take action!

Nothing

Project QL Intern
Ok I'm sick of this. The Sci Fi channel posted something on their site about a Quantum Leap telefilm back in 2002, and we've been clinging to hope ever since. Then this guy, Trey Callaway comes along with a proposed script for a brand new series. Furthermore Don Bellisario gets involved, Dean Stockwell starts telling people he's connected to a new series of Quantum Leap, its all finally happening and then what? Suddenly no one knows nothing about nothing. In a recent radio interview Scott said that he is'nt connected to anything rearding a new series of QL, nor does he know of one being developed.
We can go around in circles for another ten years whining about how great it would be blah blah, and lets face it, if we don't get the series now then there's no chance of Scott and Dean being onboard in the future. The heirarchy of t.v exects simply are'nt going to use two guys in the twilight of middle age.
Surely, there is some way we can have a last stab at getting the ball rolling, showing our interest, something! A petition, I know it's been done before, but lets do it again! If anyone has any suggestions on how to get this started, let me know, I'm up for it. Phill Webster.

hey all! i'm a new member but quantum leap is amazing!!!!!!! We need a petition!!!! BRING BACK QUANTUM LEAP PLEASE!!!! IT CAN'T JUST BE LEFT WITH THE ENDING ON MIRROR IMAGE-SAM NEEDS TO GET HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've done the petitions. We've done the emails. We've done the letters. We got Bold Leap Forward and we have to hope that somewhere down the line that this project will still happen. I am sure it will, but we will all have to have a little patience.

Better to wait for a good project, than to rush and get something which pales in comparisons to our Quantum.

Agreed, Yeah we'd all love a new version of QL but if it turned out to be second grade rubbish i'd find the dissappointment unbearable, after waiting so long for new QL and having our hopes dashed away.

Also, I could not imagine QL without Scott or Dean (Well at least as cameos or bit-parts) so what if it turned out to be just not really that good? Ooof.

You're preaching to the converted here. All of us want to see a QL continuation - as long as it has Scott and Dean, rather than some new, young, popular actors in their roles. We've been waiting a loooong time. Anyone want to form a mob and hunt down Bellisario? :)

I have mixed feelings about a newer QL series. I mean, if the origonal people were involved in it, it'd be great and fun. BUT, if it was a Sci-Fi channel origonal series type thing and NO ONE who was origonally involved were, than it would suck.

That channel tends to ruin everything. :( *Shakes an angry fist at the Sci-Fi Channel leaders*

I'm in agreement that a QL without Scott and Dean (and various supporting cast members) wouldn't be the same, but I can't agree with Joy's contention that SciFi "tends to ruin everything." I'm a HUGE fan of the new Battlestar Galactica. That re-do put together the right visionary producer, writers, performers...I just LOVE it. So if a new QL came about in another 10 years with new people, I'd probably take a look, out of curiosity if nothing else.

While a cameo by Scott/Dean on occasion would be great, Dean especially is getting on in the years. A new fresh cast (like they were when QL first aired) is what the series would need to capture a new audience. I'd watch it. I'd give it a whole season's chance to be fair before dismissing it.

When I first watched QL in '89, I didn't know who Scott or Dean were. I loved the premise for the show and the characters. If a couple of new faces could bring that kind of chemistry to the show again, I'd be in.

Chemistry is the key. If, and this is a very big IF, they can find a duo with chemistry like Scott and Dean had, I'd give it a chance....ONLY....

ONLY if they do a TV movie first with Scott and Dean resolving Sam leaping. Solely focusing on that and devoting a *great* deal of time to that and THEN introducing the new series in say the last half hour or so.

I agree wholeheartedly: I could handle a new show with new characters that was well done - as long as we get some closure for the original series!

Nothing,
I do agree with you and the others who have posted here. Something needs to be done, and yes, even Trey Callaway tried to do something even though it somewhat destroyed the timeline.... won't go into details.

In my humble opinion, I believe that how they need to do it is how Jennie (McDuck) was talking about it. Beginning it with Al and Sam... even at the age that they are... bringing Sam home and somehow in the process moving it on to where the next group takes over. That would be okay with me.

I just don't want to see the same thing that they did to Battlestar Galactica. Turning male characters into female characters and/or vise versa to get ratings. I mean, come on. It was good when it came out the first time, don't screw with things that were once great! It makes following it a nightmare.

I am going to lay the blame on this happening on only one person's footsteps.... and I hate to do it... because I look up to the man and his ideas and imagination. However, I do blame Don. I can't help it, but it's true. I lay it down at his feet. Here's to hoping that he'll pick it up and end it correctly.

Just my thoughts on this topic....
MJ

I agree with what everyone's said also. An introduction with Scott and Dean would be alright with me too. And to be honest I think that's probably what we'll be lucky to get if a new series ever happens. As Ziggy'sEgo pointed out, that tends to be the way that new show's go when introducing a re-vamped series. By the way, I'm trying to start yet another QL group on myspace, with this being the starter topic. Please join if you have a myspace account as I think that anything promoting interest for the new show is worthwhile! Here's the link:
http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=groups.groupProfile&groupID=103850500&Mytoken=D0C87170-2A1D-41C4-80A157955068CCF543467440
Or then check my profile and add me then I'll send you a member request:
http://www.myspace.com/phillwebster