Sam's Family.

RManstooth

Project QL Intern
Feb 25, 2008
Where do Sam's friends and family believe he has been for the past four plus years while he is leaping? Do they think he is dead? A secret project?

:heybaby:roflmao:

His wife and daughter all work on project Quantum Leap, so they keep tabs on him through Al. I assume Al shared the news with Beth, who met him several times as other people, lol.

I think his parents and brother have all passed away before the project begins.
(I might be wrong about his brother. I don't remember if Sam saved him in the end.)

I guess his sister is told he's on a secret project, as you suggested.

If Sam keeps saving people, there could end up being an entire entourage of people from Sam and Al's lives hanging out at PQL. ;)

I know it makes for dramatic storytelling, but if I wrote a followup to Mirror Image, it wouldn't be "Sam disappeared from PQL for so long, the project was shut down." But I know that's the path most fanfic takes (including Trey Calloway's planned reboot).

His wife and daughter all work on project Quantum Leap, so they keep tabs on him through Al. I assume Al shared the news with Beth, who met him several times as other people, lol.

I think his parents and brother have all passed away before the project begins.
(I might be wrong about his brother. I don't remember if Sam saved him in the end.)

I guess his sister is told he's on a secret project, as you suggested.
sams father died, sams mom obvioustly died also. About his brother tom, sam actually saved his life when he lept as toms friend in vietnam and that was also mentioned and to another ep of ql that tom returned from the war and blah blah blah,
now his sister. in the original storyline his sister marryed to a guy who was abusive and drunk, and i think he killer her. when sam lept in to himshelf as a 15 years old he tried to warn her to not get involved romantically in the future and when she grew up with someone that had drinking problems and she said ok .but we dont know what happened...and she was 10 so maybe sam didnt conviced her enouph,
my final thought is that sams family <obsence> from his life was prob another writers mistake like his marriage to donna.
first sam wasnt marryed then he changed the future and he was marryed and then we never saw miss becket ever again .. i guess she was furious that sam cheated on her with abigail and had a kid with her, and that kid <his doughter> she later worked at the qlp:cheers what woman would wanted to co work with her habbys little bastard :roflmao:
I guess tom didnt know about the project if we ecxept the fact that his sister didnt leave that jerk and she died ,,and he thought that sam was prob working for some top secret military project <well he was a scientist> ,,,somewhere in nevada and he knew he couldnt reach him that easy and so he was focused on his familly...
of course that theory never explained or to what happened to his sister and we will prob never find out ...but only guess
ITs like when i watched an ep from the sex and the city,, where charlote had a brother in the 2 season that he slept with amanda ,, and miranda had a sister but we never saw these 2 on both of these women marriages and that was kinda dumb lol
Especially in ql where in the last ep sam lost in time.. well you wanna call someone :disbelief

sams father died, sams mom obvioustly died also.
There's no information given regarding Sam's mother passing away. If anything, there is information given to support that she's still alive. When Sam's trying to remember who he is in "Genesis", he says in a voice over, "Mom's lived with them in Hawaii ever since..." From this once can infer that, at least at the time Sam leaped, Thelma Beckett was alive and living in Hawaii.

now his sister. in the original storyline his sister marryed to a guy who was abusive and drunk, and i think he killer her. when sam lept in to himshelf as a 15 years old he tried to warn her to not get involved romantically in the future and when she grew up with someone that had drinking problems and she said ok .but we dont know what happened...and she was 10 so maybe sam didnt conviced her enouph, .

Again, evidence from the episodes contradicts your theories. Sam talks about his sister being in an abusive marriage in the episode "Kamikazi Kid" but he never says she was killed. What he does say is, "The first time my sister got married, she was 17...guess she wanted to get away from the farm. He drank a lot and when he got drunk..." Based on what Sam says, it's safe to assume that Katie did leave Chuck (as we learn his name was in the episode "The Leap Home") and then went on to marry Jim Bonnic (the name given for her husband in "Genesis")

yes about his sister i didnt remember that episode and i thought she died like tom well in the original timeline..
but still the writers could ve showed sams family in the future and their worries about sam.but i guess they didnt think of that or whatever