Al's Daughters.

isz

Project QL Intern
Jun 4, 2007
Jerusalem,Israel
I remember i read a messege here that mentioned the names of Al's 4 Daughters we first heardm about in the end of "Mirror Image" but i can't find the messege so...Does anyone know their names?(BTW how old would they be in Al's present in 1999 in the end of the episode - "mirror Image".

There were no names mentioned in the show so whatever you saw would have had to be not canon. Sorry I have never seen anything though this is the first I am hearing of it.

What's in a name?

There have been several different suggestions regarding the names, but as SBF says, none of them are canon.

One suggestion was that they ''inherited" the names of the ex-wives, which some people love and others hate as an idea.

The VS stories here have given them different names and back-stories (for example the youngest - I think, if memory serves, Christa, has a heart condition.)

Basically, fan writers can call them what they like, as long as they tie in if it is shared authors like the VS.

Yeah they don't have names, thats up to fanficers. for example My BFF Kristen gave them names for a little story she wrote and the only one I can tell you right now from memory is Donna-Beth which I think you can guess what two beautiful women inspired it. And she also wrote one of the daughters as a chip off the old Block; having had five spouses like daddy hehe. She came up with an entire Beckett and Calavicci Family tree and one marriage even ended up resulting in the two families becoming one(well literally I mean as they were already a family by means of thier hearts). Its really a good story she got from a line on Fates Wide Wheel the extended version from the soundtrack. Although its also sad. Oh and I helped a little I wrote a scene for her. :)

Getting back to the daughters, I also had an idea of my own. In M.I.A at the beginning Sam is at his locker getting back into his mans clothes and he starts taking out a bunch of women's clothes that were thrown in Jake's locker as a April Fools prank and starts tossing them about throwing out names of women Al knew, or so I assume because when he threw out the last name Al says that he never knew a girl by that name (I dont remember what the name was as I dont own the Universal release of season two and my bootleg cut that scene out, stupid bootleg.) But I was thinking it would be halarious if that became one of his daughters names to make it a coincidence how he says he doesn't know a girl by that name.

So whatever you saw hun was just one person's idea; there is no canon information on this. It's one of many QL facts that's up to the fans.

Last edited:
I think that was one of my BFF's names. But I don't remember for sure. If not I am going to suggest she change one of them cause that's great.

So Al's daughters names is something that up to fanficers,but what about their ages...That something i guess we all can agree about,Don't you?
So what,in your opinion,supposed to be their ages in the QL Universe?

There is no canon for Al's daughter's ages, either - again, it's all a matter of opinion. The only 'rule' is that the birthdates would have to be after Al's repatriation from 'Nam, so they would have been born in or after 1975 (going by info given in The Leap Home Part II).

Yeah Emma is right there is no canon information on the daughter's whatsoever besides that they exsist. Names, Ages(There is a limit here though because they are all adult if you go to the Mirror Image ep guide and view the alternate ending) personalities, illnesses(referring to what Helen said above about someone giving one a heart condition) are all up to the fans.

This limit you mentioned is what i ment.
Anyway...if we'll take "mirror image" alternate ending when we see a picture of Al,Beth and their 4 daughters you have to agree that all 4 daughters looked in their teens(at list)...
So my opinion his - in 1999 the oldest were no more then 23 and the youngest no less then 14.

What are the names of Al's ex-wives again?

All I can remember is Ruth and Maxine (and Beth of course... but she's no longer an "ex"wife)

The other name we are given is Sharon.

The second wife, the Hungarian one, isn't actually named in the episodes so far as I recall.

Beth was Al's first wife! The one true love of his life.
Second was the un-named Hungarian.
Third was Ruth.
I'm not 100% which way round Maxine and Sharon were, I think Sharon was no. 4 but I'm sure somebody here will remember. To be fair, Al often forgot himself! :lol

Yes that's right Helen the second wife is only known as the Hungarian one she was not given a name. The others however are, Ruthie, Sharon and Maxine.

