Leaper X Hologram?

Spartan83

Project QL Assistant
Nov 16, 2021
He may be leaping blue but is Martinez leaping without help in the form of a hologram?

In this last EP16 we see him working alone but maybe being a future leaper I'm assuming his team is using even more advance tech, perhaps linked directly to future Ziggy remotely with neuro implants.

I am *currently* thinking his future involves being without a Ziggy due to her being corrupted although I do hope she will be cured and get her voice back. That there is a future Ziggy who is working with Martinez doesn't match my perception of his reactions in the conversation with Addison but I could be wrong.

Neurolinks are an interesting possibility - I can think of 3 others.

1. Martinez pops back to his HQ to talk with them but if that were true Ian would have detected something.

2. Knowing Ben and Addison are there he simply warned his Hologram and they had a way to cloak his hologram even though it consumes extra power or whatever.

3. His hologram just happened to not be there/out of Addison's sight line at the moment they interacted and then they just were ultra careful to avoid Addison or Ben seeing whoever it was.

Direct neurolinks are an interesting 4th option but if that is what they are using its not a constant, Martinez didn't actively get an order in the middle of interactions with Ben or Addison - he had off screen conversations with his side, through neurolink or for real - IMO.

Its that or he is alone opperating on some cryptic set of instructions/clues/orders.

Interesting to ponder.

1. Martinez pops back to his HQ to talk with them but if that were true Ian would have detected something.

2. Knowing Ben and Addison are there he simply warned his Hologram and they had a way to cloak his hologram even though it consumes extra power or whatever.

3. His hologram just happened to not be there/out of Addison's sight line at the moment they interacted and then they just were ultra careful to avoid Addison or Ben seeing whoever it was.

There are far too many assumptions as to where his hologram is or isn't. If he is leaping alone he is in Sam Beckett territory and can complete his missions/leaps without outside guidance and by the look of him he has been successful in doing so.

I believe he must have a hologram also but one on a part-time basis LOL Martinez already looks like he is successful enough in his leaps by his own single-minded approach so it will be interesting to see.

Thus far we are aware that Martinez is leaping from the future following a set map stolen from Ben's project and it's indicative albeit subtle that he is more in control of where he lands based on how the last couple of times, his approaches to Ben and involvement in Ben's missions were deliberate.

Contrast that to the evil leapers who were never aware of Sam until either he and Alia touched or Zoe made a deliberate inquiry to Lothos.

Considering that, the fact that he has not been seen interacting with an unseen presence and that Sam has transcended the need for a guide, I believe it's possible that Martinez is acting solo. Even without sufficient tech, he has the means to because he is following a pre-drawn map.

Using the original neuro-links used by Sam and Al to conceal his hologram is also a solid theory.