Old 08-05-2005, 04:05 PM   #26
crowovw
PQL Visitor

Default Brian

I think he said if I'm not mistaken North or South Carolina.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:17 PM   #27
The Someday Man
Imaging Chamber Technician

Default Kentucky Boy Here :)

Hey, all!

Just passing through, but I noticed you're talking convention/reunion again.

I'm in Kentucky so anywhere in the midwest would be right up my alley.

Hey, Joy! Thanks for throwing my name into the mix a few posts back. I'd be very happy and honored to do a live read-through of fan-written material for our reunion. I'm sure we could get Chrono and the gang to join in as well. It'd be a somewhat enjoyable activity if we can't get the real thing, ya' know? Maybe have people write down what they'd like to hear Sam say and I'll hide and read from a microphone or something. lol

I'm there, anyway you need me. In any form. Make whatever plans for my Scott impression and I'll make sure I'm there.

In Peace,
Shane
Old 08-10-2005, 12:30 AM   #28
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowovw
I think he said if I'm not mistaken North or South Carolina.
Yes, I am from Oak Island, North Carolina. I've already met Jennie (McDuck) and Eleiece (Sherdran), so I would love to be involved in meeting as a group at some point!

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
alsplacebartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:41 AM   #29
tina_als_girl
PQL Security Staff

Shane, those are some awesome ideas! A live performance from the Radio Files gang would be so much fun! I wonder if we could come up with a special story that involves the entire cast that could be just for the Meet/Convention/Whatever... That'd be awesome.

Joy
Old 08-10-2005, 01:04 AM   #30
Cpt Jules
Control Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina_als_girl
Shane, those are some awesome ideas! A live performance from the Radio Files gang would be so much fun! I wonder if we could come up with a special story that involves the entire cast that could be just for the Meet/Convention/Whatever... That'd be awesome.

Joy
It IS an awesome idea. Heck, I've wanted to meet several people in the Midwest for a while now, such as sweet Eleiece and MJ. You can definitely count on me showing up. In fact, I'd love to help out where I can. I may be in Colorado but I know we could come up with something for our little convention. Maybe a radio drama with some assistance from some talented fellow writers.

Anyway, I'm getting excited with this prospect.

Kat
Old 08-10-2005, 03:38 PM   #31
crowovw
PQL Visitor

Default The someday man

Hey I'm in KY too, what part are you in, I live in Jefferson County pretty close to
Indiana... Sam Becket country
Old 08-10-2005, 10:38 PM   #32
QL Damsel
Al's Place / TVS Administrator

I would love to meet up with others... it's like Damon said earlier... money and the way to get there... being a teacher... if it was during the school time, etc., I wouldn't be able to go... *sighs*

But I'd love to do SOMETHING.... one of these days.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:04 AM   #33
McDuck
Junior Leaper

Helen, that's very thorough of you, and that certainly would appear to be a centrally most located spot.

I say I'm tired and loopy and shouldn't be wasting a reply to say this, but at your question I'm just getting a mental image of Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn asking,

What say you??

:
Old 08-11-2005, 12:45 AM   #34
Dman176

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
2 people in England
1 in Canada
2 in NY
Just making some minor corrections, because I know there a few people that have not posted on the board for quite a while (or if they do, not that frequently):
Helen (leaper1), Sue (SueJBakula) and Ruthie (wolvie_wench) all live in England, and I'm pretty sure there was someone else who was counted in the initial count of 2...so that would actually be 4 people in England...

Mike (MikeKraken), Clara (Clara5) and Aurora (AuroraMcPherson) are all in Canada, so that's 3 at least...

And there are 3 people in New York that I am aware of: Gelf (gelfling1220), Chris (QLNut), and myself...

Speaking of meetings, Gelf and I have also met in person...twice. I believe that I am the only person who has seen her true identity...
Old 08-11-2005, 01:22 AM   #35
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

well, my state is cali, so LA would be ideal for me, becasue i am a 6 hour drive away. but i would fly out to indiana for Scott Bakula, anyday, especially cause i have yet in my life to venture to the east coast.

