QL Marathon on NBC in Chicago today

Wrong Arturo

Project QL Intern
Aug 16, 2005
Chicago suburbs, IL
One of the NBC broadcast sub-stations in Chicago -- Channel5.2 -- is currently airing a Quantum Leap marathon. (It might be airing in other markets, too, but I'm not sure. I can only verify the Chicago listings.)

This could be a Memorial Day treat or they could be running QL every Monday. I've seen them program multiple episodes of other NBC Universal shows such as Magnum, P.I. and Murder, She Wrote. Since this is running until 4 am, though, I'm guessing it's a marathon for the holiday.

I believe this is the first time that QL has aired on broadcast TV since the series went off the air in 1993. It's bounced around to different cable stations since then, but not broadcast.

By the time I checked the listings, the marathon had been running for a few hours. They're currently showing "How the Tess Was Won," so I'm guessing they're just airing episodes in straightforward chronological order.

Happy viewing! And if you live in a market other than Chicago, please let us know if it's also showing there, too.

They're doing a QL Memorial Day Mathathon on the Cozi channel. I live in the L.A. area; I don't know what other areas might have that particular channel. They're planning to start showing QL on Wednesday and Saturday nights on Cozi also, but I'm not sure exactly when that's supposed to begin.

Thanks for the info, Michelle! Yeah, after I watched for a bit longer, I noticed that they were calling it the Cozi channel, too. I don't know if it's always an NBC affiliate or not. Everybody check your local listings! :)

It could be different for different areas and/or different cable companies. The stations that run old shows are probably associated in some way with the major networks that originally aired the shows. All the company ownership/affiliate stuff that goes on in the entertainment industry can be confusing.