601 Double the Leap, Double the Danger

Double the Leap, Double the Danger

• 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
The first episode of The Virtual Seasons?where we keep the Leap going!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~​

Double the Leap, Double the Danger
October 25, 1998

Denison, Texas

After putting Al's life back together in "Mirror Image" and the blue light of Leaping fades, Dr. Sam Beckett finds himself in a leap complicated by an emotional situation.

As sixteen-year-old Ryan Dutcher, Sam feels hobbled by the family situation surrounding him. Unable to cope with the emotional whirlwind dogging his every thought, he slowly loses contact with Al and the Project. How can he save himself as well as Ryan's family and schoolmates from certain destruction without an Observer to guide him?

Written by: A. J. Burfield & M. J. Cogburn

Our rating system consisted of one person. At that time, the story was rated as an 8. (This was a good story. It is a good read.)

This is your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited by a moderator:
I have read this story some time go,but enjoyed it really well for 1st episode of the QLVS.It holds a suprise for 1 of the projects member.I it thought was written real well and put togeher great.

OMG!! I JUST joined this group, but have been a QL fan since I was about 12, and watching re-runs. This episode alone, gave me so much closure on Sam and how things went after Mirror Image. The first time I saw Mirror Image, I cried like a little baby. I was inconsolable for about a week. I was depressed, and could not believe how they had ended this amazing show. This Virtual episode was FANTASTIC. Thank you for not letting QL die with Mirror Image. I love this site and I can not wait to read more episodes!

MeghaMeghan said:
OMG!! I JUST joined this group, but have been a QL fan since I was about 12, and watching re-runs. This episode alone, gave me so much closure on Sam and how things went after Mirror Image. The first time I saw Mirror Image, I cried like a little baby. I was inconsolable for about a week. I was depressed, and could not believe how they had ended this amazing show. This Virtual episode was FANTASTIC. Thank you for not letting QL die with Mirror Image. I love this site and I can not wait to read more episodes!

That's about how I felt... I was so traumatized, I just sulked around in my room for awhile afterward, and for awhile, I couldn't bear to watch the reruns because it just made me sad all over again. There aren't many TV shows that make me that emotional.

I warn you, though, some of these VS episodes are going to make you wish that QL was still on TV, because they give you an idea of what the show could have done if it had continued.

I'm finally getting to the plot-intensive epic story arcs you guys have come up with, and some of them have me at the edge of my seat (and make me glad I found these late so I can continue on reading, rather than have to wait for the next story.) These are the fics that make me wonder what the TV show would have come up with next. I'm especially enjoying the background you're giving Lothos and his crew; I'll definately have to start on QR when I'm done with VS.

I just started to read the VS from the beginning for the first time, and this was a GREAT way to start it off. It was good timing for me too, because I just finished a QL novel by Ashley McConnell who writes the stories as Sam's mind leaping, not his body. So, ti was like a continuance of what I just read. :D

Samantha Beckett

Samantha Beckett said:
I just started to read the VS from the beginning for the first time, and this was a GREAT way to start it off. It was good timing for me too, because I just finished a QL novel by Ashley McConnell who writes the stories as Sam's mind leaping, not his body. So, ti was like a continuance of what I just read. :D

Samantha Beckett

Her books left me confused, when it came to the mind-leaping. When I started reading the QL novels, I'd seen barely any episodes, but I had seen enough to know there was something wrong there. I'd just assumed I'd mis-remembered, until the episodes began airing again. Most of the VS stories go with the body-leaping, just to warn you - but Sam does a lot of psycho-synergizing, so he often suffers the host's problems.

Pretty much every episode from this point on goes on the basis that Sam's body leaps. I actually did try to address this "inconsistency" in Part 2 of my first VS story, "Second Genesis," because Sam gets caught in a temporary time loop when he "re-leaps" into Tom Stratton and "merges" with his past self. I compared that situation with this one:
?It?s like when Dad leaped into the identical twins a few years back. His body and soul were split in two to accommodate having two hosts. The twins were temporarily merged in the Waiting Room. And Dad?s two halves were ultimately merged back together again after the leap. This isn?t that different really, if you think about it.?
And if you really want to get confused, be sure to read the 2-part "Cross Currents" toward the end of Season 9. Think Freaky Friday meets Quantum Leap and you get a good idea of the bizarre mess that Sam and the leapee find themselves in. ;)

Damon

This story is a great way to start the virtual seasons off. The mind merging between Sam and his host is stronger than with Lee Harvey Oswald. The timing for the release of this story is appropriate with the school shooting happening around that time.

I have just started to read TVS and I thought this episode was a great way to start off the series, I enjoyed it to the end and even lost hope! The tension builds a lot towards the end and I thought that it was great and can't wait to finish the next one and catch up with TVS

Well, almost one year after I joined this forum, I finally got around to reading the first episode. I really enjoyed it, and I liked the suspense factor between having to save Sam. Plus, I think that it worked well, not only for the episode for the introduction to the virtual series itself, to bring a lot of attention to the project itself. I think you did a great job in giving the reader an idea of the main characters involved in the project. Well done!

I can't wait to read the next episode.

I just read my first VS Story. Wow, what an excellent cotinuation of the Show. Twins were an excellent idea and I liked that Sammy Jo was a big part of this story.
would be awesome if this was watchable on tv :)

I'm just making my way around Al's Place and finally brought my attention to TVS. I truly enjoyed this first story and am so pleased that the virtual seasons exist. Can't wait to keep reading!

I have to say that I rated it a 4 only because I missed Sam's thoughts in this leap. Because he was merged with his hosts so much we weren't experiencing Sam's reactions/thoughts.

The Sammy Jo angle was brilliant!

Can't wait to read more!