Possible Sammy Jo Leaps

L

liggie

(To the moderator: This is more of a BLF post, but I was afraid of posting there due to the hacking. When things are settled, go ahead and move this there.)

I feel like having some fun, and we could all use a diversion. Let's say that a sequel series focusing on Sammy Jo is green-lighted (think positive!), and we were all hired as writers. What leaps would you put her in for the series?

Here are a few ideas I'd try out. Go ahead and say how horrible they are :) , and by all means add your own. Don't worry too much about plots; the fun is in imagining her "Oh, boy!" moments, like the ones Sam had.

Note: I'm not too sure what the ABLF writer has planned, but when I created this list, I pictured a mid-30s Sammy Jo leaping between roughly 1970-1995, helping regular people instead of celebrities or news figures, and unable to change big events like the space shuttle explosion (though they could be backdrops).

-- nun helping street kids
-- (male) high school football player
-- Dallas Cowboys cheerleader (1970s, when they first became popular)
-- nursing home patient/client
-- college basketball coach (witnesses players abusing steriods or drugs)
-- Southeast Asian "boat person" refugee (late '70s)
-- "Valley Girl" (early '80s, "fer sure!")
-- baseball fan in Candlestick Park during the World Series earthquake ('89)
-- political activist/lobbyist (Kiss With History: gets Monica Lewinsky her first internship)
-- female soldier in the first Gulf War ('91)
-- stripper (hey, if her father leaped into one ...?)
-- gymnast (witnesses teammates with bullimia)
-- geisha
-- televangelist ('80s; complete with big hair and outlandish wardrobe)
-- female professor at all-male military academy
-- teenage runaway
-- gangsta rapper
-- undercover police officer (leaps into a streetwalker disguise at first, but then stumbles into a more serious situation)
-- Catholic priest (male, of course)
-- LPGA golfer
-- farmer struggling with foreclosure
-- immigrant taxi driver in New York
-- ballroom dancer (assuming the actress can cut the rug decently)
-- rioter AND cop in '92 Rodney King aftermath (two-part episode; she leaps first into the rioter, and immediately after into the police officer dealing with the rioter)
-- "urban cowgirl" ('80s; remember mechanical bulls?)
-- Santa's Helper in a mall (yes, this would be a Very Special Christmas Episode)
-- Nashville country singer hopeful (assuming the actress can carry a tune)
-- panhandler
-- first female rabbi in a temple
-- bride whose wedding gets interrupted (a lighthearted episode: Sammy Jo leaps in at the altar, the priest says "Speak now or forever hold your peace", some guy bursts through the church doors and says "That woman is my wife!")
-- grunge rock singer (early '90s in Seattle; no natural singing ability required!)
-- cult member or leader
-- grade school teacher who can't control her students

Thanks, Michael L.

I just had a few crazy ideas... might have some more but wanted to write those ones down:

- Amateur figure skater in a competition (even if she doesn't know how to skate) who helps a girl get through some hard event (like a member of her family having just died, or dealing with an abusive coach)
- A judge or other know person in figure skating competitions who witnesses the French judge "accidentally" judge the Russian couple at Salt Lake City 2002 olympics to be olympics champions and reveals the corruption behind and allows the Canadian couple to be names co-Champions
- An egyptologist who tries to find out the location of the tomb of Ptah-Hotep II (major connection with the episode with Sam) and finds it thanks to inside information from Al.

I might add more later!

Have a nice day,

Clara

--reality show contestant (any show...preferably one with more of a game aspect -- Survivor, Amazing Race, or :yuck: Fear Factor)...imagine her trying to converse with Al with cameras following her non-stop. <g>

How about these

General Population of a Male prison
The middle of a high speed police chase
A person perpetrating a convenience store robbery
A Juror in a capitol Murder case
A Doctor in a busy ER
A NASCAR driver
A runner in a marathon
A fortune teller
A female wrestler

The possibilities are endless

I guess the possibilities are endless, but any idea I would have had was already stated. I have to say that I always wanted to see Sam leap into a gangsta rapper just to see how he could pull the whole thing off. (I always felt that was one good leap idea they never used.) With Sammy Jo being female, it would make things even more interesting... The school teacher leap is a must; something just like Dangerous Minds. The series borrowed a lot of concepts from movies (and usually they made a reference to whatever movie it was), so it would be ideal for the new movie/series to do the same.

I had another idea.

Sammie Jo leaps into the project just days before Sam origionally steps into the Accelorator.

Thinking she could stop him, she has to be told that Sam is her father to stop her from changing history

I know that idea is similar to a VS episode, but it would be a good way to intraduce her to the fact that she is Sams daughter