2005 Quantum Leap Fandom Awards

MikeKraken

Project QL Intern
Dec 20, 2002
Canada
mikekraken.canadianwebs.com
Many of you may recall last year's Quantum Leap Fandom Awards and I plan on running it again. Is there anybody who'd be willing to help me out? I need a design for the award (Brian did last year's) as well as people to be on the Awards Committee to help with voting. An odd number of people is preferred, so I need two or four others in addition to myself.

Anybody who wants to help out can contact me through PM or e-mail (MikeKraken[at]hotmail.com), or even post on the QLFA board at http://com2.runboard.com/bquantumleapfandomawards in the General Chat forum.

I hope that this year's awards will go a bit more smoothly than last year. :b There were a couple of snags and confusion about some of the awards, but there won't be any "All-time Favourite" categories since the 2004 QLFA was including most categories to be retroactive to the beginning of QL, but this year's will only be for 2005.

Anyway, anyone willing to help will be accepted! Thanks for your interest.

... Mike. ^_^
(post #45)

Please visit the link that Brian posted above and the forum to get a better idea of how it works... there is a FAQ section on the QLFA forum, as well as the full process of how things worked out last year (the 2004 awards).

The kind of things you can nominate are generally online -- about the only non-online thing is the Best Product award. It's mostly relating to fan-fiction, RPGs, audio plays (though there weren't any in 2005)... QL doesn't have very much in the way of other fan-created things like fan-art, unless someone could point us all in that direction!

Any suggestions for specific awards would be greatly appreciated as well. PLEASE post this all over on the QLFA board (the link is in my original message) instead of cluttering up things here. Thanks for your interest!!

... Mike. ^_^
(post #46)

Nomination period: now until March 4!

Greetings, Leapers!

The 2005 Quantum Leap Fandom Awards nomination period has started and will end on Saturday, March 4, 2006. Valid nominations include anything that is related to Quantum Leap that was created and/or updated during the 2005 calendar year. There are numerous categories, including fan-fiction, artwork, Web sites, and much more!

Please participate in the awards by going to the Runboard message board located at http://com2.runboard.com/bquantumleapfandomawards

Keep the Leap!

... Mike. ^_^
Chair of the Quantum Leap Fandom Awards Committee
(post #55)