QL Marathon on ESQ

blue enigma

Project QL Intern
Oct 21, 2012
Esquire Network will be marathoning the first several episodes of Quantum Leap on Wed 8 April (tomorrow) starting at noon EST with Genesis Part 1.

It's very cool that QL is still in reruns. And the 8-hour marathon block is a great way to do it.

Just curious, though: Why are they skipping "Disco Inferno" (Season 2, episode 2) this week? They're showing everything else in order, but you're skipping an episode that's pivotal to the continuity (telling us what happened to Sam's brother Tom).

Just curious, though: Why are they skipping "Disco Inferno" (Season 2, episode 2) this week? They're showing everything else in order, but you're skipping an episode that's pivotal to the continuity (telling us what happened to Sam's brother Tom).

I think it has something to do with copyright on something, either the music or maybe something else. They always skipped this one, even when it was airing on G4. They've removed 'Disco Inferno' from Hulu as well -- all the other episodes are there but not this one.

Huh, that's weird. I know that there were problems with the music rights for home video, but I thought that the TV rights were reserved in perpetuity. Oh, well.

I was thinking about this yesterday, and it actually works out well mathematically for the 8-episodes-a-week marathon if they skip an episode. There are 97 episodes (in syndicated format, splitting up some two-parters), but 96 is perfectly divisible by 8. So it will take exactly, evenly 12 weeks to run all the episodes.

I wish it wasn't an important episode like "Disco Inferno" that was getting skipped, but it still kind of makes sense. :)

Thanks for the info!