Quantum Leap: Season 4 (R1) on DVD March 28th, 2006

ROCCOP

Project QL Intern
Sep 2, 2005
Long Island
Quantum Leap Season 4 DVD March 28th 2006

I just saw this posted on Amazon. Finally Season 4 on March 28th!

B000CQM4YM.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

--Rocco--

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonus or bogus?

I got an email that got me all excited announcing bonus features on the s4 release, but when I followed the link, was it interviews with cast? No
Was it out-takes? No
Was it anything vaguely QL related?
Well that depends on how you define vague I guess:

Quote: "The set will also contain a 30 minute featurette titled "The Great 80's TV Flashback," which will also appear on the third season of Murder, She Wrote, Charles In Charge and Gimme A Break!

Gimme a break indeed!

It does say that an episode from s5 will be on the dvd too, but no word as to which one.

Here is the link if you want to read for yourselves:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4707

leaper1 said:
I got an email that got me all excited announcing bonus features on the s4 release, but when I followed the link, was it interviews with cast? No
Was it out-takes? No
Was it anything vaguely QL related?
Well that depends on how you define vague I guess:

Quote: "The set will also contain a 30 minute featurette titled "The Great 80's TV Flashback," which will also appear on the third season of Murder, She Wrote, Charles In Charge and Gimme A Break!

Gimme a break indeed!

It does say that an episode from s5 will be on the dvd too, but no word as to which one.

Here is the link if you want to read for yourselves:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4707

I do believe this to be true, as Universal has also been promoting future seasons of other shows (for example Knight Rider and the A-Team) with a bonus episode from another season or another (Universal) show.

Personally, i believe this to be a nice gesture, as i've given up hope on QL documentaries and commentaries a long time ago.

I do wonder which episode it will be, as a great deal of episodes in that season wouldn't really fit as a single (bonus) release (Trilogy, Evil Leaper episodes, the final episode, LHO two-parter).

Features...

Grimlock said:
I do believe this to be true, as Universal has also been promoting future seasons of other shows (for example Knight Rider and the A-Team) with a bonus episode from another season or another (Universal) show.

Personally, i believe this to be a nice gesture, as i've given up hope on QL documentaries and commentaries a long time ago.

I do wonder which episode it will be, as a great deal of episodes in that season wouldn't really fit as a single (bonus) release (Trilogy, Evil Leaper episodes, the final episode, LHO two-parter).

First: Episode: I'd say it's gonna be "A Tale of Two Sweaties", or "Memphis Melody" or "Dr. Ruth". It could be possible that they put one of the "Trilogy", maybe the first, but I go more for "Memphis Melody".

Second: Awful features! Is that the reason why they're not releasing it in december? Oh, damn! "Just to shut them up and make them purchase, anyway", Universal says.

SamBeckettfann said:
man that sux, but its really no surprise, the other DVDs dont have any bonus stuff. plus the site that you got that from may have given false information unless it was an offical site of some kind.

But you know how notorious Universal, "the powers that be", or whoever at giving false information. Case in point--S2 R1...it says on the box that there are bonus features, yet there aren't any. Yeah, I know I did a topic on this, but im still bothered by it, lol.

Al's Cigar said:
And with the music replaced on R1, who'd buy it?

Those who don't have a choice, like me :wavey. I live in the US and dont have a free region player nor can afford one, lol.

Samantha Beckett

SamBeckettfann said:
thats not actually what they said was it?

Don't know, but you can always go to ask them out... Probably they won't care so much, though, but well, that's not so much of a surprise with this damn studio.

Al's Cigar said:
And with the music replaced on the R1, who'd buy it?

I guess that would be me. Frankly the music being replaced really doesn't bother me and I've probably only noticed where it's happened maybe once or twice. For the most part, for me, the music doesn't really matter as it only serves as a background for me and not an intergral part of the story. I want the DVD's to have the stories - not the music.

Yeah, it doesn't really bother me either, except when it comes to MIA. It's not the same without "Georgia On My Mind" and that really makes me mad :realmad!

Samantha Beckett

You know I just don't get it???? they "Universal" know that we will buy QL DVD's no matter how long we must wait. Even without any "real" bonus features.

How I long for them to be nice to us QL fans! But I know its not going to happen any time soon!!!!!!!!

Julie

jmellissa said:
You know I just don't get it???? they "Universal" know that we will buy QL DVD's no matter how long we must wait. Even without any "real" bonus features.

How I long for them to be nice to us QL fans! But I know its not going to happen any time soon!!!!!!!!

Julie

you know, there was an interview somewhere, i forget were with Scott talking abvut the forth season dvd, or something like that and he said that they had putn together some killer bloopers that the leapers would get a kick out of? or something along those lines.

Samantha_Beckett said:
But you know how notorious Universal, "the powers that be", or whoever at giving false information. Case in point--S2 R1...it says on the box that there are bonus features, yet there aren't any. Yeah, I know I did a topic on this, but im still bothered by it, lol.