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:43 AM   #36
QL Nut
Project Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBeckettfann
but i would fly out to indiana for Scott Bakula, anyday, especially cause i have yet in my life to venture to the east coast.
Heh, that's exactly how it is for me with the West Coast. I've always wanted to go out to California. The only places I've ever been were Florida and St. Thomas, and I'm really sick and tired of going to Florida (family lives there so I go from time to time). I would of course be down for a meeting anywhere within a reasonable distance. And I have no idea what to qualify as a "reasonable distance" so... I really need to take vacations to new places, but being so unbelievably stressed with school and being broke doesn't help the situation.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:05 AM   #37
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by QL Nut
Heh, that's exactly how it is for me with the West Coast. I've always wanted to go out to California. The only places I've ever been were Florida and St. Thomas, and I'm really sick and tired of going to Florida (family lives there so I go from time to time). I would of course be down for a meeting anywhere within a reasonable distance. And I have no idea what to qualify as a "reasonable distance" so... I really need to take vacations to new places, but being so unbelievably stressed with school and being broke doesn't help the situation.
i have only been to Seattle, Reno and Santa Fe, so thats all still on the west coast, and even when i was in canada it was still on the west coast.

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:00 AM   #38
Clara5
Control Room Technician

Well, a gathering would be a neat idea, but I'm already spending all my budget going to visit Mike this summer, so unless you organize this when I'm rich and all, I guess I just won't be able to do it... Montreal is a lot more North than London, Ontario... but it just so happens that I bought a webcam, so maybe I could be there that way!

Clara
Old 08-11-2005, 09:20 AM   #39
QL Nut
Project Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBeckettfann
i have only been to Seattle, Reno and Santa Fe, so thats all still on the west coast, and even when i was in canada it was still on the west coast.
I left out Niagra Falls, Canada, actually. But that's still on the East Coast for me.

Anyway, if we're all unable to ever organize a gathering, webcams seem like the perfect solution. Also, at least this way our members in the U.K. (or any other part of the world) won't have to feel left out in any way. At least it will be one step ahead of the ordinary chats we have from time to time. Plus, obviously it's the option that's the most likely to gather the most people. All I have to do is actually buy one, though.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:37 AM   #40
tina_als_girl
PQL Security Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
However (light bulb flashes on)...if we do webcams I guess it could be somewhat of a possibility (Ziggy says maybe 5%) to get someone there virtually (which would be really cool actually...sort of like Al's hologram). Just don't know how likely that would be at this point, but we could certainly explore the possibilities!
It's too bad we won't have the funds to afford a Teleportec Hologram Video Conferencing set.

http://www.teleportec.com/

It would be SO cool to have Dean Stockwell "visit" our meets via a 3D hologram communication system...

Scott's used a Teleportec once:

http://www.teleportec.com/news_scotty.html

Joy
Old 08-11-2005, 12:51 PM   #41
crowovw
PQL Visitor

Default Kentuckiana

I think as I said above Indiana would be perfect atleast for me since I live in the Kentuckiana area and Indiana of course is Sams home!!!! You got my vote on that!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2005, 03:58 PM   #42
leaper1
PQL Security Staff

Default Virtual attendance

The idea of joining y'all via webcam is extremely appealing.
Unfortunately, I don't have one at home, and being a mac user, it is not quite so straightforward to get one. I'd have to get a special one to use with i-sight I believe, and an adapter to get a mike to work to chat to ya.
I have access to a webcam on my computer at work - heck I have access to a ?5000 video conferencing kit that is kept in the ILC where I work! and the time differential would probably make work hours more likely for a hook up anyway - I'm just not sure what my bosses would say!!! (Hmmm, thinks, thinks, taps side of head - how could I sell this as an educational undertaking? How do you all feel about a class full of gatecrashers? )
In any case, whether I could join you or not - I wish you all well in your endeavours to meet. I shall be with you in spirit.

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.(Leo Buscaglia) Helen in Bedford
leaper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:18 AM   #43
Katar
Waiting Room Visitor

I'd definitely try and make a Quantum Leap gathering in Indiana or somewhere else around the Midwest. I'd rather go to one I can drive to, so Midwest is great to me. I can probably convince some friends to go along!
Old 08-22-2005, 10:59 PM   #44
The Someday Man
Imaging Chamber Technician

Default In Response

Someone from Jefferson County asked about my location in Kentucky. Sorry it took so long to respond. I'm in Daviess County, though I'm originally from Breckinridge County.

I hope we can make this work someday, everyone! It'd be nice to finally meet you all.

In Peace,
Shane
Old 08-22-2005, 11:05 PM   #45
QL Damsel
Al's Place / TVS Administrator

If we do, Shane, I get the first hug from you! Hehehe....
Old 09-01-2005, 01:10 PM   #46
Katar
Waiting Room Visitor

If someone organized a gathering, maybe someone from the show could be persuaded to record a message for the group or a least write a letter answering some questions? I agree that it would take quite a bit of money to get someone from the show to attend. It would take at least paying travel and boarding costs.