Old 05-22-2006, 04:53 PM   #1
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Default Alia?

Ok, i have a question about Alia.

Zoey: (evil leapers II) Lothos pull Alia out, now!

Zoey: (Evil Leapers III) She leaped out!
Thames: (evil leapers III) She didn't leap back, we lost her!

Alia: (evil leapers II) I had no choice Sam, they tortured me!

Sam: (evil leapers II) i saw you die?
Alia: (evil leapers II) it was worse than death!

The above lines, seem to suggest that When Alia completes a task, unlike Sam, she leaps back to her base, and then when Lothos finds her a new Assignment, they leap her out agian.

Zoey: (evil leapers I) This could be it Alia, this could be the one that gets you home, home Alia!

This line, however suggest that her leaping is the same as Sam's. that she just keeps leaping after every assignment. so i am confused, what is the real deal with her, what is it that is really happening to Alia when she finishes one task?

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 07:21 PM   #2
Al's Handlink
Project Observer

I always assumed that Lothos could direct Alia's leaps, and when she disobayed him, he pulled her back and tortured her. Then he made her leap again

Then, killing Sam, maybe be rewarded by being allowed to stop leaping
Al's Handlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 07:36 PM   #3
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

so she leaps by being pulled back to her base and then going to a new assignment from there?

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Old 05-22-2006, 08:17 PM   #4
Al's Handlink
Project Observer

No, I think that Lothos pulled her back to punish her. otherwise, she just goes from assignment to assignment
Al's Handlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:14 PM   #5
QL Nut
Project Observer

I agree with Tom. Not only that, but I also have no doubt that Zo?, Lothos and Thames never had any intentions of bringing Alia home, unless it was to torture her. Zo? just kept making false promises to motivate Alia to complete her missions.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:34 AM   #6
jmellissa
Accelerator Technician

May I ask when does the "evil leaper" come on QL? I have heard a lot about her (evil leaper) but have never seen those episodes. thank Julie
Old 05-23-2006, 09:28 AM   #7
bluedana
Accelerator Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellissa
May I ask when does the "evil leaper" come on QL? I have heard a lot about her (evil leaper) but have never seen those episodes. thank Julie
The episode are in the fifth season. They are "Deliver Us From Evil," and the two-parter, "Return/Revenge of the Evil Leaper."
Old 05-23-2006, 10:07 AM   #8
ziggysego
Observer's Aid

I don't agree, sorry people. Zoey tells Thames that she has 32hours to find Alia, for as they all know, after that it becomes increasingly difficult to return home.

I still haven't been able to figure out how Lothos was able to retrieve Alia after
Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
Deliver Us From Evil
and punish her.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:03 PM   #9
Don Quixote
Imaging Chamber Technician

Hmm regarding evil leaper control, the following quote sprung immediately to mind,

Zoe: "Dr Beckett's appearances follow the random event theory, just a magnificent stroke of luck, or a test to see if you have improved..."
Old 05-23-2006, 07:14 PM   #10
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedana
The episode are in the fifth season. They are "Deliver Us From Evil," and the two-parter, "Return/Revenge of the Evil Leaper."
yes, Deliver Us From Evil comes after Starlight Star Bright, and the last two come at neasrly the end of the season/series, after Blood Moon. you'll know when season five comes out jmellisa.

as for what the rest of you have been saying, it all makes a lot of sense.
However, i agree with Ziggys Ego, how is Lathos able to pull Alia back to punish her, when Ziggy, through many many tries has not been able to pull Sam back. arn't they practically the same, like paralles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlnut
I agree with Tom. Not only that, but I also have no doubt that Zoë, Lothos and Thames never had any intentions of bringing Alia home, unless it was to torture her. Zoë just kept making false promises to motivate Alia to complete her missions. 05-22-2006 07:17 PM
Chris, i disagree, well not entrely, i just have a little theory of my own. based on the line from Revenge of the Evil Leapers (III).