That site is usually very reliable. Offcourse, they only publish what Universal tells them, but still. Also, this time around the extra's are specifically listed, whereas for Season 2 (R1) it was only vaguely mentioned on the packaging that there would be extra's.

jmoniz said:
I guess that would be me. Frankly the music being replaced really doesn't bother me and I've probably only noticed where it's happened maybe once or twice. For the most part, for me, the music doesn't really matter as it only serves as a background for me and not an intergral part of the story. I want the DVD's to have the stories - not the music.

Weird.:hair Especially as the music is so integral to the time travel element, creating mood and atmosphere and in one case MIA very important to the 'story'.

I'll be buying the definitive R2 release. Why shortchange yourself afterall? :heybaby

Do we know for a fact that the music on season 4 is going to be replaced with some of that elevator music junk like the other 3 seasons? I love the stories also, but the music I think is part of the stories. If the music is replaced I'll feel cheated but you know I'll still buy it.

Season 4 (R1) - bonus episode revealed

Quantum Leap: The Complete Fourth Season is a three-disc set ( 3xDVD18 ) with episodes presented in 1.33:1 Full Frame with English Stereo audio and optional English SDH and Spanish subtitles. Extras include an episode from Season 5 ("Liberation") and The Great '80s TV Flashback.

Samantha_Beckett said:
Eh, they could've picked a better episode from season 5 but thats great! My vote would've been for Killin' Time or something.

Samantha Beckett

Yes,the bonus episode of the fifth season is "Liberation",when Sam leaps into the life of Margaret Sanders who must prevent his daughter from getting killed in a violent protest.In my opinion,it's one of the best dramatic episodes.;)

DivadSB said:
Yes,the bonus episode of the fifth season is "Liberation",when Sam leaps into the life of Margaret Sanders who must prevent his daughter from getting killed in a violent protest.In my opinion,it's one of the best dramatic episodes.;)

Oh, i like the episode. I think it's a great dramtic ep as well with a good "moral" at the end (for lack of a better term, haha). I'm just saying there are better eps (in my opinion) that they could've picked. Well, Killin' Time is my fave ep of Season 5, and close to my favorite of the entire series, so I would've liked the "bonus ep" to be that so I could watch it all the time. LOL

Samantha Beckett

Too little, too late, if you ask me. Why bother by this point? But I still have hope that Season 5 will have some real features. Hopefully the series will wrap up the same way they brought it in on DVD.

McDuck said:
Same here!!

Black leather Al...... ;)

:disbelief Oh boy, here we go...:lol

Maybe Season 5 will have a behind the scenes thing where Don talks about what he really wanted to do with Mirror Image and maybe answer our questions about it...but I highly doubt it. I do have a question tho concerning the special features (again...this is like my 5th question abt them;)). Season 1 (who actually has some special features) says they have a "special message to all leapers"...what is it and where do i find it?

Samantha Beckett

Samantha_Beckett said:
Oh, i like the episode. I think it's a great dramtic ep as well with a good "moral" at the end (for lack of a better term, haha). I'm just saying there are better eps (in my opinion) that they could've picked. Well, Killin' Time is my fave ep of Season 5, and close to my favorite of the entire series, so I would've liked the "bonus ep" to be that so I could watch it all the time. LOL

Samantha Beckett

i love Liboration becasue not only does Sam have to be a woman and a mother, hes WIFE!

lol
Suzi: just do it mom

Sam(thinking) huh? (then notices hes holding a bra)
Ah! (flings bra into fire disgustedly)
lolol

and i especially love the end when the husband goes to kiss him and Sam's all *eww no no, get away....LEAP!* and then he leaps. lol
QLliberationkiss.jpg

:roflmao:

Last edited:
QL Nut said:
Too little, too late, if you ask me. Why bother by this point? But I still have hope that Season 5 will have some real features. Hopefully the series will wrap up the same way they brought it in on DVD.

I wouldn't get my hopes up if I was you. Universal have just announced the "extras" for Knight Rider Season 4 (the last season of the show) and all the extras the fans will be getting are K.I.T.T. blue-prints (that were already included in the S1 box set) and the "The Great '80s TV Flashback"-featurette (which is also going to be included on the QL S4, A-Team S4, Magnum P.I. S4 and Murder She Wrote S4 box sets). So, even an equally iconic show like "Knight Rider" won't be getting any extras for its last season, therefore I wouldn't expect any extras on the QL S5 box set as well.

One would think that Universal (who do have a great back catalogue of great TV-series) would actually put a lot more care into their releases, but they're clearly only in it for the money. I mean, a great, award winning series like Magnum P.I. without ANY extras so far?? This is a real disgrace.

Last edited:
Season 5 will have a bonus feature at the end of Mirror Image...

AFter the screen says Dr. Beckett never returned home there will be a link for Season 6 of the VS...

j/k