I don't remember what her name was, but I know Al mentioned which wife was his 4th in The Leap Back. He says "My 4th wife ... sued me for alamony. There are some dates you don't forget..."

Ah yeh that's right. I seem to recall now that Al mentions Maxine as being the one who used to put mint leaves between her toes, when he is talking about taking his first, third and fifth wives on the Honeymoon Express.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
We have no way of knowing because the date of their marriage was not given.

Well, you can do the math where Beth tells Dirk, "In the eight years we've been married we've actually lived together" (okay here my memory fails me).

So you can assume they were married in 1961, and the card at the end of Mirror Image says Al and Beth will celebrate their 35th anniversary in June. So June (pick the date you like best), 1961.

mcduck said:
Well, you can do the math where Beth tells Dirk, "In the eight years we've been married we've actually lived together" (okay here my memory fails me).
Oh I forgot she said that. I havent seen that ep for a while and I hardly watch it because I hate my bootleg, they cut out the funny parts at the beginning. The only thing its good for is the Rightchious Brothers song when Al is talking to Beth at the end. Stupid Bootleg |I

O.K in the past 3 weeks i started writing a fanfic. this story,of course, taking place after "Mirror Image" and Sam is actuelly meets Al's Daughters,in his leap(He doesn't aware of it,of course).Anyway the reason i mentioning it in here is ,that i need your help with names - Names of a common American streets, and names for the daughters.
Now about the daughters...I got an impression that in the US most of the children have at list 3 names(first name,second name and last name - thier family name). So i need suggestion for an American names(After all i'm not from the US) for Al's daughters,But i need that each daugter will have at list 2 names.
At the moment i already decided about 3 names - Trudy,Lisa and Alberta.
Now i need your help for some other names for the daughters and names of a common American Streets.
Thank you in Advance...

Well, for common American Street names you can't go wrong with trees: Elm, Maple, Oak, Pine, Poplar - and for variety, you can use Street, Drive, Circle, Avenue. Main Street is totally generic - almost every town has one; other big streets might be called Washington or Madison or some other historical figure.

As for girls' names: yes, it's true that most people have a christian name, a middle name, and a surname (for example, Anne Katherine Calavicci). Al is, at least nominally, Catholic, though, so you could get away with adding another name (a saint name or confirmation name) and he's Italian so you could add a few more. You don't have to limit yourself, because there's no official "American" naming convention. People name their kids based on their own family background or traditions. (My kids each have two "middle" names, for various reasons.)

The point being, don't think you have to stick to a two-name formula to be "American." Whatever makes sense in your story will work.

Looking forward to reading your finished product!

Sorry The only names I can think of are my BFFs and you can't use those. But a fact that might help it be easier, not all Americans have middle names.

bluedana said:
Well, for common American Street names you can't go wrong with trees: Elm, Maple, Oak, Pine, Poplar - and for variety, you can use Street, Drive, Circle, Avenue. Main Street is totally generic - almost every town has one; other big streets might be called Washington or Madison or some other historical figure.

As for girls' names: yes, it's true that most people have a christian name, a middle name, and a surname (for example, Anne Katherine Calavicci). Al is, at least nominally, Catholic, though, so you could get away with adding another name (a saint name or confirmation name) and he's Italian so you could add a few more. You don't have to limit yourself, because there's no official "American" naming convention. People name their kids based on their own family background or traditions. (My kids each have two "middle" names, for various reasons.)

The point being, don't think you have to stick to a two-name formula to be "American." Whatever makes sense in your story will work.

Looking forward to reading your finished product!

But i'm looking for an american names because Al is an American, Sam is an American and so on. So i need suggestion for an american girls name(that maybe became popular in the last 30 years) Al might like, That why i'm asking you -Quantum Leaps Fan for suggestion. Well unless you think it make sense Al's moved to Israel and used israeli names for his daughters,and sam leaped to Israel during this time and actuelly knows hebrew...