Thames: You were always the one HE wanted to carry out his evil plan

and especially this one from Return of the Evil Leapers (II)

Zoey: I'll kill you myself Alia!

i was consitering, that all along Zoey had been trying to get rid of Alia so that she could assume her position.

the second line i refered to, was the first time in which we hear Zoey going agianst Alia. the lines was "i kill YOU myself" not "ill kill HIM(sam) myself"
this suggests that the whole time she wanted both Sam and Alia dead the whole time not just Sam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don quixote
Hmm regarding evil leaper control, the following quote sprung immediately to mind,

Zoe: "Dr Beckett's appearances follow the random event theory, just a magnificent stroke of luck, or a test to see if you have improved..."
are you suggesting that Alia IS in fact purposly given assignments by Lothos?

-=-=-=-=-
Signature made by me.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:38 PM   #11
Don Quixote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Beckett Fan
are you suggesting that Alia IS in fact purposly given assignments by Lothos?
Yes it's a likely possibility. Lothos certainly does have more control over the leaping process than Project Quantum Leap does. But then Zoe has the power of manipulation over Alia.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:06 PM   #12
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Quixote
Yes it's a likely possibility. Lothos certainly does have more control over the leaping process than Project Quantum Leap does.
very good point. you could be right, after all progect evil quantum leap was bulid based on the ideas already created by Sam's quantum leap. so the evil leapers had more to work with and were able to figure out how to expand, possibly.

-=-=-=-=-
Signature made by me.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:22 PM   #13
MrVestek

You're working on fiction again there Sam Beckett Fan, it was never clarified how Project Evil Quantum Leap came to be in the series, only in fanfics.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:29 PM   #14
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

true, sorry about that
i must have been thinking about a theory my best friend and i talked about once. my bad.

-=-=-=-=-
Signature made by me.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:40 PM   #15
MrVestek

Yeah no worries. I like to think that the Project itself was started by the devil to counter act Sam's meddling after he toyed with him in *that* episode.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:18 PM   #16
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

that's actually really good.
the theory of my best friends and mine that i was refering to, is from the episode Star Light Star Bright. remember when Sam was at teh hospital being questioned by those government jerks under sodium anatol, and taping his answers. well it was never determined what happened to that tape so my best friend and i thought that maybe the evil leapers got a hold of it.

-=-=-=-=-
Signature made by me.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:06 AM   #17
leaper1
PQL Security Staff

Quote:
that's actually really good.
the theory of my best friends and mine that i was refering to, is from the episode Star Light Star Bright. remember when Sam was at teh hospital being questioned by those government jerks under sodium anatol, and taping his answers. well it was never determined what happened to that tape so my best friend and i thought that maybe the evil leapers got a hold of it.
I outlined a crossover story once where Mulder and Scully of the X files got ahold of that tape, but somehow I never got around to writing it.

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.(Leo Buscaglia) Helen in Bedford
leaper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 01:05 PM   #18
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

i have never seen the X Files but i think that still would have been a cool story.

-=-=-=-=-
Signature made by me.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:21 PM   #19
MrVestek

I've never seen the episode Starlight Starbright so I couldn't comment. That is.... haven't seen it yet :P
Old 05-25-2006, 10:36 PM   #20
Don Quixote

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVestek
Yeah no worries. I like to think that the Project itself was started by the devil to counter act Sam's meddling after he toyed with him in *that* episode.
Yeah I've always thought that. Maybe when the devil had hold of Sam, he was sapping his knowledge of Quantum Physics, or indeed allowed him to create Sam and the Project's opposite.

If Sam had have had the time, I think he would've developed Quantum Leap upto the control level of of the evil one. However it was nice to see PQL have an edge over the evil one in the episode "Revenge" as they were able to block their externals when Sam and Alia were on the run.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:18 AM   #21
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

i agree i loved that whole thing when Sam hypnotized Alia, that was really cool, and how Al feel into it too for a second, lol.

-=-=-=-=-
Signature made by me.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:37 AM   #22
LadyKayoss
Observer's Aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaper1
I outlined a crossover story once where Mulder and Scully of the X files got ahold of that tape, but somehow I never got around to writing it.
I like that idea! You should do it some day. Ah, X-Files and QL in one story... that'd make my day.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:04 PM   #23
Dman176

Quote:
A lot of fans think that could have been one of two possible theories surrounding the creation of the "Evil Leaper" Project; the other one is the handlink that accidentally got left behind in 1945 (when Sam and Al switched places). Actually, I came up with the same basic idea that you just mentioned in a VS story I wrote a while back, where Zo? leaps into Sam in the present almost immediately after returning home, in an attempt to destroy Project Quantum Leap from within:

Quote:
Thames looked down at his handlink, punched a few buttons, and answered, ?Well, you?re not gonna like this...but Lothos says you need to ?demoralize? the project?s computer. They call it ?Ziggy?!?

