Question about the UK releases

Manifan

Project QL Intern
Aug 15, 2005
If this has already been asked, I apologize...but I was wondering if the UK releases have the original music, or have they been butchered too? I know Ally McBeal was released in a Region 2 format with all original music intact, and I was hoping the same might hold for QL, as well. If not, why? I understand that the copyright laws are much more lax in the UK than they are here.

UK DVDs

I'm afraid we cannot answer that question yet, since to date they have only released Season One over here, which was okay anyway.

I believe Season 2 is due for release sometime in November, but I am not holding my breath for it to have original music.

I'll let you know as soon as we have any news.
How many of you guys could play region 2 DVDs if they were the real deal?

I'd be willing to obtain and send copies, but I'd need full costs to be covered naturally.

Thanks, Helen, for the offer. If it turns out that QL is intact in the R2 releases, it looks like I'll be getting a multi-region player so I can get the disks. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Wow...I've been doing some research and this looks legit. First of all, The Season 2 UK release is 6 DISCS as opposed to the US double-sided three. Also, from what I'm reading, copyright laws are not enforceable in foriegn countries such as the UK, therefore the music should be intact - as it was on the Ally McBeal release. However, it looks like the R2 Dawson's Creek DVD's did still suffer from the music problems, but that may be because the producers of the show hand picked new music to replace the copyrighted tracks. Perhaps they were happy enough with their decisions. So it looks like it really could go either way. If it's good news, I think everyone on this sight may have to invest in a multi-region DVD player. Maybe the website can buy a truckload of players in bulk for a cheaper price and we can save some money.:heybaby -J.J.