Happy Birthday tina_als-girl

Thanks guys. I'm just chillin' today. The weather has been ucky the last few days, so it's gloomy and wet out right now. But that's alright. It won't be long 'til I'll have the latest episode of Doctor Who to view, so 's'all good.

Sounds like you had a nice time! :) I moved away from my family last year with my boyfriend who's in the military. I spent my birthday away from them this year (today actually). It just doesn't feel like a birthday without family. :(

Happy birthday, Heather!

Yeah, birthdays are definitely different without family. I feel fortunate that I'm only a 3-ish hour drive from them (minus those still living in California). The difficulty lies in that I don't have a driver's license nor car, so I rely on others to get me there and back. So every day I'm able to spend with them is a treasure well-cherished.

Sounds like you had a nice time! :) I moved away from my family last year with my boyfriend who's in the military. I spent my birthday away from them this year (today actually). It just doesn't feel like a birthday without family. :(

Happy Birthday Heather! :cheers

Happy (belated) birthday to both of you! Many happy returns. :sing

Happy Birthday Heather! :cheers

Thank You! :D

Happy birthday, Heather!

Yeah, birthdays are definitely different without family. I feel fortunate that I'm only a 3-ish hour drive from them (minus those still living in California). The difficulty lies in that I don't have a driver's license nor car, so I rely on others to get me there and back. So every day I'm able to spend with them is a treasure well-cherished.

Thanks!

Oh, that would be a bummer. I'm glad you have people who will take you to see your family. I hope to end up in San Diego someday, maybe even the end of the year (depending where the Navy sends us). My family is only about an hour and 15 minutes from San Diego, so that would be absolutely awesome. I miss California. I miss my nieces and nephews too, I don't want them to forget me or grow apart from me :( I can't wait to see my family again, haven't seen them since Christmas.

My cousin's in San Diego right now with the Marines. He gets shipped to Afghanistan later this year.

Though I used to live in Cali, I never have made it to San Diego. On the whole, I really don't miss living in California; the Mid-West has been very kind to us. I do wish I could get back there to visit sometime soon, though. It's been far too long.

I hope your cousin comes back safe and sound from Afghanistan. I'm nervous that my guy will be shipped out at some point.

San Diego is BEAUTIFUL, my favorite city in America, for sure. Where did you live in California?

I was born in Santa Clara, then when we moved back from Colorado two years later, we lived there again and then in Milpitas, and finally we lived 2 1/2 years in Fresno before moving out to Missouri when I was 8. I still have some family in Fresno and Bakersfield.