Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2003, 12:32 PM   #1
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

Default 215 Her Charm

Her Charm
September 26, 1973

Boston, Massachusetts ? The Berkshires

As an FBI agent protecting a very annoying yet beautiful woman (Dana), Sam must protect her from being killed by a jealous criminal, Nick, who will stop at nothing. However, there is an inside man tipping Nick off to the whereabouts of Dana. But who is it?

Teleplay by: Deborah Pratt & Donald P. Bellisario
Story by: Paul M. Belous & Robert Wolterstorff and Deborah Pratt & Donald P. Bellisario
Directed by: Christopher T. Welch

Rate and comment on this episode!

Last edited by Dman176; 07-29-2005 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Adding additional information
alsplacebartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 08:44 PM   #2
RossBeckett
Project Observer

First of all let me clarify my identity. I used to be(actually still am) "RayBeckett" a global user. That was before Damon pointed out to me that I could still use "RossBeckett" as a global sn. I am very sorry for any confusion. Okay, so back to my review:

I thought this was an excellent episode because I loved how we went through almost the entire episode thinking that the guy in the waiting room was a good guy until near the end Dana sees "the matchbox" that gives away his real identity. And to have Sam killing Nick; great move! I think this episode is in 3rd place next to Lee Harvey Oswald(second) and Mirror Image.

~Steve(aka ROSSbeckett)
Old 10-05-2005, 10:29 PM   #3
Vince Beckett
Pulse Communications Technician

This was exciting. You don't know who's tipping off Nick until toward the end, when it's Sam (or his host)
Old 02-03-2006, 06:28 PM   #4
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

loved everything about this episode

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:01 AM   #5
isz
Assistant to Gooshie

I found this episode a little bit more then Avarage.So it's good enough for me to say the episode was good,especially because i really liked the end- when we hear that Dana merried Sam's prof' ,and just before Sam's leaping the prof. Arrives and Sam trying to tell him he's Sam Beckett but before he's telling him his name he's leaping out...
Old 08-30-2013, 04:40 AM   #6
Donofrio_QLTD
Control Room Technician

Very good episode. Loved the interaction between Sam and Dana. It was almost as if Donald had written all the Sam dialogue and Deborah all the Dana one. They acted like a true couple, even though they were not. My favorite part was after Nicky dies: His watchdog picks him up and tells him "why di'n't you LISTEN to me?!" and then goes away with the body in his arms. Powerfull stuff. Another favorite line from the watchdog: "Gramma's are old 'cause they're smart!" Liked that guy a lot, even if he was on the wrong side.

The character of Nicky himself was a bit over-the-top at times, which made him funny and not menacing at all (you're obviously able to tell his destiny from miles away) and for some reason I was never too crazy about the whole "she's gonna marry profesor LoNigro" stuff, but otherwise it was a good and very entertaining story, even if the suspense fails a little.

My rating: Good.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:16 AM   #7
Lightning McQueenie
Project Observer

Why did this episode have different clips/different order during the theme song?
Old 09-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #8
blue enigma
Accelerator Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueenie View Post
Why did this episode have different clips/different order during the theme song?
At some point didn't they change the clips, etc. that played during the opening theme? Maybe this is the episode where that happened. I believe on both the DVDs and Netflix the early episodes have a very different opening. When Scott Bakula's name flashes across the screen it's over a still from 'Play It Again, Seymour'. In the later montage it's over a still from the episode 'Justice'.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #9
Lightning McQueenie
Project Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue enigma View Post
At some point didn't they change the clips, etc. that played during the opening theme? Maybe this is the episode where that happened. I believe on both the DVDs and Netflix the early episodes have a very different opening. When Scott Bakula's name flashes across the screen it's over a still from 'Play It Again, Seymour'. In the later montage it's over a still from the episode 'Justice'.
Yes, I'm pretty sure it was this one. But for some reason, it only occurs in this one >_<
Old 10-22-2017, 06:39 PM   #10
MO
Pulse Communications Technician

Excellent episode. Very suspenseful, keeps you wondering until almost the very end. I love how Al had such a big part in helping Sam right before and at the climax. The urgency in his voice when he's telling Sam to shoot Nick was very well played. Also the bit with Nick's (friend?) (father?) sadly carrying his body away.

I didn't really get the point of Dana ending up marrying the professor, though. That was kinda "out there."

Oh, and Sam's host's watch? I have one just like it. Got it probably when QL was in its original run.