Totally OT, plea for help

leaper1

PQL Security Staff
Staff member
Sep 1, 2002
Bedford, England
I have a problem...
Is there any way I could prevail upon the good nature of any of my kind American friends at Al's place?
My daughter Becky is an avid collector of Ty Beanie Babies - she has over 400!
We have a few good sources in the UK, and have obtained a number direct from Ty over the net (and a couple from e-bay)
However, when we order from Ty, we end up paying double the purchase price in post and packing, plus duties and so on, so that a beanie costing $5 ends up costing us nearly $20 (plus exchange charges) This seems to be a bit of a rip off to us, and with the number of US exclusives he keeps releasing, it is getting very expensive.
Don't get me wrong, I am willing to pay cost and post, but would rather not pay 'through the nose'.
If anybody out there with a Ty retail store nearby could see their way to get hold of a Ty Punkie called T-bone (a shaggy cow!) I would gladly reimburse their expenses - either by cheque or in cash dollars. (e-mail me if you can help and I'll give you my address)
Aside - we recently bought an i-Mac strawberry shell through e-bay (basically three large bits of colored plastic) Not only did p&p treble the price, but because the seller listed the value as $100 on the insurance, (when we paid about $37) we had to pay a further ?20.88 in customs duty. Some bargain that turned out to be!
Of course, you can always say - damn cheek, get lost! and I'll understand.

Re: t-bone

Becky has now managed to track down one of these elusive beasties, so kindly disregard the original post! >D