Anybody ever been to Cokeburg, PA?

spaceflight101

Project QL Intern
Aug 12, 2005
Hello;
I live about 30 miles from Cokeburg, and as I rode through this little town I wondered why no one ever thought to open up "Al's Place" there. Cokeburg is about five miles north of the intersection of US Route 40 and PA Route 917. If you want, I will ride back there again and take some photos and e-mail them to the admin of this board.

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:
spaceflight101 said:
Hello;
I live about 30 miles from Cokeburg, and as I rode through this little town I wondered why no one ever thought to open up "Al's Place" there. Cokeburg is about five miles north of the intersection of US Route 40 and PA Route 917. If you want, I will ride back there again and take some photos and e-mail them to the admin of this board.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave,

I'd love to get some pics of the real town! Please send anything you can to bartender@quantumleap-alsplace.com

Looking forward to it!

The closest I've been to Cokeburg was on Pennsylvania State property(I-70) on my way to Cincinnati, OH. It would be nice to see pics of Cokeburg. I'm all for that. I'm not sure if I'll ever get a chance to go there though.

Steve
RossBeckett

P.S. I will be Internet deprived for a while starting next month or possibly earlier(maybe late this month) as I'm going to be moving to Ohio(vicinity of Cinci). Notice my location which is right now 2 places. I'm still in CT right now. I hope I'll be back in time for September 30th for the season premiere of TVS! :)

Hello, everyone;
I am back from vacation, and Professor, you're right! You need to go on US 40 East, and turn left at the intersection with PA 917. Cokeburg is a few miles ahead on the left.
For those of you traveling on Interstate 70, look for the Bentleyville/PA 917 exit, and follow the signs.
I will probably go there next weekend, since today will be "recovery day" from a week at Myrtle Beach.
Thanks again;
Dave

http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/mediapages/cokeburg.htm

Hi, everybody!
Brian put up this really nice page with my photos and travelogue from my motorcycle ride to Cokeburg and Marianna, PA. Make sure that you check out all of the really great links as well. It will give you some fascinating trivia, like the fact that there really was a mine explosion in Marianna in 1908, and that one man survived the blast. And there really was a Captain Z-Ro Tv show.
Something else that you find out is that time has not been kind to these little coalfield towns. Marianna, for instance, has only one road in or out, the other road is currently under construction. I'm sure that once upon a time, Cokeburg had two roads, now the one you see is the only way in or out. There are no historical plaques to tell the stories of these towns, only old newspaper clippings which, thanks to the Internet, no longer sit yellowing in a dusty drawer. Little towns like Beallsville, Fredricktown, Coal Center, now belong to the past. I am honored that a short trip on a motorcycle and a digital camera can bring these images to all of you.

Dave