Leaping scenes at end of episodes

N

Nanotec89

I am watching the episodes of QL for the first time (mostly) and the leaping into scenes at the end of some of the episodes is somewhat inconsistant. At the end of "The Americanization of Machiko" he leaps into the black southerner from the first season. And the end of the last episode of season 1 is the beginning of Good Morning, Peoria. Is there something wrong with my DVD (of which i had technical problems) or is it something else.

If this topic has already been brought up, please humor me, i am still looking through the site.

Yes, this has been brought up many times in the past, but because most of those posts have vanished due to the ezboard hacker problems, it would be hard to find them. That's why we set up a Temporary General Discussion Forum toward the top, because most everything in this forum is damaged...

The episodes on DVD are shown exactly as they were originally shown on NBC during their first-run (except, of course, for the generic replacement music). Whatever leap-ending you see at the end of any given episode is the next episode that was aired on NBC. So, with the 2nd season, "Honeymoon Express" was the season premiere, followed by "Disco Inferno," then "The Americanization of Machiko," then the repeat of "The Color of Truth," then "What Price Gloria?" and so forth, and so on. Every season is going to have episodes that have repeat leap-endings. Likewise, some of the leap-ins to new episodes were only shown at the end of a repeat, so you won't see those when that occurs.

that confused me at first too when i first saw him leap from the maybe baby to the english teacher, but my best friend told me that it was because they reran alot back when it was first airing. like i guess before they came up with new episodes.

<hr />

hey i have a small question, and i figured i had better not waste a whole new thread for it. my best friend have been wondering, we seemed to have forgotten, what episode was it agian where Al calls Sam a "mintch" or "mink" or whatever the word was that meant good guy?

<hr />

"mensch" Yiddish for "good guy"---and I believe it was Thou Shalt Not....

no i think it was in season three, i remember Al was talking to someone, eaither that could see him, or he was pretending to talk to them as he often does. i remember i saw it just recently and now i forget. you could be right, except i can't check becasue i do not own season two.

<hr />

Every season is going to have episodes that have repeat leap-endings

Even season 5? It's rather disappointing they left on the DVD the same as the first re-run. Now I understand why in the A LITTLE MIRACLE ending they showed the leap-out as if Sam was going to be again at SEA BRIDE, instead of RUNAWAY. I never saw the first run back in 1989, when the show was still filming some episodes, but I saw a re-run in 1999 from season 3 and 4: In season 3, they put the correct leap-outs (Pearson to Butchie, and Butchie to the pregnant teenager), and, in season 4, when the JUSTICE leap-out to PERMANENT WAVE fills the whole screen with white, they just cut to the final credits without showing the next episode teaser, and the same happened with STAND UP and A LEAP FOR LISA (In this ep. I can imagine, why, due to the LEE HARVEY OSWALD ep., which is the 5th season opener). 5th season had all the following episodes on its leap-outs, as I remember.

I believe (even though I don't know so much about this bloody business) that Universal owns every re-run with the fixed following leap-outs once they finished filming the show after all, back in 1993. I also remember that the 1999 re-run of the whole episodes, had better image quality, so why the heck did they have to use the first bloody re-run? Maybe it has to be something with the bleeding rights of modernity (DVD: As this was discussed before about the music replacements) or any bloody thing like that.

I guess every show (not just QL) has the same problem. Just like "Star Wars: Clone Wars": They repeated episodes 22 and 23 every day about 2 weeks or so before they start showing ep. 24, because ep. 24 was in post-production. The same happens with Malcolm, and The Simpsons, and all the shows. It, perhaps, just affects QL, because (as I know, so far) this is the only show that has the next episode as the end of one originally aired. (I could be bloody wrong, though).

hey i have a small question, and i figured i had better not waste a whole new thread for it. my best friend have been wondering, we seemed to have forgotten, what episode was it agian where Al calls Sam a "mintch" or "mink" or whatever the word was that meant good guy?

The scene you're thinking of comes from the Season 3 Episode Nuclear Family. Sam, as Eddie Ellroy, shows Mrs. Klingman the bomb shelter. It brings back memories for of the the concentration camps during WWII and he ends off telling her not to spend her money on the shelter.

By the way, I'm new here. Not new to Quantum Leap, just the board. Quantum Leap has been a favorite of mine since its original NBC run

Re: new here

Welcome Julie, hope you'll love it here, I know I do.
It is a shame you came upon us in the midst of the ezboard fiasco, but once things settle back to normal I'm sure you'll find it an interesting and informative place full of fun people.
Have a Rodbeer on me! :cheers

Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to interesting discussion here.

I know what it's like to have problems like EZBoard is having now. I have a couple of improv websites that do and someone recently decided it was a good idea to go in and "hijack" a portion of one of them and leave some rather unsavory stuff.

Welcome, Julia! Wish you have an awful good time over here. It's always bloody good meeting another Leaper around the world! Wish there were more, what the heck! :evil :rollin :)

Even season 5?
Yeah, even the last season, but there were only 2 repeats that year. In some ways, it's even worse in Season 5 because one of the last episodes is leaped into twice in a row, due to it being preempted a couple of times. The NBC schedule got really screwed up toward the end; once or twice, as much as a month passed in-between new episodes, with no repeats to fill the gap (which probably should have been a pretty good indication that NBC was trying to phase the show out). I think a total of 3 episodes did not have the "proper" leap-in at the end (not counting the season premiere and final episode, because they did not have leap-ins at the end to begin with).