811 Life's Probability Leap

Life's Probability Leap

• 5 ? This is an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
Life's Probability Leap
September 24, 1999

Big Spring, Texas & Melbourne, Australia

Sam has leaped in to keep tragedy from befalling on the children of the Ware family. Sam has to find a way to keep them from making the wrong choices. Meanwhile, back in Australia, the evil project is coming to terms with what they need to do.

Written by: M. J. Cogburn

Our rating system changed this season and consisted of six raters and six back-up raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode. Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 9.1

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished reading this episode for the first time... an interesting leap and even more interesting goings on with Lothos's children. I'll definitely have to catch up on the whole season at some point.

... Mike. ^_^
(post #68 )

This is an interesting story for both sides. The Evil Leaper project doesn't seem to be like they are depicted in Quantum Retribution, it seems. By the way, I thought they were situated by the British Isles, not Melbourne, Australia?

Back on topic, I think this was a well-written episode, and I gave it a 4. Nice job!

This is an interesting story for both sides. The Evil Leaper project doesn't seem to be like they are depicted in Quantum Retribution, it seems. By the way, I thought they were situated by the British Isles, not Melbourne, Australia?
Heh heh, I knew this was gonna come up eventually. Well, I can't entirely speak for MJ (who wrote this episode), but seeing as I helped her work out some inconsistencies a few years back, I'll try to explain a few things.

Chronologically, Quantum Retribution premiered at the same time that Season 10 premiered. QR was originally conceived as a completely separate concept, based off of elements from The Virtual Seasons. So, in essence, they are actually 2 different timelines; in TVS, the evil project is set in the perpetual "present," while in QR, the evil project is set in 2021 (approximate year).

At some point, MJ and Eleiece decided to tie the two more closely together, but there were naturally inconsistencies between the 2 timelines. So, MJ and I worked out (miraculously) some weird way to tie together 5 seasons' worth of TVS stories and create a solution to the QR problem. It's not until the Season 11 two-parter "Give Me Liberty/Give Me Death" (which MJ and I co-wrote), so you'll have to wait a while to read it unfortunately.

The best way to think of it is like this, without giving away too much: the Quantum Retribution timeline is ultimately the end result (almost a quarter of a century later) of what happens in "Give Me Liberty/Give Me Death." QR and TVS tie in more closely together beginning with QR Season 3 and TVS Seasons 11 and 13 (I think). Saying any more might spoil it for you, so you might want to take your time reading QR (at least until Season 11). If you continue reading them all at the pace you're at, you'll probably be fine.

Hope that helps, ohboy. (I'll explain it in more detail after you read future stories.)

Damon