Getting To Know Eachother

That's what we do. My great-grandma used to collect glass bottles from the 1800's on. When she died Mom inherited them all and saved the ones that survived.

We also have a collection of school books from the 1800's.

You can always save them for sentimental reasons and pass them on down to your children.

Thats a good idea.
I had never given it much thought, its been a while since ive got them out.
I might have to dig out all my beano comics too.

I don't really have anything really old and valuable that I can sell. Maybe in many, many years to come and my drum kit has been passed down quite a fair few generations, that'd be worth something.:\

Sam's Crow said:
I don't really have anything really old and valuable that I can sell. Maybe in many, many years to come and my drum kit has been passed down quite a fair few generations, that'd be worth something.:\

Keep your old video games. For example, I have Mega Mans 1-6 for the original NES. That alone, in a set, would be worth a good amount. Especially wtih how quickly video games become obselete.

Ohboy is right, if they're in good condition they'll be worth quite a bit to a collector some day. People collect all sorts of things and I've seen buttons sell for hundreds of dollars.

It just goes to show that one person's junk is another person's treasure.

ohboy said:
You could pass them down as a family heirloom. That way, they become even more valuable with age. I know somebody who has an extensive Coca-Cola collection, with bottles from almost every decade. I'm sure thats worth a lot as well.

No no..... give them to me!!! You know what I have in my shed (attick equivelant) scrapbooks of Princess Diana pictures cut out of magazines and then i moved on to Duran Duran, i've got loads of Duran memorabilia!

It takes time and we come into it on our own. I jumped around from thing to thing constantly until I settled and became an artist. I wanted to go through med school but couldn't afford it so I went into art.

Full name: Bethany
Job: Last year of high school
How I came across this site: My sister
How I came across QL: My mum
Favourite music: I enjoy a variety of music including some classical music, Tracy Chapman, Iron Maiden, Metalica, Johnny Cash, Josh Groban, Led Zepplin, Eric Clapton...
Favourite films: Haven't the foggiest, don't watch much stuff
Favourite books: I love reading, recently I read Chinese Cinderella, Out, The Taking and I am currently reading A Tale of Two Cities.
Interests: I'm a very artistic person - I actually did my art GCSE two years early and got an A :D . Yay me. I love writing stories and poems and songs and stuff. I am classically trained in guitar and play a little bit of piano too. (I'm actually getting an electric guitar for my birthday which I am anxious about, I can't even hold a plectrum properly. -_-')
Other: The same as my sister I also want to be a teacher. I'll probably teach english but I'm not too sure yet.