?Ziggy?? Zo? scoffed, remembering the name from earlier. ?That?s the name of Beckett?s hybrid computer? What the bloody hell kind of idiotic name is that??

?Beats the hell out of me! But whatever you do, you?ve got to make sure that ?Ziggy? doesn?t alert everyone that you?re not really Sam when it comes back online. And the only way to do that is by entering his clearance codes and overriding the computer?s safety and security protocols.?

?And how am I supposed to do that if I don?t have Beckett?s security codes?? Zo? asked with clear annoyance in her voice.

?Patience, patience, patience,? Thames replied with as much charm as he could muster. ?That?s what I came to tell you! It turns out Lothos was able to find the information we needed just by digging through some old government documents from the mid Sixties. Ever hear of Project Blue Book??

?Project Blue Book...? Zo? repeated. ?Something to do with the study of UFOs? What does that have to do with Beckett??

?Lothos found a recording of one Maxwell Stoddard made by two government officials associated with Project Blue Book, dated May Twenty-Fourth, Nineteen Sixty-Six. The old geezer revealed some very interesting tidbits under the influence of sodium pentothal. Just listen to this...? Thames pressed a key on his handlink, which played the audio reproduction of an interrogation conducted by Dr. Hardin and Major Irwin Meadows, their two voices alternating back and forth with the slurred voice of Max Stoddard:

?We are going to ask you a series of questions. You will answer all of them truthfully. Do you understand??

?Truthfully.?

?Let?s start with something simple...like your name.?

?...Saam...?

?Louder please.?

?Doctor Sssamuel Beckett.?

?Think you gave him too much??

?Do you know where you are??

?I?m in, erm... New Mexico.?

?What is the date??

?May First, Nineteen Ninety-Nine.?

?Tell us about yourself, Dr. Beckett.?

?Born Eight, Eight, Fifty-Three.?

?Terrific! He?s thirteen years old??

?Or a
hundred and thirteen.?

?Father?s name: John Samuel Beckett... Mother?s name: Thelma Louise Beckett... Social Security Number: five six three dash eight six dash...nine eight...zero one... Department of Defense...UMBRA clearance number: zero zero four dash zero zero two dash zero two dash zero one six...?

?Did you hear that??

?It?s a coincidence. He was in the service.?

?In World War
One! UMBRA is an operative code! Why do you need a clearance? Why do you need a clearance, Dr. Beckett??

?My project...?

?What is your project??

?Project...Quantum Leap...?

?This project studies unidentified flying objects??

?...Travel in time...?

?The old man was really Beckett!? Zo? realized with an evil grin. ?He blabbed everything?just like he did with my father forty years ago!?

?First rule of quantum leaping,? Thames lectured mockingly, ?never divulge top-secret information when truth serum has been administered into your bloodstream. You never know when it?ll come back and bite ya in the butt! Hah hah hahhhh!?

?Whatever happened to this Max Stoddard??

?No one in the government really took his claims seriously. They considered him a crackpot. Funny thing, though...the old man suddenly disappeared without a trace shortly after that ?interrogation.? The two men who questioned him claimed that he was ?willingly? taken aboard an alien spacecraft!?

?You can?t be serious!? Zo? practically laughed over the absurdity of such an idea.

Realizing the conversation was getting side-tracked, Thames continued, ?Well, anyway, the point is...we now have the codes needed to access Ziggy?s mainframe and lock everyone else out of main Control. When you first leaped in, Ziggy had just gone offline, otherwise we would have been found out almost immediately.
The full story can be found here:
http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/...on11/1101.html

Sorry, couldn't help but plug something I wrote.

Damon
Old 05-26-2006, 05:30 PM   #24
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

wow Damon thats really interesting, it might have even been a combination of the lost handlink and the tape. maybe the evil leapers got a hold of both somehow.

-=-=-=-=-
Signature made by me.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:02 AM   #25
jmellissa
Accelerator Technician

Just woundering is the same "devil" or "evil leaper" that took over Al in Boogie man the same one you all are talking about??