world was shown.

I guess Al didn't have such a big impact on our fashion sense in the early 90s as DPB hoped. :D

He also thought we would all have houses where the lights, TVs, stereos, etc., would respond to voice commands.