What's the meaning behind the episode "Mirror Image&quo

C

Chase Edmunds

What's the meaning behind the episode "Mirror Image&quo

Hey...I'm new to the board and a big fan of Quantum Leap and I'm sorry if somebody has posted this thread (which I could put money on the fact that somebody already has)...but I was wondering if anybody could shed some light on the meaning behind the episode Mirror Image. I think that it's a look back over Sam's life....kind of like "Dr. Sam Beckett...This is your life!!!" Does anybody else have anykind of ideas about this?

-Chase Edmunds

Re: What's the meaning behind the episode "Mirror Image

There are all sorts of ways the episode can be interpreted and this has been a subject of MUCH debate over the years.

I have a page dedicated just to that episode here: www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/mirror.htm

Be sure to look for "The Mirror Explained" essays link on the page for several essays on what Mirror Image means to certain people, including one by myself.

Welcome to the board!

Yeah, I think it was a little of that, but mostly about Sam himself and what compels him to do what he does. The Bartender wanted him to accept that he was in control of his own life and that the decision is ultimately Sam's whether he wants to continue leaping or not.

Sort of the eternal question: does the need to go home outweigh the need to help others who are less fortunate? In the end, I think Sam "sort of" realizes that there are still many others who need his help and as long as that's the case, it would be selfish of him to go home. Just my two cents on the subject.

I wrote a Guestvision article about this about a year ago, I think, which goes into more detail about my opinion.

By the way, cool name, Chase. You a fan of 24, by any chance? ;)

I am a HUGE FAN of 24!!! It's one of my favorite TV shows. I never miss an episode!!! Are you a fan? If you are ever on the 24 message board...my name on there is Alex Cross. I think I'm going to start a 24 thread on here.

-Chase Edmunds